Is There Anything That Doesn't Taste Good Anymore?

Options
Colorscheme
Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
As the title says, is there anything that just doesn't taste good to you anymore that used to? I used to be big on sugary cereals but I just cannot stand the sweetness of most of them anymore. Like Captain Crunch, Fruit Loops, etc.

I also don't enjoy overly salty food either. KFC's fries come to mind.

Replies

• kirstenb13
    kirstenb13 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    For me it's more things that used to be 'ok' have now moved to not good enough anymore because the taste is too blah for the calories. Like bagels from bagel chains or cheap ice cream. No desire to eat stuff like that anymore.
    (I have never been able to stomach sugar cereal or soda anyways so it doesn't surprise me that this goes away)
  • NEOHgirl
    NEOHgirl Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I"m with you on the cheap ice cream. I will take a 1/2 cup of really good, locally crafted hand batched over a larger quantity of mass-produced ice cream any day. Onion rings - never as tasty as I remember them being, at least not for the macro-hit.
  • NEOHgirl
    NEOHgirl Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Also, any boxed baked good - think Little Debbie, Keebler, etc. If i want something, I get it fresh from a bakery. Again, it's not worth getting the mass-produced stuff.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Lean Cuisine/SmartOnes, flavored instant oatmeal packets, jarred pasta sauce, artificially-sweetened 'light' yogurt, etc. I make so much stuff from scratch now that processed stuff just tastes bad to me.
  • rakowskidp
    rakowskidp Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    NEOHgirl wrote: »
    Also, any boxed baked good - think Little Debbie, Keebler, etc. If i want something, I get it fresh from a bakery. Again, it's not worth getting the mass-produced stuff.

This is exactly what I was going to say. I can't stand super-over-sweetened stuff like that any more.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    I'm the same with sugary items. I used to eat handfuls of gummy bears or jelly beans but now one or two is fine. Much too sweet otherwise. I can handle a bite or two of baked goods. More than that is too sweet.

Processed foods such as canned soup, boxes of pasta with dry packet seasonings and similar items have zero flavor to me other than salt. I love salty foods, but the flavors need to balance out.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I think a lot of packaged foods taste bland to me now like canned soups.
    I hate most ketchup so I rarely taste it but I had a taste recently and it was even more grossly sweet than I remembered.
    I did not do a diet overhaul. I'm not avoiding all packaged foods but do make more things like homemade soups because it is cheaper and tastier.
  • markswife1992
    markswife1992 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    cheeseburger. that used to be my fav food and i had one the other night and it tasted like cardboard.
  • markswife1992
    markswife1992 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    cheeseburger. that used to be my fav food and i had one the other night and it tasted like cardboard.

I'd question that cheeseburger's merits if it tasted like cardboard.

i would, but it is from a place that i normally eat them and they have always been good in the past.
  • dehlirium
    dehlirium Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    White bread and pasta tastes so bland and sweet to me now.
    I used to drink milk all the time as a kid, now it literally makes me sick...
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I enjoy everything more since it's all about portion control and I don't mindlessly shovel food in my facehole. Everything is soooooo yummy and exciting!
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I guess its because I knocked off sugar a few weeks back, but anything too too sweet isn't desirable anymore. :|
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, as a big fan of carrot cake, yes.

Ever since I've had the carrot cake at 2 Wives, every other carrot cake has been only pretty good, at best.

B)
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Nothing. *shrug*
  • rhtexasgal
    rhtexasgal Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I quit soda a few years ago and recently had a taste of my mom's Coca Cola ... it was nasty! Also, any cake mixes, frosting etc. taste like chemicals. I don't deny myself treats but these days I make them myself with organic ingredients. After making homemade brownies and my favorite, yellow cake with chocolate frosting, I just don't see why people don't take a few extra minutes to do homemade versus a box mix.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Nothing.