Weekly Weigh In Challenge for June

Options

Replies

• ElleMcQueen
    ElleMcQueen Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    My Favorite Quote:

Recently I was on a walk with my husband and I was complaining about how much I hate working out, I don't get that same high that he does after he works out. And he stopped, looked at me and said, Embrace The Suck"

I looked and him and said, "what?!"

Aparently it is a military saying:
    "Embrace the suck:"Translation: The situation is bad, so deal with it
    "Embrace the suck" isn't merely a wisecrack; it's a raw epigram based on encyclopedic experience. Face it, soldier. I've been there. This ain't easy. Now let's deal with it"

I love this!! Embrace the suck...I'm going to post this on my fridge

He actually ordered me a military patch with the saying on it for me. I haven't decided where I am going to put it yet, but it needs to be somewhere to remind me! odv02fr82m75.jpg
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,115 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Favorite Motivational quote...

Hmm, have many "favorite" quotes, here's one of the ones that I like...

"Success occurs when your dreams get bigger than your excuses"
  • ElleMcQueen
    Options
    Ive had really good weigh ins lately, but I am really nervous about mine tomorrow for some reason. Fingers crossed it goes well!
  • Maria_Fatima
    Maria_Fatima Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    My Favorite Quote:

Recently I was on a walk with my husband and I was complaining about how much I hate working out, I don't get that same high that he does after he works out. And he stopped, looked at me and said, Embrace The Suck"

I looked and him and said, "what?!"

Aparently it is a military saying:
    "Embrace the suck:"Translation: The situation is bad, so deal with it
    "Embrace the suck" isn't merely a wisecrack; it's a raw epigram based on encyclopedic experience. Face it, soldier. I've been there. This ain't easy. Now let's deal with it"

I love this!! Embrace the suck...I'm going to post this on my fridge

He actually ordered me a military patch with the saying on it for me. I haven't decided where I am going to put it yet, but it needs to be somewhere to remind me! odv02fr82m75.jpg

This is awesome! Embrace the suck.
  • sfalk1977
    sfalk1977 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    sfalk1977 wrote: »
    Name: Sarah

Starting Weight May 29th:15 St 1 lb (211lb)
    Goal Weight July 3rd:14 stone 3 (199 lb)

Weigh In Week

June 5: 210lb
    June 12:208lb
    June 19:
    June 26:
    July 3:

Total LBS lost this week:
    Total LBS lost this month:

Weekly Goals: goals for this week....1. stay on plan. I've planned my food for a whole week and want to stick to it. 2. Try to clock up 7500+ steps on my fitbit each day

Struggles:night shift worker, plantar fasciitis for two years. Now on crutches which reduces my ability to exercise.

Successes:drinking plenty of water, good at planning when I can be bothered!

• 1971_BeckyCM
    1971_BeckyCM Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Name:Becky

Starting Weight May 29th: 146.5
    Goal Weight July 3rd:145

Weigh In Week

June 5:149.4
    June 12:147.4
    June 19:
    June 26:
    July 3:

Total LBS lost this week:2 lbs
    Total LBS lost this month: still up .9

Weekly Goals: Just joining in this week, after today I want to have no soda the rest of the week, a huge challenge as sleeping has not gone well in our new place.

Struggles: just moved and it has not been a good move at all, still without a stove or microwave and work needing done on the kitchen.

Successes: I'm not sure there is a success in here for June at all. But I plan to turn that around.
  • vlhill11
    vlhill11 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join in,
    Name:Vicky
    Starting weight:16st13ib started 13/06/16
    Goal weight:13stone
    Weekly goal:eat less carbs eat clean and at sensible times
    Struggles: crisps, bread,savourys
  • Maria_Fatima
    Maria_Fatima Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Name:Becky

Starting Weight May 29th: 146.5
    Goal Weight July 3rd:145

Weigh In Week

June 5:149.4
    June 12:147.4
    June 19:
    June 26:
    July 3:

Total LBS lost this week:2 lbs
    Total LBS lost this month: still up .9

Weekly Goals: Just joining in this week, after today I want to have no soda the rest of the week, a huge challenge as sleeping has not gone well in our new place.

Struggles: just moved and it has not been a good move at all, still without a stove or microwave and work needing done on the kitchen.

Successes: I'm not sure there is a success in here for June at all. But I plan to turn that around.

Oh, I hope you adjust soon and make the required changes!
  • ccheiden
    ccheiden Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Favorite quote:

"Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Einstein
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,115 Member
    Options
    ccheiden wrote: »
    Favorite quote:

"Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Einstein

That's one of my other favorites!!
  • rollinskae
    rollinskae Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Favorite motivational quote?

Maybe not a quote but...
    REMEMBER WHY YOU STARTED!
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    Embrace the suck. Love it.
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Happy Hump Day!!

I hope you are all doing well so far..we have made it halfway through our workweek. We are still getting new people joining half way through the month and thats great! The more the merrier and I do hope this is helping you all. I know it helps me. I really enjoy reading your answers to the questions and celebrating your successes and being able to share our struggles! You are an awesome group of people!

Question for today....

Aside from anything fitness realated, what are some of your hobbies?
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    I like reading, when i get a chance to finally sit down to pick up a book without any interuptions. I also like watcing certian TV series which I save for my rest day and I can just watch them all one after another. I also enjoy playing my guitar and I love to sing. I karaoke here at home with my boys every weekend. (This does not mean I have a good singing voice lol)
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Hey everyone, as this is really working out for many of us I decided to make a group for a weight loss challenge where it will be easier to view our progress. if you are interesting in joining for the month of July please go to the following link and request to join. This will be for the month of July so if you join now please remember to come back to the group the last week of June with your starting weights.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/114605-kill-the-fat-monthly-weight-loss-challenge
  • sfalk1977
    Options
    I like to read and get through 3 books a week generally, reading has alway been a passion for me as far back as I can remember. I love to go for long walks with the dog but unfortunately I've torn my plantar fascia and the dog is 14 years old next month (labrador) and doesn't like to go so far any more. I also like to swim (also can't do this at the moment due to my Foot) and usually swim 3-5 times a week. I love to spend time with friends, especially over a cup of coffee to have a good natter and catch up on what's been going on with each of us over the week.
  • sfalk1977
    Options
    sfalk1977 wrote: »
    I like to read and get through 3 books a week generally, reading has alway been a passion for me as far back as I can remember. I love to go for long walks with the dog but unfortunately I've torn my plantar fascia and the dog is 14 years old next month (labrador) and doesn't like to go so far any more. I also like to swim (also can't do this at the moment due to my Foot) and usually swim 3-5 times a week. I love to spend time with friends, especially over a cup of coffee to have a good natter and catch up on what's been going on with each of us over the week.

I don't really count walking and swimming as fitness related as I don't do it for that purpose....its my stress release more than anything else.
  • ElleMcQueen
    Options
    Name: Leslie (feel free to friend me, I'm new and need motivation!!!!)

Starting Weight May 29th: 316.8
    Goal Weight July 3rd: 305.8

Weigh In Week

June 8: 309
    June 15: 309
    June 22:
    June 29:
    July 3:

Total LBS lost this week: 0
    Total LBS lost this month: 7.8

Weekly Goals: Ive been trying to do 30 min of moving a day, going to up it to 35, and to not go crazy with food sunday at Fathers Day.

Struggles: Well, I am really hoping I am retaining water. I worked really hard this week and didn't loose anything!

Successes: Staying under calorie goal and not giving in to temptation
  • Shelle33
    Shelle33 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Favourite motivational quote(s)?

Not weight loss specific, but just some quotes that have stuck with me.

"Honey, your odds go up when you file an application." - Win a Date with Tad Hamilton (Yes, it's a traditional chick flick, but it has really lasted in my mind. Lots of quotable quotes and some hard truths.)

"80 percent of life is showing up." - Woody Allen (I thought of this when battling through my agoraphobia, and still do when I'm really anxious. It helps me actually go do the things that need to be done.)