How To Satisfy A Pizza Craving

Replies

• Miss_Mabee
    Miss_Mabee Posts: 119 Member
    edited May 2016
    mkakids wrote: »
    Ill occasionally eat pizza toppings on chicken breast, mushrooms, tortillas, cauliflower crust, etc...

YES! I forgot pizza baked chicken breasts. I used to love it and make it so often! In the crockpot or oven layer chicken breasts, then pizza sauce and mozza and oregano.
    "Hawaiian" toppings are really good for this :D
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    I eat two slices of pizza. Thankfully I guess I like it plain so it's not as calorie dense.

Otherwise, yeah, make your own. I've yet to find a crust recipe I really love though, so still working on that part...
  • robs_ready
    robs_ready Posts: 1,488 Member
    Miss_Mabee wrote: »
    Hey Everyone!

I love pizza and could literally eat it every single day. What are some healthy ways you get in your pizza fix?

Eat the damn pizza and hit the gym like it was your last day on earth, I'm not turning Down pizza goodness for nothing
  • Miss_Mabee
    dym123 wrote: »
    In all seriousness, what I do is buy one of those ready-to-bake pizzas (not frozen) Cut it into individual servings and freeze it. When I have a pizza crazing, I just put one or two servings in the oven. That way I'm not making a whole pizza. I buy cheese pizza, so that I can add my own toppings: sauteed onions, spinach, chicken, etc. Aldi's has the cheese pizza for $5 in my area.

Ummm, you are my hero right now! I do this with desserts all the time. Cut em up into individual servings and freeze them. Why haven't I been doing this with pizza? WHY?!?
  • Miss_Mabee
    I just found a recipe for pizza quiche! You could make it "lighter" by swapping out a couple full eggs for whites and getting low cal cheese if thats your thing. I think I would drizzle the pizza sauce on top

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/crustless-pizza-quiche
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    I usually have pizza night once a week, so I make sure to leave plenty of room for the calories. :smile:
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    I want pizza.

Right. F'n. Now.
  • JenHuedy
    JenHuedy Posts: 611 Member
    In all seriousness, what I do is buy one of those ready-to-bake pizzas (not frozen) Cut it into individual servings and freeze it. When I have a pizza crazing, I just put one or two servings in the oven. That way I'm not making a whole pizza. I buy cheese pizza, so that I can add my own toppings: sauteed onions, spinach, chicken, etc. Aldi's has the cheese pizza for $5 in my area.

Those Aldi Take & Bake pizzas are AWESOME and very reasonable in calories if you get the thin crust.
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    I pick up a Papa Murphy's thin crust veggie or Hawaiian pizza and eat as many slices as I can fit in for dinner. If you love pizza, there is no reason to not eat pizza once in a while. Just make room in your daily calories.

Quick fix: Hormel turkey pepperoni as a snack. Roughly 70 calories for 17 slices.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    My daughter does it like this: 1 small flour tortilla. Spaghetti sauce. Pepperoni. Mozzarella. Bake in a cake pan until the cheese melts. Satisfy pizza craving. Depending how you pile on the stuff, you can keep it under 200 calories.
  • Miss_Mabee
    I also make little pizzas with a split english muffin (100-140 calories) or a pita (150 calories). [/quote]

Yes! I love this! I've done the same on a piece of toast but I swear it tastes best on an english muffin
  • DrifterBear
    DrifterBear Posts: 265 Member
    We make pizza during the week with flat out wraps, ground turkey, cheese, sauce, sun dried tomatoes, and bell pepper.
  • sparklyglitterbomb
    sparklyglitterbomb Posts: 458 Member

I feel like a complete moron for not thinking of this! I do it with almost everything else, but like @Miss_Mabee pizza didn't occur to me.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    None pizza with left beef
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    as many others said. If i eat pizza I make it fit... if it doesn't fit I do something active. Sometimes I go over.
  • markswife1992
    markswife1992 Posts: 262 Member
    i ordered it for lunch yesterday and ate an entire medium by myself. i wish i knew the answer to your question.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    I always fit pizza in. I probably eat pizza at least once a week.
    I also like to play with low calorie recipes for fun; pizza sauce, cheese and pepperoni on a portabella mushroom cap isn't too bad.
  • cecsav1
    cecsav1 Posts: 714 Member
    Meatza! Use ground turkey, spice it up with Italian seasonings. Bake it flat in the bottom of a pan (your "crust"). Add veggies, pizza sauce or pasta sauce, and mozzarella cheese. Bake until cheese is melty. Yum!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,503 Member
    No meat and no cheese
    No cheese? Then not a pizza.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png