Non-food related rewards

Options

Replies

• BlondeTheHardWay
    BlondeTheHardWay Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    New sandals! A night out at the movies where I bring my own snacks! I also buy Gold. Not jewelry....I exchange a portion of my pay for gold and put it away. Smart move.
  • mickey2942
    mickey2942 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I will be getting a frivolous pair of shoes. I can't wait.
  • ilikegardens
    ilikegardens Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I buy flowers at the grocery store instead of wine.
  • Shoebacha1
    Shoebacha1 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    I cant do the flower thing. My cats eat and knock them down. LOL
  • Shoebacha1
    Options
    I am down 18 pounds!
  • spikycactus
    spikycactus Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this has been covered, but I set a goal for each day like: work out for 1hr, eat according to meal plan,log food diary etc. Failure to meet any of these goals means I have to put a certain amount of money in a jar. When I finally reach my next weight loss goal, I get to spend the money on anything I want.

That usually ends up being getting my hair or nails done or a new clothing item, purse, or jewelry. But for significant goals.... I usually hold out on dying my hair and leaving that as the reward. Roots can be a real motivator! Lol
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    new exercise stuff or a night at the drive-in
  • joieleor
    joieleor Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I love the tattoo idea! I like to buy new accessories for the dogs like new halters or leashes that allow us all to walk further or faster. I also tend to by them special treats when I have hit a milestone. I regularly engage in massage and acupuncture and think of those more as a necessity than a reward. A makeover would be a nice reward for a major milestone. Thanks for all of the ideas!
  • Shoebacha1
    Options
    I fell off the wagon for a while. Back on track. Down 5 pounds and working at doing better. I will be getting a tattoo at 10 pounds. That is goal number one. Hoping to reach this by March 1st, at the rate of a pound per week. As of today, I am right on time with this goal.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Shoebacha1 wrote: »
    The ultimate reward for losing weight for me will be getting pregnant. The doctor said losing 10% of your body weight increases fertility dramatically when you have PCOS. Started at 220, so hopefully this time next year I will be pregnant or a new mom.

@Shoebacha1 - I'm so glad you're still around. I wanted to respond to what you said above. Have you been able to get pregnant? I had a hard time conceiving with PCOS but I lost some weight when we were trying, and I got pregnant the first time at 207 lbs. It's the weight at which my BMI I leaves the "obese" category. I had that baby and thought we were done, but didn't go on BC because PCOS. Started losing the baby weight. Nine months later, I weighed 207 again -- and got pregnant again! Apparently 207 is my magic number. I'm almost there again (hopefully for the last time) but now I'm on BC. Just in case. :)
  • Shoebacha1
    Options
    No, havent got pregnant yet, but I have done an excellent job of tracking my BASAL this month. It looks text book, and we rocked it at the right times, but I am thinking it will take the weight loss. I got back up to 218, and am working on it again. I think I will stick to it this time. I was doing SOOOO good with my exercise and eating habits, but fell back during a business trip to San Antonio. Got back on track yesterday and will continue forward. Gained 3 pounds back because of last week. :( So, when I weighed in yesterday, I am at 215. Goal is to lose a pound a week, and I am right on track, instead of 3 pounds ahead.
  • __TMac__
    Options
    @Shoebacha1 - Good on ya for not giving up! Keep on going and you'll get there. Slow and steady wins the race. :)
  • Shoebacha1
    Options
    Thanks. I feel more confident in this than I ever have. I just had lunch at Subway in walmart and went shopping for cat/dog/bird food, gotta feed the critters...and we passed the Krispy Kreme Donut Island. The smell was overwhelming. Then waiting in line I wanted a candy bar so bad. I started to justify it in my head, and suddenly I was like "WTH is wrong with you!" I looked away and started singing and thinking about the work out I will do tonight at the gym and suddenly the urge passed. And this is when I was in a major emotional turmoil! I wanted to stress eat so much.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Clothes and shoes and make up.
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    While losing, I pretty much just congratulated myself whenever I lost some pounds, but I'd gift myself new exercise gear as my fitness improved.
  • __TMac__
    Options
    I use fitness gear as my reward. Seems appropriate. And I'm not into clothes or shopping.

I have a new (to me) indoor bike trainer sitting in the corner of my room, waiting for me to hit my next goal -- 5 more lbs down. The anticipation is killing me, but it sure is motivating!
  • Shoebacha1
    Options
    Down to 212. 2 more pounds to go to finish my tattoo. Have it all picked out and a friend gave me 125 gift certificate towards it. Maybe next weekend!
  • brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    For "smaller" milestones: Mani/Pedi. Haircut/color/style. New clothes. New shoes. Massages.
    When I lost 100 lbs, I got a nice bike.
    When I lose another 1.2 and hit the big milestone of having lost 50% of my body weight I want my wedding ring and band resized or replaced (They're on my index finger now).
    For goal weight, hopefully this summer summer, season passes to the local amusement park. That is 217 lbs from my highest & only 26 lbs to go! If I haven't made it by summer I'll probably allow it once I hit 200 lbs lost, just so we can enjoy the summer.
  • Jules_farmgirl
    Jules_farmgirl Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I am planning 2 tattoos. First will be at my 1/2 way mark. And the second, as its a large rib piece, will be after 6months of maintenance.
  • Shoebacha1
    Options
    I sure could use a mani/pedi. Havent been able to afford it because of winter feed bills. I have a 26 year old horse that costs me about 100 bucks a week to feed. Plus I have to pay for 3 horses to get their pedi every other month. Once we have green grass again, and I dont have to hay and grain my other two, I can get my mani/pedi when they do.