Options
124»

Replies

• Yasmin163
    Yasmin163 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    deano2307 wrote: »
    Yasmin163 wrote: »
    Yes I teach exercise therapy. So other than my own fitness I take older adults, so not high impact but body weight exercises. Thats 4 days a week

Blimey.. you should be the size of a racing snake!! go back to your GP..or a nutritionist.

I'm going to ask my GP for my exact results because all I had was 'normal'. Think I'll increase my exercise further as well. I use to do 10k walk everyday but changed it to swimming & spin. Maybe I'll go back to doing the 10k as well as my swim & spin class :-)
  • deano2307
    deano2307 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    deano2307 wrote: »
    have you tried to 5:2 diet (Michael Mosley diet).. as seen on BBC's horizon works for most.

I have been tempted but was hoping that a complete lifestyle change would be better. It worked up until October - now I don't know why its gone so wrong. I though increasing my exercise would be key but obviously not. I've only ever measured certain foods before and its never been an issue but obviously it is now. So will try measuring everything exactly from now on

I watched the program(youtube) and read his(Michael Mosley) book, very interesting read...good luck!
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    @Yasmin163, the only things you eat that need to be weighed are the things you eat. Everything you eat. The words you have used indicate that you are impatient with the details of doing this correctly. A stone since Christmas works out to a very small 100 or 200 calorie surplus. Could it be an energy drink at the gym you're forgetting to log? Could it be a few weekends you've been too busy to measure or log?

I really thought I was being strict. I don't touch energy drinks ever, soft drinks occasionally maybe twice a month. 2 alcoholic drinks since August last year. I am extremely bad at drinking water. I'll drink a bottle in the gym but that's it all day. I work out 5 days - tried mixing cardio and weights, tried no weights just cardio, its just all messed up since Christmas. Its bonkers :-(

its not what you eat or dont eat its how much.
  • Yasmin163
    Options
    Weighed and measured EVERYTHING for the day. I've even weighed and labeled every egg in the box :-) Lets see how we get on. newria8p3ku1.jpg
    icgevp0dd51d.jpg
    1tqirk5ex94n.jpg
    67z7ye4fvd6w.jpg
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Maybe a stupid question, but are you using the correct entries? Like are you using the dry pasta entry and making sure it matches the nutrition on the package for the pasta dry? Just making sure, I always feel like a serving of pasta is so tiny for the amount it satisfies vs it's calorie content.
  • Yasmin163
    Options
    WBB55 wrote: »
    Maybe a stupid question, but are you using the correct entries? Like are you using the dry pasta entry and making sure it matches the nutrition on the package for the pasta dry? Just making sure, I always feel like a serving of pasta is so tiny for the amount it satisfies vs it's calorie content.

No not a stupid question. I'm not. Didn't realise it was there. I'll double check that thanks :-)
  • Yasmin163
    Options
    I usually just scan the product. :-(
  • dawnfoster50951
    dawnfoster50951 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My thoughts..1-is thyroid normal ?, 2- are you eating enough ? My nutritionist told me for being 5'2" and 157 lbs (I want to be down to 130lbs) I have to stay at 1200 calories . I can not go under or over . For me not to try to eat my excerise calories unless I am truely hungry . To eat protein with each meal and snack . To add whole wheat with each meal. Drinks TONS of water. I personally wasn't loading anything (but gaining ) so after a month I started eating ALOT of protein (got this from the Dunken diet on Pinterest haha) and it's working . I still stay at 1200 calories .
  • gonetothedogs19
    gonetothedogs19 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Serah87 wrote: »
    Other than what I've detailed above everything else is pre measured. Eggs. Slice of bread. Steamed veg. Thats pretty much my whole diet. No jar foods/sauces other than the tomatoe sauce. I dont know what else Id weigh lol

Weigh everything you put in your mouth.

That does not sound like a lot of fun.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    based on the pic your scale is analogue....perhaps consider getting a digital scale as well.

I only say that as I don't weigh my eggs either...but I do use a digital scale for almost everything else....unless I am not at home it goes on the scale.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Um, it never occurred to me to write the weight of eggs directly on the shell. That's a great idea...
  • tracymayo1
    tracymayo1 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Other than what I've detailed above everything else is pre measured. Eggs. Slice of bread. Steamed veg. Thats pretty much my whole diet. No jar foods/sauces other than the tomatoe sauce. I dont know what else Id weigh lol

Breaad slices do NOT weigh the same... Eggs do not weigh the same... I have 2 slices of Pom bread each morning... sometimes it is what the bag says it should be sometimes less grams sometimes more.

your steamed veg is not going to be the same weight easch time you make it. Brocoli florets arent the same size, carrots either...

yes you NEED to weigh EVERYTHING. Measure all LIQUIDS.
    Never depend on the "serving size" on the back of the package... they are almost never accurate...
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    ok you wrote the weight of the eggs on the eggs but you are going to have to subtract the empty shell from that weight. so if an egg is 55g whole you will have to weigh the shell and then subtract from the 55g. unless you are going to eat the shell.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    My thoughts..1-is thyroid normal ?, 2- are you eating enough ? My nutritionist told me for being 5'2" and 157 lbs (I want to be down to 130lbs) I have to stay at 1200 calories . I can not go under or over . For me not to try to eat my excerise calories unless I am truely hungry . To eat protein with each meal and snack . To add whole wheat with each meal. Drinks TONS of water. I personally wasn't loading anything (but gaining ) so after a month I started eating ALOT of protein (got this from the Dunken diet on Pinterest haha) and it's working . I still stay at 1200 calories .

protein helps to retain lean muscle. but its not a magical item to help lose weight.and as for nutritionist they arent as well educated as a dietitian. I would see a dietitian and see what they tell you. not going over or under your calories? what if you exercise and burn off say 500 calories? are you eating any of those back? or are you netting under 1200?
  • Yasmin163
    Options

I have been to my GP for a chat and have discovered my T3 Thyroid is actually on the low side. My kidney function is very low side also and is possibly sign of dehydration. She has recommended I start a course of meds to try and rectify the thyroid issue. (It explains why I'm sleeping for 3 hours in the afternoon). Not sure how I feel - Relieved? Apprehensive? Gutted? Water needs to be my next best friend also :-/
  • ChelseaHeights
    ChelseaHeights Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I would get a digital scale. It's easier to read and the tare feature makes it easier to use when weighing multiple things. Good luck!
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    Weigh eggs? Really??

Yep. I've had a single egg weigh up to 1.5 eggs. Never had one come under the serving size.