Does anyone use magnesium oil for deodorant?

Options
13»

Replies

• TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options

It says on the bottle it can be used as a deodorant. I tried some today but not sure how well it works yet. According to certain websites it's one of the best ways to get magnesium other than diet.

A better option to get magnesium is to eat magnesium rich foods (dark chocolate is one!) or soak in Epsom salts bath...or you could eat chocolate while taking a bath. ;)
    Indeed. I eat 90% dark chocolate almost every day but I'm not a fan of baths, although Epsom salts are one of the best ways to absorb magnesium as well.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    Do you drink coffee and eat vegetables? If so, why the concern over magnesium intake? Do you have a deficiency? A balanced diet should have you covered well enough that you don't need to depend on deodorant for magnesium.
  • TheDevastator
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    Do you drink coffee and eat vegetables? If so, why the concern over magnesium intake? Do you have a deficiency? A balanced diet should have you covered well enough that you don't need to depend on deodorant for magnesium.
    Magnesium is one of the most important minerals just as important as calcium. If you think coffee is high in magnesium you might be low as well.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    It says on the bottle it can be used as a deodorant. I tried some today but not sure how well it works yet. According to certain websites it's one of the best ways to get magnesium other than diet.

A better option to get magnesium is to eat magnesium rich foods (dark chocolate is one!) or soak in Epsom salts bath...or you could eat chocolate while taking a bath. ;)
    Indeed. I eat 90% dark chocolate almost every day but I'm not a fan of baths, although Epsom salts are one of the best ways to absorb magnesium as well.

You can also drink magnesium citrate.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

I like to top off my magnesium citrate levels before a long road trip. Don't want to be magnesium deficient!
  • TheDevastator
    Options
    nm212 wrote: »
    Why not just use Crystal deodorant? It's all natural...no chemicals. Can't you get magnesium from food?
    Magnesium is better absorbed through the skin than digesting pills.
    This is all natural.

Are you looking for a magnesium supplement or a natural deoderant? Because if you want a magnesium supplement, just take Natural Calm. It's magnesium citrate, which is one of the more absorbable forms, and it won't burn your skin.

I might have to try Natural Calm one of these days.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »

I like to top off my magnesium citrate levels before a long road trip. Don't want to be magnesium deficient!

You can even give a little to the whole family!
  • Pinkylee77
    Pinkylee77 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    My husband and I have used Toms for years with no issues.
  • Carlos_421
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    Magnesium is one of the most important minerals just as important as calcium. If you think coffee is high in magnesium you might be low as well.

I understand it's important but it's also in practically everything.
    Not a lot in coffee but it's in there.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Pinkylee77 wrote: »

No issues except smelling like a hippy?

(That's been my experience trying Tom's a few times before in my life.)
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    nm212 wrote: »
    Why not just use Crystal deodorant? It's all natural...no chemicals. Can't you get magnesium from food?
    Magnesium is better absorbed through the skin than digesting pills.
    This is all natural.

Are you looking for a magnesium supplement or a natural deoderant? Because if you want a magnesium supplement, just take Natural Calm. It's magnesium citrate, which is one of the more absorbable forms, and it won't burn your skin.

I might have to try Natural Calm one of these days.
    I bought a container of it tonight. I go through that stuff waaaaay faster than the label says I should.
  • Psreyna
    Psreyna Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Believe it or not we use unflavored milk of magnesia as our deodorant and it's fantastic. No BS. We've tried them all. And mt wide read about it somewhere and IT'S FANTASTIC. Let me know what y'all try and think.
  • angelskiz5
    angelskiz5 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have used milk of magnesia as a supplement to deoderant. I sweat a lot also and, to date, no bad smell!
  • Carlos_421
    Options
    k2-_4e78919c-556c-48b5-ab25-cfeb0e60ed96.v1.jpg
    Works like a charm.
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    Psreyna wrote: »
    Believe it or not we use unflavored milk of magnesia as our deodorant and it's fantastic. No BS. We've tried them all. And mt wide read about it somewhere and IT'S FANTASTIC. Let me know what y'all try and think.

I just read about this in Reader's Digest. Interesting.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options

How did it work for you? Since this post is a few days old, I was curious. If it kept odor/dry control. also, did you work out with it on and what was that results?
  • belinda_73
    belinda_73 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I love piper wai, it has magnesium hydroxide as the 3rd ingredient, it works really well. I smell good too
  • Pinkylee77
    Pinkylee77 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »
    Pinkylee77 wrote: »

No issues except smelling like a hippy?

(That's been my experience trying Tom's a few times before in my life.)

no we don't stink but maybe we would not have even if we did not use it either
  • TheDevastator
    Options

How did it work for you? Since this post is a few days old, I was curious. If it kept odor/dry control. also, did you work out with it on and what was that results?

It seems to neutralize the odor and even though I sweat I don't stink.
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options

It seems to neutralize the odor and even though I sweat I don't stink.
    Sounds like it's working.