Random: Peanut butter before bed to help with weight loss??

Options
124»

Replies

• sky_northern
    sky_northern Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I feel like the only person in the world who loathes peanuts, peanut butter... :neutral:
    ladyreva78 wrote: »
    I feel like the only person in the world who loathes peanuts, peanut butter... :neutral:

You're not. Which makes me question my sanity for having read a thread only about the merits of peanut butter... :confused:
    In for also loathing peanut butter and also wondering why I'm reading this thread...
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    737jac737 wrote: »
    No. Peanut butter is terrible. Have a casein protein shake.

No its not. Some people are allergic to casien.

Some people are also allergic to peanut butter! Peanut butter may be terrible depending on what your goals are. Let's just start by saying if your peanut butter has added sugar, it's terrible. If it doesn't, you're on the right track. However, it's important to note that peanuts are a legume and have similar properties of beans, meaning they're inflammatory. That really has nothing to do with fat loss, but more to do with water retention, swelling, and soreness. If you're eating to perform it's best to avoid any peanut products as the result will be more soreness and swelling after intense workouts. In all honesty, you're better off eating an alternative nut butter such as almond or cashew butter.

Basically nothing you just said is based in reality.

Except the first two sentences.

That's actually why I said "basically nothing" instead of just "nothing."
  • JaneSnowe
    JaneSnowe Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    I love peanut butter...but for the last 3 months I have developed an allergy and break out in hives when I have any....boohoo! totally sucks :/

Have you tried other but butters? Almond butter tastes pretty similar.

I am strongly opposed to the consumption of butt butters.

I hear they taste like *kitten*.
  • Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    I've never heard that one before. I have heard of having cottage cheese a little before bed because of its slow release protein (casein). Some people that I know would mix the peanut butter in with the cottage cheese. I used to do that but I haven't in a long time.
  • Wicked_Seraph
    Wicked_Seraph Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    ladyreva78 wrote: »

You're not. Which makes me question my sanity for having read a thread only about the merits of peanut butter... :confused:

Right??? Guilty as charged :lol:
  • jakefitzgerald93
    jakefitzgerald93 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter what time you eat it :) it's a good fat to have, it's tasty too
  • mankars
    mankars Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    There are no supporting facts to it... calorie is a calorie, doesn't matter where it comes from. But, there are empty calories (sodas, sugar candy..etc.) & nutrition laden ones that are beneficial to you.

All the best... btw, peanut butter is my fav too.