What kind of diet are you on??

Options

Replies

• Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    I'm on a combination of CICO and LCHF. Exercise is also part of this WOE for me. I'll never go back to eating carbs in excess due to insulin resistance, and the exercise makes me feel so good mentally and physically. I'm losing massive inches as well as pounds, so I know it's working.
  • hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    This is the 2nd post about slim fast you have started.

Hate to say, but you're not gonna get a lot of folks on here praising them. Like I said to you earlier, we like food. ;)

Diets don't work, because you can't diet your whole life. It'd all about proper calories and macros and nutrients, and learning to use portion control to eat all the foods you normally do.

I got off track and I am back here to get on track. But last time, I lost about 35 pounds. I ate fast food about 3-4 times a week. I had chocolate, ice cream, chips, alcohol, fried chicken, etc. Because I weighed all my food and ate at a deficit.
  • tlflag1620
    tlflag1620 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I eat LCHF but I don't regard it as a "diet" at this point (been eating this way for nearly three years). Slim fast never really "did it for me" in the past. I simply don't find those shakes filling enough to get me through from one meal replacement to the next. I find if I keep my carbs relatively low (50-80 g per day) and focu on getting enough fat and protein, I spontaneously eat a lot less. Congrats on your results!
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    OODone wrote: »
    About a year ago, I started doing a Whole Foods Plant Based (WFPB) diet, I also keep it low fat. I like potatoes, oats, rice, beans, lentils, pasta, corn, lots of fruits and veggies, sugar, almond milk, a few nuts and seeds. Occasionally bread or cereal. Once or twice a week, I'll have some sweets like ice cream, chocolate and biscuits. I started at 152 lbs and now maintaining at 117 lbs.

Just wondering why low fat? Fat is very essential, so I never quite understand why anyone would go low fat.

Fat has more calories than carbs or protein, so if it's about losing weight some people find it easier to take in fewer calories if they eat less fatty foods. That's pretty much the only reason I ever cut fat out of my diet. I couldn't tell you what Traveler120's reasons are tough.
    Thanks for answering.
    The only reason I ask is fat is essential to many body functions such as digestion, hormone regulation, keeping hair skin and nails moisturized, absorption for fat soluble vitamins such as A D E and K, provide many essential fatty acids, nerve and brain function. I am sure there are more reasons as to why fat is extremely essential.
  • RW7724
    RW7724 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to eat healthier as much as possible. I wanna do more veggies, fruits, proteins..etc. I won't deny myself if I do want chocolate or something not as healthy. I'm logging EVERYTHING, good and bad. Holding myself accountable is my first step to reaching my goals and not gaining the wt back.
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    RW7724 wrote: »
    I'm trying to eat healthier as much as possible. I wanna do more veggies, fruits, proteins..etc. I won't deny myself if I do want chocolate or something not as healthy. I'm logging EVERYTHING, good and bad. Holding myself accountable is my first step to reaching my goals and not gaining the wt back.

You are rockin' it.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Tonica0720 wrote: »
    How is that working or for you?? I am on a diet because I find that it works better for me and I lose weight faster eating healthier.

Well, I lost 55 pounds with the plan I described. But I'm glad you found what's working for you. :drinker:

I've done the same and lost 121 pounds and now been maintaining for almost 2 years now.
  • Colt1835
    Colt1835 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    About a year ago, I started doing a Whole Foods Plant Based (WFPB) diet, I also keep it low fat. I like potatoes, oats, rice, beans, lentils, pasta, corn, lots of fruits and veggies, sugar, almond milk, a few nuts and seeds. Occasionally bread or cereal. Once or twice a week, I'll have some sweets like ice cream, chocolate and biscuits. I started at 152 lbs and now maintaining at 117 lbs.

Just wondering why low fat? Fat is very essential, so I never quite understand why anyone would go low fat.

Fat has more calories than carbs or protein, so if it's about losing weight some people find it easier to take in fewer calories if they eat less fatty foods. That's pretty much the only reason I ever cut fat out of my diet. I couldn't tell you what Traveler120's reasons are tough.
    Thanks for answering.
    The only reason I ask is fat is essential to many body functions such as digestion, hormone regulation, keeping hair skin and nails moisturized, absorption for fat soluble vitamins such as A D E and K, provide many essential fatty acids, nerve and brain function. I am sure there are more reasons as to why fat is extremely essential.

Yeah you don't want to cut fat too low. You are very right about that.
  • newheavensearth
    newheavensearth Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I don't diet. I've changed my eating habits over the course of several years and includes planned exercise and increased movement, like more walking and stair climbing, throughout my day. I've lost 70 lbs and want to lose 10 to 15 more. I started out on Weight Watchers and moved on to here. I still attend meetings as a free Lifetime member at goal weight, because they do teach useful habits. I just don't like their new program.

Food wise, I buy and cook healthy foods my whole family can enjoy and benefit from. I weigh and measure my portions, and log what I eat as best I can. Lots of fruits, veggies, low or nonfat dairy, lean meat, vegetarian meat substitutes, low sugar and whole grain breads, carbs, and cereals.

For treats and fast food I order steamed or grilled instead of fried, a kid's meal, or the smallest size available. Treats are less than 200 calories. Treats= chips, desserts, candy. Snacks= healthy stuff that fill in nutritional needs like fruit, yogurt, veggies

This works for me!
  • shrcpr
    shrcpr Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    My way of eating involves cooking as little as humanly possible. I eat mostly packaged food - protein shakes, bars, greek yogurt, and daily treats like a couple pieces dark chocolate, fiber one bars, etc. The main exception is that I cook 3 eggs with 42 grams bacon bits pretty much every morning. And, sometimes I go out to eat and that's when I like to get some grilled fish or a steak. Can I keep this up for life? yes. I gained weight drinking too much alcohol and that's still a struggle but I get along just fine with meal replacements most of the time. It all depends on what's going to work long-term for you.
  • Tonica0720
    Tonica0720 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    darlswife wrote: »
    I'm on a combination of CICO and LCHF. Exercise is also part of this WOE for me. I'll never go back to eating carbs in excess due to insulin resistance, and the exercise makes me feel so good mentally and physically. I'm losing massive inches as well as pounds, so I know it's working.

How is that working out for you? Because I am also on a low carb diet I find that I lose weight faster by eating a lot less bad carbs.
  • Tonica0720
    Options
    Can someone tell me how to directly respond to a post? I'm am not quite sure how to work the discussion bored all the way yet.

Hit the blue button that says "Quote".

Thanks
  • Tonica0720
    Options
    emmylootwo wrote: »
    I'm on the eat whatever the hell I want diet as long as it fits in my calorie goal and/or weekly deficit. Some days that entails eating the more traditional "healthy foods" like veggies, lean meats, dairy, and grains because they keep me satisfied. Some days I eat only fast food and chocolate ice cream. Most days it's a mixture of both. Works for me. I lost over 100 pounds doing this in the past, and while I went through some unfortunate events that led to me to start losing in an unhealthy way and gaining back everything, now that I'm back to CICO the weight is coming off again. 20 pounds in 40 days. On vacation now eating lots of yummy foods and cocktails and not worrying because I know when I get back home CICO will work. It's not a gamble, not a "diet."

What is the CICO diet if you don't mind me asking? Soundso like something I would be interested in doing.
  • Tonica0720
    Options
    Yes I do most of the time I just add bananas or strawberries. It gives it a better taste. But I don't weigh any of the food I eat.

So, when you've reached your weight loss goal and are done with the Slimfast Diet, what then? What will you have learned from the Slimfast Diet that will enable you to keep the weight off for good? Will you do the shakes forever? If not, how will you know what quantity of food to eat so you can maintain your weight loss?

When I'm done with the shakes I will eat different foods to keep the weight off. Because currently I alternate between shakes or meal prepped food. So Its not that I don't know how to eat healthy or meal prep sometimes shakes are just convenient for me and less calories.
  • Tonica0720
    Options
    Adiemus200 wrote: »
    I alternate between counting callories and slimming world.The reason why I swap between the two is sometimes I find counting calories emotionally taxing, I get anxiety and sometimes life gets on top of me. When I'm very anxious diets are another worry so I swich to slimming world when I want to take the pressure off. I dont have to be as riged with logging things on SW. When I feel okay I swich back to callorie counting because slimming world can be restrictive and i get better results with callorie counting. So far both plans have been working for me.

The slimming world sounds like a good idea. Can you tell me a little more about it?? Or message it to me? Thanks
  • Tonica0720
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    Hi everyone I have been using slim fast shakes for a while. And I was wondering if anyone else out there had tried them or what kind of diet are you on that's working for you?? Just curious

I am on the ELMM diet.

If you don't mind me asking what does ELMM stand for?
  • Tonica0720
    Options

That is great congratulations
  • Tonica0720
    Options
    This is the 2nd post about slim fast you have started.

Hate to say, but you're not gonna get a lot of folks on here praising them. Like I said to you earlier, we like food. ;)

Diets don't work, because you can't diet your whole life. It'd all about proper calories and macros and nutrients, and learning to use portion control to eat all the foods you normally do.

I got off track and I am back here to get on track. But last time, I lost about 35 pounds. I ate fast food about 3-4 times a week. I had chocolate, ice cream, chips, alcohol, fried chicken, etc. Because I weighed all my food and ate at a deficit.

It wasn't really about people praising them. I wanted to know if any other people were using them. I know how to meal prep my food and ect. I just choose to use meal replacement shakes because they are convenient.
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    emmylootwo wrote: »
    I'm on the eat whatever the hell I want diet as long as it fits in my calorie goal and/or weekly deficit. Some days that entails eating the more traditional "healthy foods" like veggies, lean meats, dairy, and grains because they keep me satisfied. Some days I eat only fast food and chocolate ice cream. Most days it's a mixture of both. Works for me. I lost over 100 pounds doing this in the past, and while I went through some unfortunate events that led to me to start losing in an unhealthy way and gaining back everything, now that I'm back to CICO the weight is coming off again. 20 pounds in 40 days. On vacation now eating lots of yummy foods and cocktails and not worrying because I know when I get back home CICO will work. It's not a gamble, not a "diet."

What is the CICO diet if you don't mind me asking? Soundso like something I would be interested in doing.

CICO just stands for 'calories in, calories out'. Aka, burning more calories than you eat. Staying under your calorie allowance, etc. It's how weight loss works. How you achieve calories out being more than calories in is up to you - as long as you're under calories, you'll lose weight (but don't forget that nutrition is important, too!)
  • Tonica0720
    Options
    shrcpr wrote: »
    My way of eating involves cooking as little as humanly possible. I eat mostly packaged food - protein shakes, bars, greek yogurt, and daily treats like a couple pieces dark chocolate, fiber one bars, etc. The main exception is that I cook 3 eggs with 42 grams bacon bits pretty much every morning. And, sometimes I go out to eat and that's when I like to get some grilled fish or a steak. Can I keep this up for life? yes. I gained weight drinking too much alcohol and that's still a struggle but I get along just fine with meal replacements most of the time. It all depends on what's going to work long-term for you.

Thank you for your positive feedback.