help please

Options

Replies

• skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    were both in mt im in billings he is in ronan mt there on dif sides of the state. not trying to be vague really now.
    So can you not make a trip out there and call the cops when you are in front of his residency?

maybe we're not on the same page.

what exactly do you think is going to happen if she does that?

she has no more rights to the child than he does.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    For the 4th time, how old is the child?
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Ive kept a job ive had him in head start im not a druggie a psycho nothing. I let my son go with his father becuase If the roles were reversed Id want him to let me have the chance to get to know him.

So why are you worried about the full custody thing? You show up, tell the judge your side and take your son home.

not if the father is providing a better living situation with a healthier environment.

i dont know what state(s) or country we're talking about here, but i'm not sure it's that cut and dry.

No clue on state because she is vague as hell. And you're right but a judge can award 50/50 or full custody. She hasn't had the kid for a year. Right now, Dad is looking like he is doing something decent if he has someone (or himself) homeschooling the child and under care.

i think we might be on the same page here.

i know a judge can award custody...i was just saying you were making it sound like all she has to do is show up, plead her case, and take her kid. my reply was saying theres no guarantee that *she* will be the one to walk away with the kid...especially if the father is providing a more stable situation (which is kinda what it sounds like with the information we "have")

I love how OP has completed failed to answer the most basic of questions. There are reasons I avoided practicing with the general public.

OP - either answer the questions and get legitimate answers or you're not going to get any real help. As was mentioned earlier, most law schools have student clinics and there are plenty of legal aid organizations out there, some specializing in exactly this type of thing. The funny thing is though this is a state law issue and the U.S. has 50 of those plus territories. You need to answer questions.
  • SANDRA_F26
    SANDRA_F26 Posts: 180
    Options
    I just did that this weekend ive tried many times now . I went all the way over there had police with me when knocked on the door he slammed the door in my face and the cops said they couldnt do anything about it. .
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Ive kept a job ive had him in head start im not a druggie a psycho nothing. I let my son go with his father becuase If the roles were reversed Id want him to let me have the chance to get to know him.

So why are you worried about the full custody thing? You show up, tell the judge your side and take your son home.

not if the father is providing a better living situation with a healthier environment.

i dont know what state(s) or country we're talking about here, but i'm not sure it's that cut and dry.

No clue on state because she is vague as hell. And you're right but a judge can award 50/50 or full custody. She hasn't had the kid for a year. Right now, Dad is looking like he is doing something decent if he has someone (or himself) homeschooling the child and under care.

i think we might be on the same page here.

i know a judge can award custody...i was just saying you were making it sound like all she has to do is show up, plead her case, and take her kid. my reply was saying theres no guarantee that *she* will be the one to walk away with the kid...especially if the father is providing a more stable situation (which is kinda what it sounds like with the information we "have")

I love how OP has completed failed to answer the most basic of questions. There are reasons I avoided practicing with the general public.

OP - either answer the questions and get legitimate answers or you're not going to get any real help. As was mentioned earlier, most law schools have student clinics and there are plenty of legal aid organizations out there, some specializing in exactly this type of thing. The funny thing is though this is a state law issue and the U.S. has 50 of those plus territories. You need to answer questions.

billings and ronin "mt" which ooh my hs geography is old but methinks montana. she answered a few posts back, really whispered almost actually but there it is. that's where they are.
  • delaniecastillo
    Options
    were both in mt im in billings he is in ronan mt there on dif sides of the state. not trying to be vague really now.
    So can you not make a trip out there and call the cops when you are in front of his residency?

maybe we're not on the same page.

what exactly do you think is going to happen if she does that?

she has no more rights to the child than he does.

Mediation (from the cops) and actually able to see the kid. File a report in his town and show that she made effort to see her son.
    Again, I'm in Texas so things may fly differently. Every state is different and every judge sees things differently. I had a friend who had his daughter kept away (and he paid child support) and this worked for him even if he only got to see her for 15 minutes while the cop was there, that was enough evidence to show the judge that he evidently tried everything to see his child and that the mom was in the wrong. I know if it was my kid, I'd be doing damn near everything and anything.

Edit: oops, disregard the cop thing then. Looks like I'm out of ideas except for this guy:
    252a339356428bb136e5c4020372417c.jpeg
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    aVZgT.gif

If you think the OP is going to be straight with you, you're gonna have a bad time.
  • SANDRA_F26
    Options
    Trying my best to answer everyones questions.
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options

How old is the child?
  • bestbassist
    bestbassist Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I think the OP is trying to use the proverbial *****-pass for sympathy. She also wants to use it to forge a plan to take her child away from his father. A father does not "kidnap" his own child when there is no legal agreement giving the mother sole custody. And given the misandry of the family courts, I find it hard to believe the OP cannot find legal assistance chomping at the bit for a case like this. Perhaps they view her as a loose cannon. Perhaps she's only offering part of the story to gain pity from total strangers. Sorry. None here to give. My vote goes for Dad in this one. Good on him for taking responsability and raising his son.

Maybe since he is fighting for custody of his other children it means he wants to prove to the courts that he is in fact a good Dad. He probably has better ways of protecting and cherishing the relationship with his son other than posting on public fitness forums. From the scattered details the OP has given, it sounds as though he is going through the court system and winning. Maybe the OP is just bitter.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    oops double post and bad one at that. LMFAO!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    Yes dad has remarried hes 28 the women is 50 somthing. He never had any interest in seeing our child till after he was married. the man has 4 other children hes trying to fight for with two other women. he origionally abandoned his children with his mother.
    This situation is all kinds of ew. I think I'm done here. Just OP don't give up on yourself if you truly feel your child is best off with you. Stick to your guns and go all out getting the help you need and filing whatever you need to to get him back. Don't make any bad moves.

(IDK it worries me that he suddenly wants all his kids back? I knew an ex BF who married a woman who was like a child support collector. Bunches of kids from bunches of daddies. He sounds like the male version of that and like 50 year old lady just got wise.)
  • delaniecastillo
    Options
    5Em3G.jpg
  • CapnGordo
    CapnGordo Posts: 327
    Options
    Allowing the father's petition for full custody go through the system, and go before a judge will be faster than filing your own. The judge can then consider the facts, and decide where the child will be better off.

I'm starting to wonder if he isn't better off where he's at.

Also, if the kid is living with the father, why should he continue to pay you child support during those months?
  • SANDRA_F26
    Options
    mt or Mt stands for Montana .
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

OP - from your earlier posts, did you apply via this site for help and fail to qualify?

http://www.mtlsa.org/get-legal-help/apply-legal-services/
  • eyestylemom
    eyestylemom Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    HOW. OLD. IS. THE. CHILD.

I have nothing to add to the OP...but to this ^ poster...I find you awesome. That is all. :bigsmile:
  • SANDRA_F26
    Options
    It was my understanding if I did not file my own parenting plan they would go with his plan all together.
  • SANDRA_F26
    Options
    child is 7 years old.
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    anyway...

My thoughts are with the child. Best wishes for him.