• stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    If anything, celery is slightly sour.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    If anything, celery is slightly sour.

Agreed. I find celery more savory than sweet.

I guess I'm not like 'most women,' either. :)
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Maybe your parents should have taught you to not say anything if you don't have something helpful to say...
    wxm2xhydnnke.png

• Zella_11
    Zella_11 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    This thread makes my head hurt.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    LAC73167 wrote: »

ETA - I removed my remarks about the other poster. It was not being helpful which is exactly what I am asking from other people.

Sorry if I offended anyone. I was being bombarded with posts and I just sat and read every one = in order and my remarks were out of line.

L

Bravo OP!

By the way the first and second rules of internet debating are:
    1/ Never back down.
    2/ Never apologise.

:smiley:
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Anyone on this journey has reduced their sugar intake. I generally get around 50 mg. That's below my red line and I get there without adding sugar to anything.
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    momnom27 wrote: »
    I feel like sugar really is the culprit for most women. Our hormones go bonkers & we crave it. We get overweight, insulin resistant, depressed, and miserable! Once you are free from those constant cravings, it's like being reborn! My celery tastes sweet! Never been happier. Feels like I am finally eating to fuel my body. I don't care how fast or slow I lose, I just feel fantastic.

I'm assuming you meant PMS, when estrogen drops, or menopause when estrogen takes the escalator down. I craved sweets at those times. And those sweets were a big factor in my weight gain. Of course it was excess calories that caused me to gain weight, but my consumption of and desire for meat and vegetables didn't increase, only sweet treats. Some of them were decadently fatty, so my protein as a percentage of calorie intake probably plummeted. I have experienced reduced sugar cravings after a period of time where I've cut back drastically on sugar. Ditto for when I consume more protein. Conjecture on my part, but perhaps a change in gut bacteria play a role. In fact, I know it's heresy to speak of cleanses, but after my colonoscopy I was delighted to find a change in my desire for sugar. I had been putting a teaspoon of sugar in my coffee in the morning and after a while it was a mounded teaspoon, then two teaspoons and still wasn't as sweet as I'd like. The morning after the colonoscopy I went back to a level teaspoon and was surprised that it tasted wonderfully sweet. As to your overweight, insulin resistant, depressed, and miserable comment, I'm assuming you meant the increased possibility of spiralling downwards when you let your sugar consumption get out of hand. I experienced some of that, although luckily not the entire spiral dive.
  • Scaredycat2
    Scaredycat2 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    In my case, the culprit was shoveling too much food in to my mouth... yes, there was sugar, but also salty foods, fatty foods - all the foods! I'm now experimenting with lower sugar foods to see how/if it affects my energy levels and satiety. When I'm out for a long bike ride, though, I'll eat mostly sugary goodness :-)
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Serah87 wrote: »
    I wonder sometimes the lack of sugar makes some people really anger. Hhhmmm....

OP I lost 121 pounds eating sugary foods in moderation, I have now maintained for almost 20 months. I am perfect health, per my doctor and blood work, and also reverse my heart disease, which you all believe causes heart disease yet I beat it. ;)

IKR, have a snickers!