1200 calories per day goal, who else?

LorrissaNicol
LorrissaNicol Posts: 10 Member
edited May 2016 in Getting Started
Hey everyone, I've been struggling with my weight from being 18 years old and have been up and down.. I'm now 24 and really need to sort it out..once and for all

I'm currently at my heaviest and been diagnosed with hypothyroidism. Just basically looking for support or anyone with a similar story to go through the journey together with. 1200 calories a day is my goal!

I have 5 stone to lose and it seems so daunting be doing it alone. Any tips would be great

Looking forward to meeting everyone

Replies

• marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    I usually do 1200+exercise calories; feel free to add me :)
  • leilaaitch
    leilaaitch Posts: 17 Member
    Have sent you a friend request, have 1200 goal and open diary, am 12lb towards 3st goal so far xx
  • Meadfamily4evr
    Meadfamily4evr Posts: 1 Member
    Same here
  • gennyelise
    gennyelise Posts: 2 Member
    I have the same 1200 calorie goal if anybody wants to add me!
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    jackspri wrote: »
    I've been doing 1200 for three weeks now. Its not that hard I just have to plan ahead. Feel free to add me
    Same with me, I sit down in the morning and review what I'm having for the day, log the calories and stick with it. If I have to make a change its no problem. This helps me stay consistant and makes it sustainable.

I'm not excersizing atm, so finding my appetite isn't stronger than my food planned.

• NatalieLJ
    NatalieLJ Posts: 158 Member
    I'm another 1200-a-day-er - I have a sedentary job and although i exercise 3 times a week and try to get more steps in daily I just don't seem to lose weight if I eat more than this. Not finding it too bad so far, just sticking to smaller portions and healthier versions of meals. I'm down 4kg and have about another 14kg to go. Feel free to add me :smile:
  • darthtrooper91
    darthtrooper91 Posts: 10 Member
    Me too! I've been eating 1200 cals per day since february and I've lost 8 kg so far, with 5 more to go. I also exercise 4-5 days a week, but I don't eat them back. I found that I'm not as hungry as I was before, and some days I kind of struggle to get to the 1200 cals, having to eat some nuts or other kind of calorie dense food just to get there.

Eating out with friends and family has changed as well: I mean, i DO still eat out from time to time, but when I do, I find it nearly impossible to finish what's put in front of me, whereas before I used to eat everything.

So, feel free to add me as a friend! :smiley:
  • LorrissaNicol
    Wow every one seems to be doing great and seems to be quite sustainable on the 1200 kcal a day! Gonna add u guys if that's OK? Would be great to get some Inspiration from ur diaries ❤
  • caitlinrn83
    caitlinrn83 Posts: 178 Member
    1200 seems daunting at first, but is entirely doable after a few days of sticking to it and figuring out how to be satisfied with what you're eating. Be honest with yourself and don't sweat the small stuff! You can do it!
    I'm right there with you-feel free to add me!
  • LorrissaNicol
    I did the 1200 kcal a day last year and lost 3 stone but I lost my confidence and hit a bad spot and gained it back unfortunately, was going through a rough time and my eating habits were the last thing on my mind (unfortunately I'm an emotional eater) but this time I am really struggling to find motivation because I feel my thyroid is setting me back because my medication isn't quite right yet. I know of I keep chugging along il get there in the end just can't give up.. 1200 is definitely doable with a little planning x
  • LorrissaNicol
    zara_2010 wrote: »
    This 1200 cal set by my fitness pal is unhealthy and so general. The brain and body systems need at least 900cals to function. Work out your TDEE (can google it or use the bodybuilding.com app which is free) to work out the right amount of calories, protein, carbs, fat etc for your and lifestyle. I lift weights, I'm 39, 5.6 and active. My cals come to 1667-1800 depending on wether I'm in recovery or working or lifting. If your fairly active and on a low cal diet the body actually stores fat to protect itself. My fitness pal suggests I take in (guess what) 1200 cals!!!
    As long as you make the right nutritional choices based on your daily needs, drink water, rest and get active 3-5 days a weeks you will lose the weight. And you will enjoy it more.

Hi zara
    My tdee is 2121 & BMR is 1844 but with experience, unfortunately my body seems to maintain/gain weight if I eat anything more than 1500kcal. It is very frustrating! I know eat between 1200/1500 and have only eat 'good carbs' and I have noticed a big difference just since last week, I find as long as I eat lean protein and plenty of veg my body thanks me :)
  • Uru_S
    Uru_S Posts: 6 Member
    Hi
    Just started on MFP again, feel free to add me...need the motivation :)