How many days a week is it safe to...

Options
124»

Replies

• ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Take one week of just stretching, yoga, walking or other light activities. Your body needs to recover after months without a break.

I do this here and there.. take a short break from lifting to recover. I try to take a day of rest each week. I may do something fun like go swimming at the pool/waterpark or skating or something active but don't really plan a gym trip that day.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options

I'm sorry, 10-15lbs isn't exactly strength training, more like weighted cardio.

SO patronizing......I use anything from 10 - 40 lbs dumbells working different muscles - if you don't know what someone is doing, don't be mean - it shows your ignorance.....
  • MichelleLea122
    MichelleLea122 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    astrampe wrote: »

I'm sorry, 10-15lbs isn't exactly strength training, more like weighted cardio.

SO patronizing......I use anything from 10 - 40 lbs dumbells working different muscles - if you don't know what someone is doing, don't be mean - it shows your ignorance.....

Go back and read my second post, I wasn't criticizing her in the slightest and actually provided the solution (poor posture) to her problem. If anyone's ignorance is showing here, it's yours.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    wilsoncl6 wrote: »
    You switch to intermediate programs once you stop consistently progressing in programs like strong lifts. It is not about being able to lift a specific weight so yes, you will become an intermediate one day :)

Thanks for the vote of confidence but wow. Looks pretty tough!

Aren't workouts supposed to be tough? Isn't pushing your body what makes you stronger and what gets you in better shape?

This is true, but often people don't want to push themselves. The same people are also often looking for the magic pill or piece of easy infomercial exercise equipment to give them the body of their dreams.

Not going to happen without pushing and doing the work.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Packerjohn wrote: »
    wilsoncl6 wrote: »
    You switch to intermediate programs once you stop consistently progressing in programs like strong lifts. It is not about being able to lift a specific weight so yes, you will become an intermediate one day :)

Thanks for the vote of confidence but wow. Looks pretty tough!

Aren't workouts supposed to be tough? Isn't pushing your body what makes you stronger and what gets you in better shape?

This is true, but often people don't want to push themselves. The same people are also often looking for the magic pill or piece of easy infomercial exercise equipment to give them the body of their dreams.

Not going to happen without pushing and doing the work.

So much truth.