Unwanted attention

Options
13»

Replies

• chimaerandi
    chimaerandi Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Yeah, honestly the one downside I've experienced from losing weight is extra male attention. It's pretty normal, especially if you aren't accustomed to it, to feel unease about it, and especially the cultural idea that we're supposed to be flattered by it and if we aren't we're *kittens* or whatever the filter here would change that to.
  • Tisa76
    Tisa76 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    OP - It's great that you brought this topic up. I think there are many women, and men for that matter, that can relate to what you've experienced. Myself included. Our histories are similar. But for me, it's when someone looks at me in disgust because I'm a bigger woman that triggers the more anxiety than someone giving me a casual glance or smile because they think I'm attractive. As long as it's they aren't leering or making obscene comments, I'm generally ok. Keep your head up and remember that you got healthy for YOU and you didn't let your past keep you from reaching your goal! That's something to be so proud of!
  • DarrellHodgeLog
    DarrellHodgeLog Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    As a man, I can't say that the extra attention brothers me. What I find strange and uncomfortable are the women who have been friends only and now flirt. It's really odd.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!