Fat Shaming in Disney Movies

Options
1235»

Replies

• incisron
    incisron Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    incisron wrote: »
    At first I thought Pocahontas was a movie about tolerance, till it got to the part where it said: "Come run the hidden pine trails of the forest / Come taste the sun sweet berries of the earth." Basically it's saying we have to run and get exercise and eat nothing but twigs and berries. .

I feel like Pocahontas is the *only* princess out there who gave you a clear fitness plan: eat only berries/trail run. You choose to reject it. That's on you.

Lmao ❤
  • MsLexii
    MsLexii Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    _John_ wrote: »
    i wish they had cast Danny Devito as Wolverine instead of huge jacked man. but they didn't. us short fat ugly guys have ZERO representation in Hollywood. its a sexist double standard.

Cfdxf0l.gif

dude...they got you covered...

The-Hunchback-of-Notre-Dame-the-hunchback-of-notre-dame-3575163-768-576.jpg

DYING :D:D:D
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    Technically she is period correct. Native American Indians weren't portly. I don't think I've ever seen a depiction of a fat one.
    Besides that isn't an issue limited to Disney. When I started watching BBC programming I was somewhat startled that all the main characters on their shows weren't beautiful.

That is just what us Brits look like mate. very high percentage of "lookers" ;)
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    Tresiel wrote: »
    going to assume this is a troll?

Pretty sure you are right, but still: A great thread.
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    Technically she is period correct. Native American Indians weren't portly . I don't think I've ever seen a depiction of a fat one.
    Besides that isn't an issue limited to Disney. When I started watching BBC programming I was somewhat startled that all the main characters on their shows weren't beautiful.

Native Americans still exist despite European colonizers' best efforts at exterminating them completely. They come in all shapes and sizes, just like white people. I love BBC shows! :)
  • ChxSurf782
    ChxSurf782 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Some of you need to figure out the difference in trolling and parody. This is pure genius.
  • incisron
    incisron Posts: 550 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Tsartele wrote: »
    Jayco141 wrote: »
    This is a strange discussion! And agree I hate that we are so PC these days. I am overweight, and I am ashamed. I am trying to do something about it, but pissed I got this way. WHO CARES.

Its sad that we are living in a society where no one is allowed to have an opinion without fear of offending someone. There are absolutes in this world and your just going to have to accept that. Our society as a whole has deemed overweight people as less attractive.. I tend to agree with that.. It sucks I know but I have been overweight myself. I understand that not everyone can be a supermodel but you can chose to live a healthy lifestyle. Will that help everyone no but it will help a great majority. Nowhere in our bill of rights are we guaranteed not to be offended .. at some point your going to have to suck it up and move on or do something to correct the problem.

Ok I have stated a firm opinion ... I hope this doesn't happen but someone will probably now label me a fat hatter or flag me for hate speech and I'll get dinged for this post.. please prove me wrong.

But then you could be in Disneys next "new and improved" version of Alice in Wonderland!