I feel so bad for eating Toblerone

Options
124»

Replies

• vczK2t
    vczK2t Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Make it fit into your calories if you don't want to live without it forever. I eat chocolate and treat all the time and still lose.

The problem is that once I have a piece I will litrally eat the whole bar!! And then want more, i will try to limit myself to once a week perhaps? thanks hun xx

but you only ate 2 pieces, right? so, you ARE learning a new behavior. you DIDN'T eat the whole bar.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    polly1970 wrote: »
    Why did I google "Jaffa Cakes"?

Because the mfp message boards are a bad influence.

:)
    The only reason I ever tried talenti was because of it!

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I buy the mini ones at the counter of the grocery store and don't log them. And don't feel bad.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »

Bet you don't regret that decision...
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    CooCooPuff wrote: »

Bet you don't regret that decision...
    Those evil MFP sugar devils have corrupted me :disappointed:>:)

• CindyFooWho
    CindyFooWho Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone and their advice, I didn't mean to upset anyone with my post sorry I think im just a bit emotional at the moment

Chocolate deprivation will do that to you ;) I eat chocolate Every. Single. Day. One square of really dark, really high-quality chocolate. 50 calories or so. It's nothing.
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I enjoy a Jaffa Cake, haven't had any in ages though.

My current daily treat of choice is a Galaxy caramel cake bar. 150 calories of delicious.

You can get regular candy bar sized Toblerones but really, who is down for that? Airport sized or go home!

But in all seriousness, east the foods you like. If you have to "reward" yourself for eating a salad with chocolate then I feel like this isn't going to be easy for you long term. It is a learning curve at first but honestly, eat what you want within your calories and don;t assign emotions to food. It is all fuel (and FYI, fat is not evil either, it's actual an essential dietary requirement).

Heck yeah!

Got my sis-in-law and family coming over for a visit next month. Apparently my darling niece has already put a load of Cadbury's Buttons in her suitcase for me. I love that girl!

Sorry, America; I love living here, but your chocolate just doesn't cut it.
  • skmk_85
    skmk_85 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    That's a very skewed perspective! Did anyone (including yourself) get hurt?

You "slipped up" - it won't be the last time in your life.

Maybe complete deprivation isn't the way? Work it into your calories and enjoy as a treat would be an alternative strategy.
    please don't criticise me, you don't know me, I'm just struggling with a craving and wanted some advice, i know its not the end of the world it's just chocolate! !!!, thanks

xxx

With all due respect, I don't think sijomial was being critical; just trying to put things in perspective.
  • vczK2t
    vczK2t Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Ok, nevermind about the jaffa cakes. I took a closer look and I'm not down with citrus flavored jelly. Maybe I should hit up Trader Joe's for a toblerone. :)

get me some too. LOL
  • skmk_85
    skmk_85 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    rml_16 wrote: »
    sijomial wrote: »
    That's a very skewed perspective! Did anyone (including yourself) get hurt?

You "slipped up" - it won't be the last time in your life.

Maybe complete deprivation isn't the way? Work it into your calories and enjoy as a treat would be an alternative strategy.
    please don't criticise me, you don't know me, I'm just struggling with a craving and wanted some advice, i know its not the end of the world it's just chocolate! !!!, thanks

xxx

Oh, honey, first -- stop ending all your posts with kisses to strangers because that's creepy.

Second, I think you could use some therapy. No one criticized you. You overreacted spectacularly to eating a couple pieces of chocolate and now you're overreacting spectacularly to some excellent and actually gentle advice about your original overreaction.

I completely agree with your second point, but please don't tell people not to put kisses or smileys or whatever in their messages. People communicate in different ways and a virtual 'x' isn't necessarily a real kiss, but just signifies affection for some. Nothing wrong with that. To be honest, I don't like it when strangers call me 'honey' - I find it condescending, but I accept people have different ways of communicating.

I'm just saying this because clearly the OP is quite sensitive and defensive and I don't think criticising the way she communicates is helpful on any level.
  • indiacaitlin
    indiacaitlin Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Don't start feeling guilty every time you slip up - it'll create an unhealthy relationship with food. You're not any less of a person or bad for eating some chocolate :smile:

It's really hard and kind of unhealthy to cut out all chocolate and bad food - make it fit, use your calories wisely. Let yourself have a treat and then the cravings won't be half as bad - you always want something more if you're telling yourself you can't have it!

You're doing great, just be positive.
  • 2hitmeup
    2hitmeup Posts: 1 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Any suggestions??

Are you getting sugar from another source? Sugar acts like a drug. There is a high, there is a come down and there are physical withdrawals.

Since so many calories come from sugar, many of our initial cuts come from sugary items. The cravings may be a physical response to a massive drop in sugar intake and not just a mental thing. It's why we often feel so bad in the beginning. You may want to reduce your intake slower.

We all have those foods, though, I can go "ham" on some Kashi Oatmeal Dark Chocolate Cookies. It's even worse since they are supposed to be "healthy." But that is different from when I binge on peanut butter with a spoon. In that case I simply may not have enough fat in my diet.

My advice for someone new. Just focus on logging. Don't make value judgments on the foods at this point. Just log.

Focus on a accurate log of everything you consume.

You will eventually have to make a decision though. On whether you want to continue on this journey. Diet implies temporary. Thinking that is a reason the vast majority of people gain everything back. Continuing on this journey means, you will never eat how you used to. forever.

You don't have to give up Chocolate. (Some chocolate is actually good for you). But you will have to give up something else in its place.

The only reason I don't eat Mcdonald's french fries often is because they don't make me full. (not enough protein or fiber). But i don't exclude them. They are delicious, I just get a small when I do. I do exclude sodas though and that's forever.

Whatever you decision going forward, I wish you happiness and good fortune.
  • FionaPlum
    FionaPlum Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    The last time I tried losing weight (few years ago) was by going to one of these NHS free courses where they weigh you, give advice, give rules for weight loss and even give exercise sessions in the weekly slot. It was full of older ladies who couldn't exercise much so I didn't quite fit in when it came to exercising and I wasn't doing as well as the old ladies in the weight loss as they were able to eat lettuce all day and I was always hungry due to breastfeeding and disturbed nights. Really wasn't the right time for me to seriously try and lose weight. Anyway the lady running it told us about the time she had bought a stack of Easter eggs and had them hidden in her wardrobe for Easter but she couldn't take the temptation and scoffed the lot and described it so well it conjured up visions in my head. Feeling a bit deprived of anything sweet or calorific for a couple of weeks and breast feeding at the time so always hungry I succumbed to the same fate. Visions of this situation played over in my head and eventually I went to my own secret stash of Easter eggs bought in preparation for Easter and scoffed the lot too. I fell off the wagon big style and also left the weight loss sessions in disgust. I couldn't believe I was capable of doing anything like that and was very disappointed with myself as you can imagine.

This time round I'm having chocolate as an allotted snack in the day so that won't happen again. I rarely have chocolate usually but when I crave it I really want a piece. I have some SlimFast ones that taste like Mars Bars and Snickers bars, gorgeous and under 100 calories. I'm actually feeling quite treated on my diet. Maybe you could have one of those every other day?
  • sylkates
    sylkates Posts: 173 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    I would feel bad as well as it's chocolate of terrible quality with far too much sugar and too little cocoa powder *ducks*

LOL... 70% or bust... this stuff is absolute heaven if you can find it. Their 56% is pretty good, too.
    60m754ffor0j.jpg