Do you count your salad?

Options
13»

Replies

• robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    srecupid wrote: »
    I just don't see the point in not logging it. I buy a bag of something green at the beginning of the week and i only have to scan the barcode once then it's in recents. I set my bowl on my food scale throw in my ingredients after zeroing out each time and right the number down. Then i spend 30 seconds logging it once i'm done eating. I don't just want to know about the calories i want to see if i'm hitting my nutrition goals as well. Not logging it is kind of being dishonest and myfitnesspal only works when you are honest with it

Yeah, that assumes you are buying all your produce already processed and bagged though. We don't do that. We buy lettuces, spinach, kale, other greens, tomatoes, onions, green peppers, red peppers, jicama, whatever, from grocery, or warehouse club or farmer's market and then use those things during the week. There is no way I am building a recipe by weighing all the produce and looking up the calorie counts for stuff that's immaterial to my days. If I am close, I might guess and log the estimate but otherwise, no. If I were trying to lose weight, I would probably build a recipe for "Standard Salad" with vegetables and then use that.

I do log beans, cheese, egg, dressing, anything more caloric added to a salad, though, as individual items, they aren't immaterial.