Is There Anything That Doesn't Taste Good Anymore?

Options

Replies

• jlc102980
    jlc102980 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    French fries taste terrible to me now.

Foods flavored with artificial sweeteners to keep them low-cal. Taste sickly sweet to me.

And I no longer enjoy cheap chocolate, regular or dark. Hershey's, etc. Tastes like plastic. Only the expensive stuff now.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Milk bottle candies from Australia. The formula changed.
  • SugarySweetheart
    SugarySweetheart Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'm on the fence about yogurt. I used to think it was sour because I was eating so much sugar. Now I feel it's way too sweet.
  • shank35l
    shank35l Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Can't stand Oreos anymore, can't stand most fast food, period.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    Being off processed foods/drinks for nearly two years I find now even raw carrots and celery taste sweet and items with any added sugar are over the top sweet. I read over time our taste buds replace themselves but I know my work better now.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Nah.. I haven't really had lots of what I used to live on, for a long time now, I just don't want it that much, for the calorie expense, and because I have started to like "real" food - I can pick up the flavors and nuances, I try out new varieties for fun, and I love to cook from scratch; I salivate in the produce section... But I think everything would taste like before and that I'd be just as hooked as before. That's my number one reason for sticking to "real" food.
  • hassankarimi82
    hassankarimi82 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    For me its sweets. They used to taste awesome as a kid, now they just taste bloody aweful! They make my brain swirl. I used to hate cheese also, now I love it, even though....it gives me nightmares! I think its all to do with how we mature - our tastes change, opinions change, we change.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Nope, I still love the taste of everything I ate before. My taste buds didn't suddenly become discerning and self-righteous just because I lost weight. I wish that brownies and salty fries tasted like doo-doo to me, but they don't, so I just eat them in moderation instead.

This 100%

I enjoy whatever foods I like but in moderation
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    For me its sweets. They used to taste awesome as a kid, now they just taste bloody aweful! They make my brain swirl. I used to hate cheese also, now I love it, even though....it gives me nightmares! I think its all to do with how we mature - our tastes change, opinions change, we change.

Yeah, taste buds changing as we get older makes sense. I used to hate spicy food, now I love it. I like lots more bitter foods. I like many cheeses I didn't or wouldn't have before. I stopped liking most of the fast food I enjoyed as a kid. I'm much more open to trying new things. My sister adored sugary cereal as a kid (I've never gotten the cold cereal thing) and now really doesn't like super sweet foods.

It's also true that laying off the salt with make you more sensitive to salt so you don't need so much.

I find the idea that we start eating healthfully and automatically cannot tolerate the foods we used to enjoy a little odd. Personally I'd be bummed if eating healthfully made me not like homemade apple pie with ice cream. But again I haven't really changed the foods I eat that much, just made them lower cal through changing my cooking, and eat more sensible portions.
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I'd rather have eggs on toast with butter or a can of sardines than sweets anymore. Fresh fruit is also good.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I'm not a food snob, at all. But it had been a couple of years since I had eaten McDonald's burgers and fries. I had both this last weekend, and they were not good. Bland, boring yuckiness that totally wasn't worth the calories. Even my 12-year-old agreed.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    I'm not a food snob, at all. But it had been a couple of years since I had eaten McDonald's burgers and fries. I had both this last weekend, and they were not good. Bland, boring yuckiness that totally wasn't worth the calories. Even my 12-year-old agreed.

Burger King whoops McD's backside. So does Wendy's.
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »

Burger King whoops McD's backside.

McDonald's has better chicken nuggets.
  • trina1049
    trina1049 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I find all restaurant food, and fast food too salty now. Sad that pizza is way too salty also because it was always my favorite. Can't stand any commercial baked goods as they taste too cloyingly sweet. Love the spicy stuff if it's homemade without the salt. I can still go for a few potato chips occasionally though. Love those but have to watch the you-know (salt).
  • Holly_Wood_888
    Holly_Wood_888 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Salt
    also POUTINE