WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2016

Options

Replies

• GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    The posting ghost has snatched it away again. Mmmmm - silence!
  • ljdw99
    ljdw99 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I'm on an iPad Air & I'm losing every post I type except the first line or two! Looks like the UK is leaving the EU yikes!!! It's going to be bumpy ride economically not what DH & I need now that we are pretty much retired & rely on our investments doing well.
  • ljdw99
    ljdw99 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    IT POSTED YEAH!
    GLo on the North Shore of Ma
  • SSC1958
    SSC1958 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Rita: What a great way to celebrate success! I love the idea of a charm for every 5 lbs.

Charlene: We might have to give you a new nickame..(Elmer Fudd comes to mind)
    1115678a09g7cfqyb.gif

Meg: I've been having major issues with MFP too...I think it is all the videos that are running all the time. Very frustrating!

Allison: I always double any estimate I make and it usually comes out pretty close. So ask for at least $500.00 :)

I've been on this journey since Jan 2015 and I have had major difficulty in losing weight even though I weighed and measured and planned meals and ate at home. In fact even though I've maintained a 1200 cal intake and have increased by activity by at least 200%, I've managed to gain 10 lbs in the last year. I've mentioned the difficulty to my doctor, dietitian and they assure me that I'm doing all the right things my blood tests are good etc. Needless to say I'm rather discouraged. At any rate I saw this poster about sleep apnea in my Dr's office and looking at the symptoms I asked her if she thought this could be the problem. She referred me for testing and I got the results back yesterday. Lo and behold I have a moderate form of sleep apnea. After I get back from holidays I will be fitted for a CPAP machine...I'm sure hoping this will make a difference in my weight loss.

Carey - N Alberta
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Michelle, you will enjoy the last episode of Person of interest. There were so many things about that show that I just couldn't understand, mentally and physically. Reeves spoke so softly it was hard to hear him sometimes. I guess in New York City it is common to see everyone go around talking to themselves into their blue tooth phones. We don't see it as much here in our smaller city. And I like that.

Did I mention I had another ostomy bag fail with Charlie today. Ii was changing his dressing at 6 and I have begun checking every time I change it. Sure enough. His poor skin. But I think he dislikes the idea of changing it it himself that even though I am doing a bad job of it, he would rather it be a bad job by me than him doing it at all. So I will call the ostomy nurse tomorrow for help. Plus this is making us run out of the free sample bags real quick.

Joyce, Indiana
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,785 Member
    Options
    morning all~
    Carey~ there is no way on Gods green earth he would give me that kind of money. I will ask for 200.00 and a check for 100.00 for wedding gift...I do have a secret stash of money I will be taking with me ,so he doesn't know about that...
    Joyce~ sorry your having such a hard time with Charlies Ostomy bag, hopefully the nurse can get it figured out..
    I am having quite a bot of pain in my kidneys,but don't think I have a UTI or Kidney infection.. will see how it is over the weekend...
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    My thoughts are occupied with the UK today.

I doubt most of our friends across the pond even slept last night.

A gentle good morning to all of you.

Sending you perfectly brewed tea and a receptive listening ear.

I know we don't talk politics on this forum so any of you who wish to talk about it may PM me (and I am certain many others) to speak your minds.

I am very interested in knowing the effect the results of this referendum will have on all of you.

Karen in Virginia
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,329 Member
    Options
    I have read all the posts. Love you all.
    Too depressed to be coherent - EU result.
    Next door grinding paving stones, our painter electric sanding windows. Noise galore.
    Visitors arriving this evening.
    Karen - it's a waitrose.com recipe. Walnut and chocolate brownies.
    Sorry. Just utterly miserable.
    Heather in the crazy UK
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Think it was Marcelyn said all us Texans and soon to be Texans could meet up in College Station with Cheri-soon-to-be-in-Texas-but still in Ohio now... Sure, why not? It's only a six and a half hour drive. :D Love Texas.
  • KetoneKaren
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Heather
    The UK and the EU are exhibiting such dignity and grace in this tumultuous time.

After a time, if you close your eyes and calm your soul, perhaps you can let go of some of the misery. This group of women are standing by to sop it up and dispose of it for you. You did everything in your power to get the outcome you wanted...letting go of the outcome is the hard part.

I am so sorry the noise next door is amplifying the cacophany already jangling your being.

The waitrose.com site is fantastic. I have already taken a peek at the numerous recipes of all kinds, they are brilliant.

Karen in Virginia
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,672 Member
    Options
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
    NYKaren

Gosh too bad your mother-in-law came through for you like that. Must've doubly irked your husband to have her do it so predictably AND to lose the bet. :#

You must be feeling so tender about your graduate. My only child graduated from HS in 1994. :)

I am an introvert and feel anxious about hostessing also. I empathize fully with you. Like you, I usually pull it off despite myself, and then feel pride & relief afterwards. I so get that.

I am trying to incorporate more vegan food into my diet, do you or anyone else have favorite sources for recipes?

Karen in Virginia
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    karen sheepish to say I splurged and went to whole foods for all the samosas and vegan appetizers.
    I couldn't be a vegan, love cheese and eggs too much! NYKAREN
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
    NYKaren I love Whole Foods! I would do the same. I love cheese & eggs too... :)
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    Think it was Marcelyn said all us Texans and soon to be Texans could meet up in College Station with Cheri-soon-to-be-in-Texas-but still in Ohio now... Sure, why not? It's only a six and a half hour drive. :D Love Texas.

:)<3
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    I have read all the posts. Love you all.
    Too depressed to be coherent - EU result.
    Next door grinding paving stones, our painter electric sanding windows. Noise galore.
    Visitors arriving this evening.
    Karen - it's a waitrose.com recipe. Walnut and chocolate brownies.
    Sorry. Just utterly miserable.
    Heather in the crazy UK

:(
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    kevrit wrote: »
    Good morning all! Still getting my head around the changes I'm facing. I'll be ok. I have a plan. Right now trying to decide if I should go back and get my doctorate or another masters in education. I want to substitute teach and maybe teach at a local college.

Still walking about 10k steps a day and logging, so a positive there! 25 pounds down from my highest! I now have 5 charms on my bracelet. One for every 5 pounds. Helps me keep focused on my goal and how far I've come.

Rita from CT

You can do this, keep your goals in focus.

Lillian in West Central Saskatchewan
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Heather ~ Sorry you are feeling upset. I am very sure that there will be lots of unrest here in the US next Fall despite who wins the election.

NY Karen ~ So glad your DD's graduation went off well and that your entertaining ended up being a positive experience. I feel exactly the same way when I am expecting company. The house is NEVER clean enough. Why do I expect for guests to look for dust balls???? LOL

Lisa ~ Hope your DH's needs are met by his boss. I would not like being away from my DH several times each week.

Our renters are supposedly moving out of the house today so am not looking forward to the work ahead. I wanted to hire the team that mows our lawn to go over and clean up the yard but DH is too stingy to spend the money. :(

Carol
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,934 Member
    Options
    Marcelynh wrote: »
    The main dish is Hairy Bikers.
    Heather UK

Do I dare ask?

My question too? I really hope it is not a big man on a motorcycle!