Dessert for breakfast?

Options
13»

Replies

• aloranger7708
    aloranger7708 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I read this in Prevention Magazine (July 2013 issue): "Having a small treat, such as a cookie, along with a high-protein, high-carbohydrate breakfast (think: eggs and whole wheat toast) helped participants stick to their diets better and lose more weight than a low-carb, low-calorie breakfast did, found a recent Israeli study. The reason: carbs and protein help keep you full, while a shot of sweet may quell later cravings for treats."

I actually started eating cookies with my morning coffee, and I don't have cravings at night anymore. And the cookies are delicious and only have 130 calories for 3 (they're just the generic store brand chocolate chip cookies). But yeah, the cookies themselves aren't filling, so you need something else for breakfast. The purpose for eating the sweets is to curb later cravings so you don't pig out at night; not to "fill you" or serve as breakfast on its own. It works for me, but it might not for others.
  • Valqis
    Valqis Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    One shouldn't have dessert any time. Maybe once a week...
    hmmm, I eat an ice cream cone or sandwich EVERY morning but Saturday and Sunday.... seems to be working for me....
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    ^^ Doesnt matter what time you eat it not gonna increase/decrease your metabolism.
    Exactly.
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I would think it's a personal thing. Heck, some coffee drinks from Starbucks probably have as much sugar as a piece of cake. If it fits into your calories, and it helps you, I say go for it. You may want to eat it WITH something, though, to keep you full longer, preferably something with protein.