Any great shakes?

Options
2»

Replies

• lauraemily84
    lauraemily84 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    Honestly - people if you have nothing positive or supportive to say don't bother replying - OP only asked for advise ! I'm doing slim fast - but I'm dieting too! My friend is using protein shakes and gym work outs - USN from Holland and barrat uk it was recommended by her trainer x
    @lauraemily84

In what way is your comment positive or supportive?
    OP asked for advice, people gave advice.

You on the other hand addressed a mini rant directed at "people" and told a little anecdote about you and your friend.

Pot / kettle / black.

A tip for you: if you want to debate with, or identify who you are directing your comments to, then quote them or add their profile name. Otherwise it really does come across as a pointless rant.

I'm new on this forum I don't know how it works yet! Appologies if I said something wrong - I just read the first reply saying there's no such thing as a magic tablet or shake - I didn't read that the original post was changed - I felt sorry for OP as I thought she just wanted to know which shakes were good for working out ! I don't understand why I'm pot kettle black! I just answered to say my friend is using high protein shakes to help with her work outs - I am using slim fast as a calorie controlled diet to loose a few pounds. Sorry to anyone who was offended - I just thought the comment was unfair
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Look at your overall dietary intake.

Very few people really need to supplement for "gym workouts".
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    Honestly - people if you have nothing positive or supportive to say don't bother replying - OP only asked for advise ! I'm doing slim fast - but I'm dieting too! My friend is using protein shakes and gym work outs - USN from Holland and barrat uk it was recommended by her trainer x
    @lauraemily84

You on the other hand addressed a mini rant directed at "people" and told a little anecdote about you and your friend.

Pot / kettle / black.

A tip for you: if you want to debate with, or identify who you are directing your comments to, then quote them or add their profile name. Otherwise it really does come across as a pointless rant.

I'm new on this forum I don't know how it works yet! Appologies if I said something wrong - I just read the first reply saying there's no such thing as a magic tablet or shake - I didn't read that the original post was changed - I felt sorry for OP as I thought she just wanted to know which shakes were good for working out ! I don't understand why I'm pot kettle black! I just answered to say my friend is using high protein shakes to help with her work outs - I am using slim fast as a calorie controlled diet to loose a few pounds. Sorry to anyone who was offended - I just thought the comment was unfair

No problem.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options

If you like gingerbread, Oxygen magazine has a recipe for a delicious Gingerbread cookie shake: 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder, 1/2 scoop chocolate protein powder, 1/2 cup vanilla enriched Rice Dream, 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt, 1/2 tsp ginger, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1 T molasses, and ice cubes. Blend and drink ! Mmmmmm

I also like a Creamsicle, which is a cup of orange juice (I get the Healthy kids kind with extra calcium and vitamins), half a scoop of vanilla protein powder (I’ve been getting spirulina), and a lowfat or Greek vanilla (or plain or coffee) yogurt. Blend and drink.

The Key Lime Protein Shake is blended with the juice of a lime, 2 tsp lime zest, 1 scoop of vanilla whey protein powder, 1 T coconut, a cup of milk, and 1-2 packets of Stevia (optional).

The Chocolate Maple Shake is made by blending a cup of milk, 3 T protein powder, 1 T cocoa powder, and 1 tsp maple syrup

Last but not least, for a change, I blend a cup of orange juice (I get the Healthy kids kind with extra calcium and vitamins), half a scoop of chocolate protein powder (I’ve been getting spirulina), and a lowfat coffee yogurt. Also good!

• kissedbythesunshine
    kissedbythesunshine Posts: 416 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

• RachelEdwards1977
    RachelEdwards1977 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I use PhD diet whey. Comes in a variety of flavours. But i tend to go for the Belgian choc mixed with water & then sometimes add a banana, strawberries or peanut butter. I use it as a bfast meal replacement if I'm working an early...(who wants bfast at 6am??) And if I do an hr weights session or a hard spin class I'll have it post workout. There's so many protein shakes/drinks to choose from. I tried a few before I found PhD, I won't use anything else. Slim fast & juice plus didn't agree with me. Always search on line for a good price aswell. PhD is twice the price in Tesco compared to Amazon/eBay. Good luck xx
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Remember that what's important is your overall calorie intake. You could be negating your entire workout by downing a shake. Have some caffeine if you need a boost. I like amino energy, but I'm sure the effect (besides the caffeine) is mostly placebo. But, it only has 5 calories and I like the sweetness.

I see far too many people chugging a vitamin water on the treadmill, not realizing they need to RUN a mile or two just to burn that off.
  • rashel1
    rashel1 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Ha ha I did change the post cuz I thought it was confusing. I named it pills and potions as a joke and then noticed people didn't get it. So I really did just want to know about shakes, drinks, suppliments that help with working out and keeping energy. I never have used any and just did diet and exercise. Dipping my toe to see what people use, what works, if I should try any. @stealthHealth @sijomial @lauraemily84 sorry for confusion! ! Not trying to piss anyone off lol.

Thank you all for advice! !
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,212 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    @lauraemily84

Pot / kettle / black.

I posted the first reply, which I can't change now, but it was in response to the OPs original question that specifically asked for suggestions for ”pills and magic potions". Those were the words used. I didn't expect to have the question changed after I answered it. I wasn't trying to be rude or mean. It was an honest response to the original question.
  • lauraemily84
    lauraemily84 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    @lauraemily84

Pot / kettle / black.

I posted the first reply, which I can't change now, but it was in response to the OPs original question that specifically asked for suggestions for ”pills and magic potions". Those were the words used. I didn't expect to have the question changed after I answered it. I wasn't trying to be rude or mean. It was an honest response to the original question.

Sorry wynterbourne it was my mistake I didn't know it had been changed x
  • Gerbsxyng412
    Gerbsxyng412 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I have found a very nutritional one that my dr, trainer and obgyn were impressed with, I don't want to name drop so I will pm you.

The one you sell right? correct
    Yes tried it... not a very good product . If you are interested in a MLM just do research on what is the top 5 and talk to your dr. I eat better and still use health and wellness products and yes most folks say MLM is a scam, I an involved with a health and wellness company. I will not preach about it on here. I used to take 12 supplements/vitamins for my hair, skin, immune system, acne and now I take just 1 kind that covers it all plus some.

• Gabby2_2
    Gabby2_2 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Whey Protein Powder. Good shi*.