Why I Post my Exercise and Gym Check-ins on FB

Options
1234568»

Replies

• MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    The reason is because no one gives a *kitten* what you do. No one. Even people that pretend they do, by saying, "go get it, girl", really don't. No one cares. It's boring. And, it's inane. Keep it to yourself. Workout, keep your mouth shut, let the results say whatever they say. It isn't motivating anyone, nor you. It's showing off. It's self-centered.

Instead, try using facebook to not talk about yourself. Talk about how awesome other people are. Make yourself interesting by not talking about you. Try it. you might learn that more people will be attracted to your page, and to you. Self-centered people are boring and have no imagination. Our society is turning to be very self-centered, and it's so much so that people don't even see it anymore.

Let me ask you something. Do you post when you poop? Why not?

This is just about one of the dumbest things I have ever read. Clearly she said earlier it wasn't for attention. Therefore, she doesn't need to change how she posts for attention. Not everyone has to pretend to be someone else to get people to like them... But you can do that if it makes you happy. And she can use her FB to post about herself if it makes her happy.

Don't you guys even stop to think how negative and condescending you are? What is the point of being alive if we have to fit into everyone else's little bubble of what a person should and shouldn't do? Does posting about her life about what is important to her and makes her happy dilute your life and happiness in the least? NO!

OP post whatever you want. It is your life. Don't even address it, don't even care. Just unfollow and unfriend all the *kitten* who think they know better about what you should post. Be you, always. This world is already too full of hateful people who want to control others, be free and be happy.

I'm sorry the truth stabbed you in the heart.

What she "says" and what she is really saying are different. If you don't understand what I said, which you don't, then move on. Ignorance of the bigger issue at hand might be your super power.

Disagreeing with your negativity =/= ignorance. Frankly the idea of concealing who you are and your true interests so that more people find you more likeable seems a bit too anti-septic, not to mention rather fake to me.