Peacocking

Options
1235»

Replies

• gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Nah. I go to Planet Fitness. They don't encourage that. I do wear mineral foundation to the gym because I would not like anyone to see how bad my acne problem can be. :X
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Just read the complete line of remarks. I have no input on this as I do not go to the gym. Now I am sure I do not want to go to join a gym. Ya'all be way too judgemental for me to enjoy my membership. I would be the old, balding, fat, hairy, guy sitting in the corner after doing 90 minutes on the treadmill sweating his butt off, before getting on the stationary bike and doing another 45 minutes. All the while attempting to turn his keg sized hairy beer belly into a six pack. I look at the things around me to distract my attention and keep in 'the zone'. Colors, sizes, movement and noise just get my attention. So I guess I will just keep working out at home and walking/biking in our gated community and out of the public's eye so I do not get accused as being a pervert because I happen to look someone's way and they get all butt hurt.
  • dozenmonkeyz
    dozenmonkeyz Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Just read the complete line of remarks. I have no input on this as I do not go to the gym. Now I am sure I do not want to go to join a gym. Ya'all be way too judgemental for me to enjoy my membership. I would be the old, balding, fat, hairy, guy sitting in the corner after doing 90 minutes on the treadmill sweating his butt off, before getting on the stationary bike and doing another 45 minutes. All the while attempting to turn his keg sized hairy beer belly in a six pack. I look at the things around me to distract my attention and keep in 'the zone'. Colors, sizes, movement and noise just get my attention. So I guess I will just keep working out at home and walking/biking in our gated community and out of the public's eye so I do not get accused as being a pervert because I happen to look someone's way and they get all butt hurt.

I wouldn't take it that way, man. IMO you're the type that gets good attention as you're there doing work to improve yourself. Everyone checks out everyone in any gym, and in fact, everywhere. I think a lot of these stories are highlighting folks that use the gym as a personal exhibition rather than just to get a workout in. While this thread gives opportunity for folks to vent some of their unique observations, in reality I haven't witnessed much in-person judginess (word?) in the gyms I've attended.
  • LiftingRiot
    LiftingRiot Posts: 6,946 Member
    Options
    ^

Dude, don't you get it. The ones critiquing the others appearances are the most insecure. I know this for a fact. That is the first sign of a long life of insecurity and personal doubts.

So since you are criticizing the criticizers, does that make you the most insecure person on here?
  • PamelaW41
    PamelaW41 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    There's a young couple that go to my gym. Biggest peacockers ever. They workout a little, pose in the mirror, take some selfies...workout some more, strut around the gym...repeat. LOL, they are so entertaining the elliptical time passes faster. Love them! LOL
  • cuckoo_jenibeth
    cuckoo_jenibeth Posts: 1,434 Member
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    My questions to women peacocks (peacunz, I suppose) is, 'the hell you doing hair and makeup for before your workout?

I have my hair & makeup on, but it's because I go straight from work. It doesn't affect my workout (as my 100 pound loss proves) but I found out after I had been working out for quite some time that another instructor actually thought "that one won't last long..." when I first started teaching my classes!
  • alyssagb1
    alyssagb1 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Once while on a treadmill, with earbuds in no less, I heard continuous grunting noises.
    Turned down the volume and the speed of the treadmill, naturally the noises became louder. I turn around to see a man in tiny shorts and no shirt, lifting weights, groaning/grunting after each rep.
    Normally, this wouldn't bother me. It's a gym of course.
    However, when you sound like you're about to..find release.. after each pull of that barbell? My god.. :neutral:

• Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to figure this peacocking thing out. . My clothes buying powers are weak. I really need a personal shopper so I can peacock just the right amount . . without it LOOKING like i'm peacocking. .
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Villae81 wrote: »
    I've been trying to figure this peacocking thing out. . My clothes buying powers are weak. I really need a personal shopper so I can peacock just the right amount . . without it LOOKING like i'm peacocking. .

Just walk around without your shirt and show off that 8 pack on your profile pic

Good Idea!. . first I'll need some red spray paint. .