Katla - so glad you have got that sorted. :D

And Cheri!!!!!! ***** Yeah!

Got to dash! Yoga. :D<3

Heather.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,789 Member
    Options
    morning ladies~
    well got 9 hrs of sleep and boy did I need it...yesterday was just a crazy day at work, it was extractions and crown and bridge preps and very very tiring..
    I got my 300.00 credit card from UTC Good health incentives.. and I stashed it away.. Tom started getting nasty saying that I use mine for stupid stuff and he uses his for bills and stuff, I was tired and didnt want to hear it, so I gave in and gave it to him so he would shut up about it..I will not try for one next year if this is going to happen..
    working 9-6 today so will,go take a shower ,make my lunch, Toms dinner and lunch,and take the dogs for a walk..
  • mikesmom1983
    mikesmom1983 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Allison...Tom is such a bully. My heart goes out to you.

Chris in MA
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Joyce If Charlie was in the hospital and you were his ostomy nurse, how would you go about things? Perhaps you would apply the bag to the skin near the belly button first so you had control of that problem area right away, or you would lay out your supplies in a certain order to better accomplish your goal, or pack the belly wound first...I am NOT an ostomy nurse, but you are, and I'll bet my crowns you are a damned good one!! It is really hard to take care of your loved one's wounds, especially when they can't or won't take any responsibility for it. I know from packing my son's pilonidal cyst wound and caring for it when it got infected that when it involves your family it unnerves you. And that was small potatoes compared to what you do. Don't bite your new dental appliance in half. Pretend you are seeing a patient in the hospital. YOU GOT THIS!!!

I love you.

Alison I used to do stuff like that when I was married to my first husband Rick who is now a good friend of mine, believe it or not. When he was engaged to be married again he asked me how I used to handle situations like that in our marriage...a dynamic he had not previously even acknowledged...I told him I learned to give in and shut up. Then I asked him why he wanted to talk about this now, when it was too late...and he said, "because SHE won't shut up about it, and I guess if 2 women are telling me the same thing, maybe it's me and not the 2 women." I almost fell over.

Karen in Rainy Virginia
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    :)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,677 Member
    Options
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,974 Member
    Options
    :'(Rori, I am so disappointed that I'll be in Seattle and on the Olympic Peninsula at the time you'll be here and won't get to see you. I hope someone else will find a way to meet up with you. I have your phone number in case some time opens up.

:)Cheri, your house looks great. We have downsized and cleared clutter on several different moves and it was a very satisfying and spiritual experience.

:)Alison, I'm sorry to hear that you let Tom bully you into turning that money over to him. You are a smart woman and would have used the money wisely.

:) We are packed except for the last minute stuff. We'll leave for Seattle after dropping the pets off at their boarding places. We'll feel safer getting there earlier in the day so we can settle in and be in bed early to get up early for Jake's 5:30 AM check in for his surgery tomorrow.

<3 Barbie from beautiful NW Washington
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
    Barbie Jake's surgery date snuck up on me! Safe travels, thinking of you and sending thoughts for a successful procedure and excellent recovery to Jake.

K
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,789 Member
    Options
    Barbie~ safe travels to you and Jake.. will keep Jake in my prayer's for successful surgery and recovery and you for peace on the drive to and from the hospital.. Love ya lots....
    My brother bought me a moose bird house for my birthday.. its adorable, dont know if I will be allowed to hang it on a tree here though :(
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! Happy Tuesday! I have been good so far by getting in my morning walks with my early bird girl. I have been trying to ride my bike and do a trail hike each night. Not sure if I am up to it for today. We will see how my day pans out. Woke up with sore feet. Maybe just a ride and skip the hike??
    Yea! Cheri- congrats on the signing of papers! Job and home! I am curious, it seems that homes in Texas and perhaps the entire Western U.S. don't have basements. Are basements more of a midwestern thing? Why no basements in the region where tornadoes, twisters, etc are so prevalent? I guess I will throw that question out there for all of you Texans!
    Barbie- Thinking of you and sending best wishes/prayers for a safe trip, successful surgery and complete recovery for Jake. Peace to you both!
    Well, my other kiddos are beginning to arrive; but I wanted to share an article with you by the Grand River Times. GRT is a local satirical online newspaper. They have written really funny articles that many residents, not knowing that they are satirical, have gotten up in arms about such as our local (but very popular) pizza parlor being bought out by Pizza Hut or another local beach hot spot, Pronto Pups (a little two man snack shack since the 1950's) being relocated from it's prominent spot on the boardwalk to the middle of a beach in Muskegon, by a derecho that hit the area recently. Anyway, Grand Haven is a very "white bread" kind of town. Very conservative, not much ethnic diversity, 3/4 of the local businesses are either churches or banks...that said, this latest article created quite the firestorm! We have a bed and breakfast here, that has been around since the 50's or earlier. It is called Kardomah Lodge. Apparently they are under new management! :D;)>:) Enjoy! http://grandrivertimes.net/kama-sutra-lodge-grand-haven/
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Perhaps some of our travelers would like to visit GH and stay in this lodge? Heather, Penny...any takers?
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
    Giggle!
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    KJ, a lot of the homes in Oklahoma and Texas do not have basements but are built on a slab. This is because the clay ground is very hard to dig. I found when I lived down there that a lot of people assume the attitude "it won't happen to me" and don't worry about the lack of appropriate shelter. Some chose to have a tornado shelter dug in their yard, but they are very few. Some of the nicer newer homes have a reinforced room, often in the garage, for a tornado shelter. My nephew lives in the OK City area, and is looking for a new home. The potential ones he shared did not have tornado shelters but for one. When you start getting up in to Kansas, where the ground is not so hard, basements are standard. Also New Mexico and Arizona don't have basements but they don't get the tornadoes so it isn't so bad.
  • Anamika703
    Anamika703 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Hello Barbie and all the rest here!
    Nice to see so many friends old and new. Good to be back. I have gained a few kilos not keeping track of my meals, change in thyroid prescription n doses although i kept active. Moral of the story, count your calories, watch what you eat.
    So long
    Anamika from Mumbai
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,085 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Alison you earned it not Tom, and it was yours to spend anyway you wanted. He learned if he badgers you enough he is $300 richer. He will do it again.

Anamika it is good to see you again.

:heart: Margaret
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,331 Member
    Options
    KJ - LOVE it!

Barbie - I am holding positive thoughts for the op and the driving. <3

My friends have just gone home after lunch. We showed all our photos to each other and had a good chat. <3 Food supplied by the supermarket, but delicious and slimming. My friend brought flapjacks but I only had a half of one. We are out at a restaurant this evening. :* I am going to get on my bike.

DH is home from the cricket because of the rain. He is making me a cup of tea. <3

Love to all, Heather with a bad back.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Barbie: I'm thinking about you and Jake, and praying for an excellent outcome from surgery and an easy recovery for Jake. :heart: Going into the hospital today so that you'll be there and rested first thing tomorrow is a very good idea. Everything that reduces stress is helpful toward a good outcome. :flowerforyou:

Marecelynh: I'm sorry you are in pain while waiting for surgery. Do a good job on the PT exercises, and I hope they work very well. :flowerforyou:

jeanmcrae2014: Welcome to a great group of supportive women. :flowerforyou:

csofled: Congratulations on the signings! A new job for DH, a new home, and a new adventure for you both! Good for you! :star: I'm looking at the picture of the barn and wonder, what does "Gig 'Em" mean? :huh: The house looks great. :smiley:

Joyce: I hope you have an easy time getting used to your new dentures. You have a great attitude. :flowerforyou: I'm sorry you're having frustrations with the ostomy bags. Perhaps Charlie's surgeon's office can get you both some training. (((HUGS)))

Rori: I hope you enjoy your trip to Washington and get to connect with people there. :star:

KJLamore: I wondered how old Xaviera Hollendar is these days, so I googled it. She's 73. I expected her to be older than that. Funny article. :laugh:

Anamika from Mumbai: Welcome back! I have wondered how you're doing. It is good to see you here. :flowerforyou:

I had a nice chat with DD yesterday. Her DH is now employed as a union carpenter in Illinois. The company offers great benefits so if he sticks with it they'll have an adequate income and good health insurance. Yay!!! The health insurance part of the equation kicks in after he's been there a few months.

Today I'm planning to clean house. We're awash in dog hair right now. I love my Keeshond but now and then I wish he had poodle hair because it doesn't shed all over the place.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

Tibetan proverb: "The secret to living well and long is: Eat half, walk double, laugh triple and love without measure..."

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison
  • pipcd34
    Options
    morning peeps -

jmkmomm - you are doing awesome, he is lucky to have you.

grandmallie - I'm sorry but I think you know what I'm thinking about your husband {{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}

• pipcd34
    Options
    I've moved up to 5th place. I think I will end up staying there. the next person above me has 742 miles, I'm not going for that. i'll be lucky if I get to 700
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,974 Member
    Options
    :)KJ, that's a funny article

:)Anamika, I am happy to see you posting with us again

:)Joyce, good luck with your new dentures....yesterday I saw a sign for an ostomy support group in our little town...is there something like that where you are?

569147nmlfkdnzlz.gif Pip, to us, you are the #1 bike rider (biker?????)

1056287i3zmwzup2m.gif the dogs and I walked 13,000 steps this morning....Jake is delivering Bernie to his plush boarding facility...thank you all for your kind wishes...we'll just be putting one foot in front of the other for the next few days.