New to Keto

Is there anyone out there that has been Keto for a while and can help
Me figure out my calorie fat/carb/ protein ratio??? I

Replies

• hassankarimi82
    hassankarimi82 Posts: 153 Member
    Keto is low carb. The calories depends on you and your goals. Everyone is unique. Macro wise, you could start with say 5% carbs, 70% fats and 25% protein. But it'll also depend on the source of your calories. Eat good food sources.
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    When we were super strict, we did it like this: 60% fat, 25% protein, 15% carbs. All of our carbs came from plants; we ate no rice, pasta, sugar, flour, alcohol, etc. A month was all we could manage without some kind of break, but I still get most of my carbs from plants and alcohol. Apparently, I can do without bread and pasta (until that pizza craving comes around...).
  • drwilseyjr
    drwilseyjr Posts: 225 Member
    I'm a fan of the 70/25/5 split. I've been off keto for about a month now due to traveling, but will be getting back into it soon.
  • ptouch
    ptouch Posts: 2 Member
    edited May 2016
    Me too
  • jbenji07
    jbenji07 Posts: 10 Member
    70% fat, 25% protein, and 5% carbs has been amazing for me. I've been steadily losing, I have more energy, and don't feel hungry. I'm very careful to weigh all my food, stay close to my caloric goal, and keep my net carbs around 20.
  • SheLikesToLift
    SheLikesToLift Posts: 80 Member
    75% fat
    20% protein
    5% carbs

I don't count total carbs, only net carbs because fiber lowers your insulin response (fiber is good), which is what you want :) I havent "lost" much weight yet because there has been a transfer of fat to muscle, which I am loving!