Replies

• jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,789 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday! Make it a great one B)
  • jm216
    Options
    This week I've seem to hit a rut. I go up.2 and down .2, but I won't let it discourage me! I'm mowing the grass after work, and that always gets me moving back in the right direction.
    How are you doing?
  • jm216
    Options
    I think I need a lunch nap!
  • louisepaul16
    louisepaul16 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    jm216 wrote: »
    This week I've seem to hit a rut. I go up.2 and down .2, but I won't let it discourage me! I'm mowing the grass after work, and that always gets me moving back in the right direction.
    How are you doing?

Me too. Urgh. I have had the same half pound now for a week and a bit, it's gone on, come off, gone on again. It's so annoying as I KNOW I'm under my calories so don't understand why. I will keep going as I know eventually my body is going to kick start itself again, and I'll be there, waiting!! I stick to between 1400-1600 calories a day generally, I'll have some days I'm under, like today. But it's very very rare I'm over 1600 calories. So it's impossible I am gaining, and being still technically obese I know that I cannot be maintaining actually. Haha.
  • jm216
    Options
    Same here... Technically obese, and definitely NOT trying to maintain. :#
  • jm216
    Options
    Happy Friday!
    I'm out of my rut and down 1.4 pounds today :)
    Feeling fantastic today!!!!

Stay strong my friends <3 Slow and steady wins this lifelong race.

Jill
  • louisepaul16
    louisepaul16 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Well done! That's great.
  • monih10
    monih10 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    It's so normal to "fall off the wagon". There are many other factors in weight loss other than calories in and out, like stress level, sleep quality, nutrient deficiencies and quantity and types of food you're consuming. obstacles pop up and throw us off completely, but that's life.

I have a group for positive support and weight loss/lifestyle tips beyond calories and food, so if you'd like a friendly and motivating space to enjoy the journey of losing weight, join in!

What group is this, Kate? I'd like to join! :)
  • sammday5
    sammday5 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I fell off the wagon and am now ready to get back on come on ladies we can do this weighing scales back out and am ready to do this
  • jm216
    Options
    sammday5 wrote: »
    I fell off the wagon and am now ready to get back on come on ladies we can do this weighing scales back out and am ready to do this

Welcome! Together everyone achieves more....or weighs less.... :)
  • JenApril1993
    JenApril1993 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

My name's Jen and three years ago the summer after Sophomore year and Junior Year I lost 26lbs getting to 138lbs. In the last year I've graduated college and moved to Dubai. In the last nine months I've put on 18lbs. It's making me feel sick. All to do with eating out way more than I do at home and I've become a major chocaholic. I'd like to make friends here that are in the same situation. :)
  • jm216
    Options
    Hi everyone!

My name's Jen and three years ago the summer after Sophomore year and Junior Year I lost 26lbs getting to 138lbs. In the last year I've graduated college and moved to Dubai. In the last nine months I've put on 18lbs. It's making me feel sick. All to do with eating out way more than I do at home and I've become a major chocaholic. I'd like to make friends here that are in the same situation. :)

Welcome Jen!
    We welcome you to the wagon. :D That just sounds funny. Anyway, you've gained some back, but now you're back on track.
  • jm216
    Options
    Today I was way over my calories, even though I mowed the grass. Too much ice cream! Can't dwell on it too much..,, just keep in moderation next time.
  • jm216
    Options
    Confession time. I have been barely hanging onto the wagon since Friday, and the scale is creeping up. My only saving grace is that I've been logging my food. Wow! I have eaten junk this whole weekend Yikes! Time move onward and upward. I've got my lunch packed for tomorrow, and I'm ready to pull myself together.

How was your day/ weekend?
  • ElJefePerron
    ElJefePerron Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Mini goals:
    More fruit and veggies
    Walk Roxie around the block 3x per day
    Log all food
    Stay within calorie goals

Day 1....hit all of them! Feeling proud of myself.
    What are your mini goals?

Roxie says thanks and loves you for it!
  • Jeyradan
    Jeyradan Posts: 164 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Joining in if you'll have me! I like supporting and being supported, and this thread has such a friendly tone I'd really like to be a part of it.

I've been on a plateau for a month and a half and my partner, who's doing this with me, recently got his calorie allowance bumped up by his doctor. With him eating nearly double what I can in a day (after counting in exercise calories), it's been hard to enforce my own limits and occasionally sadness or resentment creep in. (It's even tougher on "event" days, when I often don't control what food is available, but still need to eat!)

Mini goals:
    - stay in deficit every day I don't have an event*
    - stay in overall deficit each week (by making up for "event" days on other days)
    - try to figure out which macros keep me most satisfied for longest

Freebies:
    - log all food every day (slightly obsessive, so I always do anyway)
    - at least 30 minutes of exercise every day (something I already do at least six days a week)
    - try to figure out which macros are my trouble areas (giveaway; it's going to be carbs)

*This is my mini-goal for this week. If all of my mini-goals go well, I'd like to set an actual calorie number in future weeks for exactly how much deficit I want to maintain, but the thought of choosing one now is mildly anxiety-inducing.
    So that I can hold myself accountable, I'm also going to say I think I might like to place a number limit on treats per day in future weeks. (Not that I necessarily have any at all most days, but if I can stick to the other things, I'd like to add that in as a defined goal as well.)
  • jm216
    Options
    Jeyradan wrote: »
    Joining in if you'll have me! I like supporting and being supported, and this thread has such a friendly tone I'd really like to be a part of it.

I've been on a plateau for a month and a half and my partner, who's doing this with me, recently got his calorie allowance bumped up by his doctor. With him eating nearly double what I can in a day (after counting in exercise calories), it's been hard to enforce my own limits and occasionally sadness or resentment creep in. (It's even tougher on "event" days, when I often don't control what food is available, but still need to eat!)

Mini goals:
    - stay in deficit every day I don't have an event*
    - stay in overall deficit each week (by making up for "event" days on other days)
    - try to figure out which macros keep me most satisfied for longest

Freebies:
    - log all food every day (slightly obsessive, so I always do anyway)
    - at least 30 minutes of exercise every day (something I already do at least six days a week)
    - try to figure out which macros are my trouble areas (giveaway; it's going to be carbs)

*This is my mini-goal for this week. If all of my mini-goals go well, I'd like to set an actual calorie number in future weeks for exactly how much deficit I want to maintain, but the thought of choosing one now is mildly anxiety-inducing.
    So that I can hold myself accountable, I'm also going to say I think I might like to place a number limit on treats per day in future weeks. (Not that I necessarily have any at all most days, but if I can stick to the other things, I'd like to add that in as a defined goal as well.)

Welcome Jeyradan,

We're happy to have you here!
  • jm216
    Options
    Mini goals:
    More fruit and veggies
    Walk Roxie around the block 3x per day
    Log all food
    Stay within calorie goals

Day 1....hit all of them! Feeling proud of myself.
    What are your mini goals?

Roxie says thanks and loves you for it!

Thanks Eljeffe!

Dogs are the best exercise buddies. They never say no to a good walk.

Jill
  • jm216
    Options
    Getting it back together today feels so much better than yesterday. Mind over mindless eating!
  • jm216
    Options
    Still over my calories...