Find smarter friends :p
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    It just... Won't... Die!
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Your friends have no idea what they are talking about... cutting calories is literally the ONLY way to lose weight. Well technically having a caloric deficit is- so that technically can be done with exercise but it's much easier to do with controlling calories consumed. Ignore your friends, you know what works!

For your friends information I worked out like crazy and ate clean & healthy & mostly vegetarian for 9 months and lost NO WEIGHT... I started counting calories and lost almost 20 pounds in 4 months (and counting).
  • isabellapanzica9387
    Options
    Just keep up with CICO and they will stop once you prove them wrong. I seriously don't understand why people don't believe in CICO since they believe in working out and or eating healthier helps lose weight. The only difference is that we use numbers to track how much we burn when working out and how much we eat. So where is the disconnect?
  • courtneyfabulous
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Just keep up with CICO and they will stop once you prove them wrong. I seriously don't understand why people don't believe in CICO since they believe in working out and or eating healthier helps lose weight. The only difference is that we use numbers to track how much we burn when working out and how much we eat. So where is the disconnect?

Right? They are just attempting to create a caloric deficit with various methods of eating and/or exercise but are basically flying blind. We are creating a caloric deficit by actually keeping track of our caloric intake & expenditure. It's basically the same thing but 100 times more accurate and effective.
  • djwar9858
    djwar9858 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    My vegan sister is thin because she busts her butt at the gym each day. My vegan daughter is overweight because she only eats carbs...do what's right for you. I like the person who said- lose 20 lbs...then show them what worked... for YOU.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
  • courtneyfabulous
    Options
    zombie-thread.jpg

Oh didn't even realize this was a zombie thread!! I wonder if OP lost weight or gave into her friends?
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,947 Member
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Jof, look at you, look at them. Case closed!

Weird bump is weird.

I've been away from the MFP forums for a very long time. Only checked today as we're snowed in with the Great Blizzard of 2017. Scroll back to see what I missed in this thread...and find this.

Way to keep it weird, MFP. :+1:

Shouldn't you be shoveling? :p