Krispy Kreme Challenge

Options

Replies

• BostonStrong617
    Options
    I could easily run 5 miles I could very easily eat a dozen Krispy Kreme but I can't imagine running after doing so! Even such a short distance I'm pretty sure I would puke. If it gave me a 30 minute window I could probably do it, but I am just super sensitive when it comes to running on a full stomach

I also can't begin to understand how someone can hate so much on eating donuts and then go on to say consuming the same amount of calories or close to it in other foods okay,

I mean beer? Really? Alcohol is like the definition of completely empty calories not to mention you'd feel a hell of a lot worse after consuming half a dozen calories worth of beer than then you would just eating 12 Krispy Kreme.

I mean to each his own opinion but one day won't derail all your efforts no matter what you eat...and I mean I don't drink but I used to drink A LOT and now I wonder why anyone would choose to waste their calories on something as pointless as alcohol, and as fad as food everyone has different tastes as to what the splurge on. Id take a dozen doubts or entire pie over pizza or nacho any day of the week
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I could easily run 5 miles I could very easily eat a dozen Krispy Kreme but I can't imagine running after doing so! Even such a short distance I'm pretty sure I would puke. If it gave me a 30 minute window I could probably do it, but I am just super sensitive when it comes to running on a full stomach

I also can't begin to understand how someone can hate so much on eating donuts and then go on to say consuming the same amount of calories or close to it in other foods okay,

I mean beer? Really? Alcohol is like the definition of completely empty calories not to mention you'd feel a hell of a lot worse after consuming half a dozen calories worth of beer than then you would just eating 12 Krispy Kreme.

I mean to each his own opinion but one day won't derail all your efforts no matter what you eat...and I mean I don't drink but I used to drink A LOT and now I wonder why anyone would choose to waste their calories on something as pointless as alcohol, and as fad as food everyone has different tastes as to what the splurge on. Id take a dozen doubts or entire pie over pizza or nacho any day of the week

Oh, there are many races with alcohol, but this is the unrivaled best, and the only marathon I actually want to run: http://www.marathondumedoc.com/index.php?view=article&id=66&tmpl=index_en
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    That's really close to me, but...I think if I ate a dozen donuts and then ran 2.5 miles, I'd throw up.
  • BostonStrong617
    Options
    (In reply to beach iron bc I'm technology illiterate and can't figure out how to quote just part of a post)

^ I used to play rugby which brings new meaning to the term boot and rally so I am no stranger to the effects of alcohol an exercise, although I can't imagine running half a mile after 2 beers let alone participating in something like that.

I mean I think you can afford to "cheat" with whatever you want westher it be pizza, donuts, alcohol, Chilli cheese fries...whatever... I like a good deal of high calorie foods and follow IFFYM with somewhat unintentional calorie cycling and if I want to eat something I normally do although I can imagine and eating or drinking challenge thst involves running because my digestive system just can't handle it

I guess my point was two fold 1. Ask anyone whose done an alcohol/run challenge and someone whose done a kirspy Kreme challenge or something similar I'm willing to bet the krispy Kreme challenge was easier, especially bc that donut is at least somewhat light compares to like ice cream or cheese...or beer haha, and 2. Taking strictly about eating 12 donuts (or an entire large pizza if you're a savory person) I'd think it would be FAR more enjoyable to eat food than drink beer but that's just my opinion if someone wants beer that's cool, like I said one 4000 calorie day won't kill a ya (a marathon that involves drinking jus might haha) but I just didnt get how someone could be so dead set against consuming 2000 calories worth of donuts but be totally for consuming the same amount in alcohol. Alcohol does a lot more damage than just calories too
  • BeachIron
    Options
    (In reply to beach iron bc I'm technology illiterate and can't figure out how to quote just part of a post)

^ I used to play rugby which brings new meaning to the term boot and rally so I am no stranger to the effects of alcohol an exercise, although I can't imagine running half a mile after 2 beers let alone participating in something like that.

I mean I think you can afford to "cheat" with whatever you want westher it be pizza, donuts, alcohol, Chilli cheese fries...whatever... I like a good deal of high calorie foods and follow IFFYM with somewhat unintentional calorie cycling and if I want to eat something I normally do although I can imagine and eating or drinking challenge thst involves running because my digestive system just can't handle it

I guess my point was two fold 1. Ask anyone whose done an alcohol/run challenge and someone whose done a kirspy Kreme challenge or something similar I'm willing to bet the krispy Kreme challenge was easier, especially bc that donut is at least somewhat light compares to like ice cream or cheese...or beer haha, and 2. Taking strictly about eating 12 donuts (or an entire large pizza if you're a savory person) I'd think it would be FAR more enjoyable to eat food than drink beer but that's just my opinion if someone wants beer that's cool, like I said one 4000 calorie day won't kill a ya (a marathon that involves drinking jus might haha) but I just didnt get how someone could be so dead set against consuming 2000 calories worth of donuts but be totally for consuming the same amount in alcohol

Meh, it's all in good fun buuuut, at risk of getting serious, I'm pretty sure you're right. Sugar is fuel, and alcohol tends to slow things down. I've eaten pounds of chocolate almonds, cinnamon buns, and other sugary concoctions on long hikes. That said, I've also run while drinking but it does tend to kill the buz.

Now enough of that serious talk! :drinker:
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Oh, there are many races with alcohol, but this is the unrivaled best, and the only marathon I actually want to run: http://www.marathondumedoc.com/index.php?view=article&id=66&tmpl=index_en

I would love to run that one day! Thanks for giving me something else to add to my bucket list
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    Clearly, a challenge is meant to be done once, not everyday. If you think you are somehow going to wake up fat from one day of overeating (if that is even overeating) then you are mistaken.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3c8BA5hXHBY

Probably burned 50cals max and ate a whole pizza. (it was only a bit over 1000cals though) Didn't even wake up fat!!!!???:huh:
  • j75j75
    j75j75 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Challenge Accepted :glasses: :glasses:
    43932452 Posts: 7,246 Member
    Options
    Presuming I were to do it, do I get choice donuts? lol
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    Options
    Presuming I were to do it, do I get choice donuts? lol

Sure! Many of us do not have a Krispy Kreme nearby. Just make sure you consume 2400 calories worth to comply with the intent of the challenge
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    Options
    Clearly, a challenge is meant to be done once, not everyday. If you think you are somehow going to wake up fat from one day of overeating (if that is even overeating) then you are mistaken.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3c8BA5hXHBY

Probably burned 50cals max and ate a whole pizza. (it was only a bit over 1000cals though) Didn't even wake up fat!!!!???:huh:

Nice video and awesome challenge!
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    I live near NCSU and it's a really neat event. Many do not eat the donuts or purge them on the run back. :wink:
  • TheSwoleMinister_deleted
    Options
    Yeah, I'm TOTALLY down to do this!!!
  • april27kelli
    april27kelli Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    There's a burger joint here in Atlanta that has a Krispy Kreme milkshake...I think I'd run at least 5 miles to have one of those again...
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    Options
    Rain or shine I will be attempting the challenge at a local 400m track this weekend!

60 minutes or less!
  • BeachIron
    Options
    Great! Do not post in donut threads after 10:00 p.m. where I don't have access!!!! :laugh:
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I'm not down for the donut challenge but if you ever want to do a beer mile, I'm in.
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    Options
    I'm not down for the donut challenge but if you ever want to do a beer mile, I'm in.

That is something I would like to do as well!

One thing at a time. Perhaps one day I will be able to do the doughnut and beer challenges concurrently!
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

That is something I would like to do as well!

One thing at a time. Perhaps one day I will be able to do the doughnut and beer challenges concurrently!

That is a seriously epic, pukeworthy goal.

My triathlon group does the beer mile every year. So far I haven't actually done the whole thing due to work commitments but I will. Its always funny to see doctors, police officers, teachers, lawyers and such competing in this event.

For those who may not be familiar
    http://www.beermile.com
  • ostrichagain
    ostrichagain Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    That's really close to me, but...I think if I ate a dozen donuts and then ran 2.5 miles, I'd throw up.

Indeed.