What kind of diet are you on??

Options

Replies

• MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Tonica0720 wrote: »
    darlswife wrote: »
    I'm on a combination of CICO and LCHF. Exercise is also part of this WOE for me. I'll never go back to eating carbs in excess due to insulin resistance, and the exercise makes me feel so good mentally and physically. I'm losing massive inches as well as pounds, so I know it's working.

How is that working out for you? Because I am also on a low carb diet I find that I lose weight faster by eating a lot less bad carbs.

You don't lose fat quicker, though. You may lose weight quicker doing low carb, but that's water weight. Weight loss is all about calories. If low carb helps you stay under calories, then go for it. Some find it keeps them more satisfied, others don't.
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Yes I do most of the time I just add bananas or strawberries. It gives it a better taste. But I don't weigh any of the food I eat.

So, when you've reached your weight loss goal and are done with the Slimfast Diet, what then? What will you have learned from the Slimfast Diet that will enable you to keep the weight off for good? Will you do the shakes forever? If not, how will you know what quantity of food to eat so you can maintain your weight loss?

When I'm done with the shakes I will eat different foods to keep the weight off. Because currently I alternate between shakes or meal prepped food. So Its not that I don't know how to eat healthy or meal prep sometimes shakes are just convenient for me and less calories.

Oh. So you will eat different foods and that will keep the weight off. Gotcha.

Just out of curiosity, what are these foods? Can you eat them in unlimited quantities?
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    Hi everyone I have been using slim fast shakes for a while. And I was wondering if anyone else out there had tried them or what kind of diet are you on that's working for you?? Just curious

I am on the ELMM diet.

If you don't mind me asking what does ELMM stand for?

Eat Less Move More?
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    I'm on a combination of CICO and LCHF. Exercise is also part of this WOE for me. I'll never go back to eating carbs in excess due to insulin resistance, and the exercise makes me feel so good mentally and physically. I'm losing massive inches as well as pounds, so I know it's working.

How is that working out for you? Because I am also on a low carb diet I find that I lose weight faster by eating a lot less bad carbs.

It's working well. I'm losing steadily in both pounds and inches. I eat at 1270 calories and about 50g carbs. I also exercise 6 days a week, primarily cardio, but I've started using some weights in the last month. I've lost 22 pounds and 25 inches overall, but I didn't start measuring inches right away so it's probably more. I'd like to lose another 30, which will take another year, but the inches flying off make up for the pounds going slow.
  • Tonica0720
    Tonica0720 Posts: 73 Member
    Options

It's working well. I'm losing steadily in both pounds and inches. I eat at 1270 calories and about 50g carbs. I also exercise 6 days a week, primarily cardio, but I've started using some weights in the last month. I've lost 22 pounds and 25 inches overall, but I didn't start measuring inches right away so it's probably more. I'd like to lose another 30, which will take another year, but the inches flying off make up for the pounds going slow.

Omg that is great maybe I can switch to your diet. Would you mind if I add you to see the kind of foods you eat also??
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    I use the eat-anything-you-want-but-stay-within-your-calories diet.

+1

• Tonica0720
    Options
    Yes I do most of the time I just add bananas or strawberries. It gives it a better taste. But I don't weigh any of the food I eat.

So, when you've reached your weight loss goal and are done with the Slimfast Diet, what then? What will you have learned from the Slimfast Diet that will enable you to keep the weight off for good? Will you do the shakes forever? If not, how will you know what quantity of food to eat so you can maintain your weight loss?

When I'm done with the shakes I will eat different foods to keep the weight off. Because currently I alternate between shakes or meal prepped food. So Its not that I don't know how to eat healthy or meal prep sometimes shakes are just convenient for me and less calories.

Just out of curiosity, what are these foods? Can you eat them in unlimited quantities?

Yes when I'm not having a shake I eat thinks like fruits, veggies, only chicken.
  • AuroraGeorge8393
    AuroraGeorge8393 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'm not really on a diet. I tried several over the years. Low fat, low carb, very low calorie, you name it, and quickly learned that dieting doesn't work for me. I switched to the basic Calories In, Calories Out diet. So far, it's working.

I try to eat healthy foods and make sure I get enough protein, fruit and veg, but apart from that, I eat what I want. I use a Fitbit to calculate how many calories I burn each day, and as long as I stay within my allotted budget, I'm able to eat the foods I like. Just not as much of them as I once did. >:)

Over the last year, logging and weighing my food, I've learned a great deal about portion control and what an appropriate portion or serving size actually looks like. It's been very helpful.
  • hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    Options

There is nothing you can eat in unlimited quantities. (Despite what weight watchers tells you)
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever I want, as long as I meet my calorie and protein goals. I throw a multivitamin into the mix just as protection against any deficiencies. Beyond that, I work out to achieve my fitness goals.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    I am on the ELMM diet.
    If you don't mind me asking what does ELMM stand for?
    Eat Less Move More?

Exactly. It is a fancier way of saying CI<CO.

In reality, there is nothing I don't eat. I have a limited calorie budget each day and it is up to me to spend those calories the smartest way I can, while still taking pleasure in my food. I limit high calorie foods to occasional treats, but I do have that cake, ice cream (I am in Wisconsin so it really is frozen custard more than ice cream), etc. The bulk of my food is nutritionally dense foods that fit in with my macro percentages. I also aim for exercise every day, and I eat back most of the extra calories I earn.
  • booksandchocolate12
    Options

Yes when I'm not having a shake I eat thinks like fruits, veggies, only chicken.

So, in what quantities? Unlimited?

I'm trying to make a point here, but am hoping you'll get there on your own....
  • booksandchocolate12
    edited June 2016
    Options
    @hollyrayburn, where'd you find that? Thanks for helping me make my point. OP doesn't seem to be getting it, though.
  • AuroraGeorge8393
    AuroraGeorge8393 Posts: 100 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Exactly. This is why programs like weight watchers never worked for me. Everything has a caloric value. Fruit, in particular, can actually be quite high in calories. It all depends on what type of fruit you are eating. Chicken can also have quite a few calories if you leave the skin/fat on.

If you eat anything in enough quantity, and are burning fewer calories than you are consuming, you will gain weight.
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

Agreed.

I think it's possible the OP, like some people, feel like they need to eliminate foods or do something "special" to lose weight. In the end, it's always CICO, no matter what method one uses to get there. (Barring very specific health issues) You and I would agree that this is a very important lesson to learn early on so that the weight will stay off.

To the OP--lots of people eliminate foods or get into a strict regime and lose weight. Some keep it off by sticking to that. Many others do not. There are no magical foods. There are no magical methods. There are many routes, though, if one wants to complicate things or make choices that aren't just about weight loss. If you choose to do something one way for nutritional benefit or because you find it easy to stick to, fine. You do you. People are just trying to help you--no matter how harsh it seems--do something that is sustainable for the long term.
  • Tonica0720
    Options

No my quantities are not unlimited I meal prep. I measure my food out. I already got a point before this post. I was just curious about everyone else.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    MissusMoon wrote: »

Agreed.

I think it's possible the OP, like some people, feel like they need to eliminate foods or do something "special" to lose weight. In the end, it's always CICO, no matter what method one uses to get there. (Barring very specific health issues) You and I would agree that this is a very important lesson to learn early on so that the weight will stay off.

To the OP--lots of people eliminate foods or get into a strict regime and lose weight. Some keep it off by sticking to that. Many others do not. There are no magical foods. There are no magical methods. There are many routes, though, if one wants to complicate things or make choices that aren't just about weight loss. If you choose to do something one way for nutritional benefit or because you find it easy to stick to, fine. You do you. People are just trying to help you--no matter how harsh it seems--do something that is sustainable for the long term.

Is this your first time dieting, out of curiosity?
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

Agreed.

Mine, not at all. But here I am again, losing it for the last time. I used elimination diets, had cheat days, fads, some extremes. I'm a woman who grew up in Southern California in my 40's, so yeah, dieting even when I didn't need to.

I never learned anything sustainable. I finally turned to science. I am losing weight and feeling like I am eating like a normal human being. I am learning how to maintain while I lose. Big difference.

ETA--I've known this stuff for a while. I spent a lot of time putting it off and making excuses for myself.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

Agreed.

Mine, not at all. But here I am again, losing it for the last time. I used elimination diets, had cheat days, fads, some extremes. I'm a woman who grew up in Southern California in my 40's, so yeah, dieting even when I didn't need to.

I never learned anything sustainable. I finally turned to science. I am losing weight and feeling like I am eating like a normal human being. I am learning how to maintain while I lose. Big difference.
    So you were that person who thought they needed to eliminate foods or do something "special" to lose weight. Cool!! Glad you can help them, being further along your journey. Glad you can be there for them.