Non-food related rewards

Options
Shoebacha1
Shoebacha1 Posts: 2,113 Member
I recently posted a thread asking for weekend get away ideas to reward myself for 20 pound increment loss on my 100 pound weight loss journey. Someone, who had a great idea for this, mentioned that she has struggled to think of non-food related rewards to keep her motivated. So, I am posting a thread to see what kind of things you do to reward yourself for milestone achievements. While I am rewarding myself with weekend getaways for every 20 pounds, I would like some ideas on smaller and less expensive rewards for smaller accomplishments.

Replies

• ganzelly
    ganzelly Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    New bathing suit, workout clothes, jeans (maybe for larger loss increments). But I also like the massage and pedicure ideas
  • cabwj
    cabwj Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Earrings :-)
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    - mani/ pedi
    - New magazine or book
    - Clothes/ new shirt/ cute socks / shoes
    - Makeup
    - Luxury lotion
    - Massage
    - Love the gift card idea from @shanna_wainwright
  • Shoebacha1
    Options
    Moxie42 wrote: »
    I struggle with this too, especially since I'm not really into a lot of things most women seem to be into (mani-pedis, spas...anything involving strangers touching me, lol!)

Here are some things I've picked:
    * Seeing a movie in the theater
    * Going to a concert or comedy club
    * An overnight camping trip
    * Buying myself something small I've been wanting (crafting supplies, a book, a FitBit)
    * Taking a weekend day "off" to be lazy (Netflix, reading a book, crafting)- instead of errands and chores (I enlist my husband's help so I can do this without feeling guilty or overwhelmed the next day!)

I love the concert idea! Thank you!
  • Shoebacha1
    Options
    I have started riding with my mom. She mentioned she will need to get new tires for her bike soon. I will look into these! Maybe they can be a good goal for her. She has lost motivation lately and I am riding with her to keep her going.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    New goals.
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    Jewellery
    Manicure
    Pedicure
    Massage
    Spa day
    New shoes/clothes
    That handbag you really want
    Crockpot (we both love mine, it is used every week)
    Cookbook (more ideas for fab recipes)
    Concert/show/cinema tickets
    New make up
    A makeover photo shoot
    Perfume
    Some fab looking lingerie

My next reward is ready to be booked, massage for the two of us, a trip into the gym, followed by a lovely swim and relaxing in the jacuzzi. Quality time to relax and spend time together, without any interruptions.
  • Shoebacha1
    Options
    Charms for a charm bracelet, then buy the actual bracelet when you've reached goal weight (so it won't be too big!). Purse, shoes, mani/pedi, clothes... pretty much anything you want and can afford. I started buying better skin care products and makeup, and I make sure to update my clothes as much as possible, especially pants.

Love the charm bracelet idea. My husband loves to buy me jewelry, so I can pick out my next charm and he can buy it. Perfect. Thanks!
  • Shoebacha1
    Options
    Bonny132 wrote: »
    Jewellery
    Manicure
    Pedicure
    Massage
    Spa day
    New shoes/clothes
    That handbag you really want
    Crockpot (we both love mine, it is used every week)
    Cookbook (more ideas for fab recipes)
    Concert/show/cinema tickets
    New make up
    A makeover photo shoot
    Perfume
    Some fab looking lingerie

My next reward is ready to be booked, massage for the two of us, a trip into the gym, followed by a lovely swim and relaxing in the jacuzzi. Quality time to relax and spend time together, without any interruptions.

I never thought of a photo shoot! I have decided when I lose 50 pounds, half of my end goal, I will buy a new saddle for my horse. I can add a photo shoot of me and my horse with our new saddle!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Lose 20 lb, run a 5K, improve my time. Then increase training intensity.
  • Shoebacha1
    Options
    I am 5 pounds away from my first 20. I am going to California (Not sure where) to celebrate my grandpa's 90th birthday. My budget for my first 20 is going to be kind of tight, so instead of going on a trip, I am going to buy a kayak. This will help me get to the next 20! I live on a horse ranch with a few small ponds, but I am only 2 miles from a decent size lake in town, and not far from 2 larger lakes. My husband and I are so going to get some exercise, sun and fish!