what can i add to my eggs?

Options
13»

Replies

• hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Oh no! No runny egg! Lol! Even scrambled gotta be cooked so hard they bounce! :wink:

If you ever live in Europe, or visit for an extended time, you would adapt.

They are not "runny", they are soft boiled and of course if you cook it yourself, the time it spends in the boiling water dictates how soft or how hard the egg turns out.

That being said, I like eggs of all types, but scrambled happens to be the worst form in terms of preserving the nutrients and antioxidants of the egg. Soft boiled and poached are the best nutrition bang for the buck with eggs. http://thepaleofix.com/7-ways-how-to-cook-eggs

Maybe the Europeans have it figured out with their civil and nutritional approach to eating a soft boiled egg at breakfast. B)

Lol, *I* wouldn't adapt. ;) hard eggs all around for me, no matter cooking style. Hey, if we all liked the same thing, we'd be boring!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Pickle them and see if you like that.
  • mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I just like adding herbs. Chervil is great with eggs. Dill and chives are good too....
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I posted a recipe for Crustless spinach quiche in the recipe section. It's so good. Try it out.
    What is the difference between a crustless quiche and a frittata?
  • Beautywalk
    Beautywalk Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I add an ounce or two of ham. Wellshire Farms Black Forest is fabulous (35 calories per ounce). With coffee and unsweetened almond creamer, my breakfast was 180 calories of filling yumminess.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I posted a recipe for Crustless spinach quiche in the recipe section. It's so good. Try it out.
    What is the difference between a crustless quiche and a frittata?

A frittata starts cooking the eggs on the stove and then goes into the oven to finish. A crustless quiche is cooked completely in the oven.