How To Satisfy A Pizza Craving

Options
124»

Replies

• Dannigreen31
    Dannigreen31 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I eat it then work it off the next day aha can't give up pizza, ever!
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Miss_Mabee wrote: »
    You are all my heroes! Okay here is a quick list of the ideas so far. Did I get everything?

Veggies as Crust:
    Cauliflower crust
    Zucchini Boats
    Portobello Pizzas
    Eggplant Pizza
    Mini pizzas with bell pepper as "crust"

Lighter Bread Crusts:
    Pitas
    Tortillas
    Flat Out Bread
    Homemade (thin) Crust
    English Muffins
    Half a lavash sheet

More Ideas:
    Baked chicken with pizza sauce and toppings
    Nachos with pizza toppings
    Pizza Quiche
    Meatza! (making a meat crust)

Just eat the dang pizza:
    Dominos
    Lean Cuisine
    Buy pre-made pizza cut into pieces and freeze in individual pieces (portion control)
    Eat it and work it off
    Load it up with veggies to fill up on less
    Eat with a big salad

I buy a thin pizza crust from a local grocery store, and it's pretty low in calories (175 calories for half I think). I top with garlic hummus (not lower cal than sauce, but super tasty), turkey italian sausage, bell peppers, kalamata olives, banana pepper slices, mushrooms, goat cheese, and mozzarella. Half a pizza clocks in at 700ish calories and 44g of protein. If I can't make that fit, I could easily do a smaller portion with a side salad to help fill me up.
  • Mentali
    Mentali Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Alidecker wrote: »
    I usually just eat pizza, but sometimes I can't fit it in, I make a roasted portabella mushroom pizza. Basically, you roast a portabella mushroom and top it like a pizza. I actually really like them and sometimes I crave them, not just regular pizza.

This is amazing! Do you roast it any special way? I love this idea.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    You are all my heroes! Okay here is a quick list of the ideas so far. Did I get everything?

Veggies as Crust:
    Cauliflower crust
    Zucchini Boats
    Portobello Pizzas
    Eggplant Pizza

Lighter Bread Crusts:
    Pitas
    Tortillas
    Flat Out Bread
    Homemade (thin) Crust
    English Muffins
    Half a lavash sheet

More Ideas:
    Pizza Quiche

Just eat the dang pizza:
    Dominos
    Lean Cuisine
    Buy pre-made pizza cut into pieces and freeze in individual pieces (portion control)
    Eat it and work it off
    Eat with a big salad

I buy a thin pizza crust from a local grocery store, and it's pretty low in calories (175 calories for half I think). I top with garlic hummus (not lower cal than sauce, but super tasty), turkey italian sausage, bell peppers, kalamata olives, banana pepper slices, mushrooms, goat cheese, and mozzarella. Half a pizza clocks in at 700ish calories and 44g of protein. If I can't make that fit, I could easily do a smaller portion with a side salad to help fill me up.

You bake it with the hummus? I've never had warm hummus, but I think I've seen some recipes that call for it. Sounds delicious!

OP one of my favorite homemade pizza recipes in summer time, when we make them on the grill is a store bought thin crust (readily available here as St. Louis style pizza is on a cracker thin crust) with pesto instead of tomato sauce (same as Auddii -not lower cal but I love the flavor), chicken sausage (any flavor), roasted red pepper, artichoke hearts, spinach, goat cheese and mozzerella.

I think my half pizza is also about 700 cals and we have pizza a couple times a month.
  • billglitch
    billglitch Posts: 538 Member
    Options
  • Miss_Mabee
    Miss_Mabee Posts: 119 Member
    Options
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    auddii wrote: »

Veggies as Crust:
    Cauliflower crust
    Zucchini Boats
    Portobello Pizzas
    Eggplant Pizza

Lighter Bread Crusts:
    Pitas
    Tortillas
    Flat Out Bread
    Homemade (thin) Crust
    English Muffins
    Half a lavash sheet

More Ideas:
    Pizza Quiche

Just eat the dang pizza:
    Dominos
    Lean Cuisine
    Eat it and work it off
    Eat with a big salad

You bake it with the hummus? I've never had warm hummus, but I think I've seen some recipes that call for it. Sounds delicious!

OP one of my favorite homemade pizza recipes in summer time, when we make them on the grill is a store bought thin crust (readily available here as St. Louis style pizza is on a cracker thin crust) with pesto instead of tomato sauce (same as Auddii -not lower cal but I love the flavor), chicken sausage (any flavor), roasted red pepper, artichoke hearts, spinach, goat cheese and mozzerella.

I think my half pizza is also about 700 cals and we have pizza a couple times a month.

Yup, the hummus gives it a great flavor. So good.
  • WindSparrow
    WindSparrow Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    One thing I like to do is get the pre-made thin crusts in whole grain, sautee a bunch of veggies - onion, zucchini, eggplant, tomato, mushrooms, carrots, celery, broccoli, cauliflower, whatever I have on hand - in a little olive oil and a lot of balsamic vinegar. Load the crust up with the veggies, sprinkle on some Tone's Pizza Seasoning, add some cheese, add some meat if I have some that will work, add banana peppers or olives if I have some, shove the whole thing in the oven, cook it longer than it says on the package for the crusts because that's just how thick the layer of veggies is, and eat it with a fork.

And then there's Pepperoni Pizza Salad. In a large bowl, for each person put 2 cups chopped Romaine lettuce (spinach also works), 2 tbs. lite zesty Italian dressing, 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese. Toss until dressing and cheese are evenly distributed. Divide up into individual bowls, top with 4-8 grape tomatoes and 17 slices turkey pepperoni.