Can't seem to lose weight

Options
Acxa
Acxa Posts: 22 Member
I'm 5'5 and weight 170 pounds. I haven't eaten any sweets/pastries for over 7 months and I've also stopped eating meat now for 4-5 months. And I haven't lost a pound at all just gained one or two pounds. Is there something im doing wrong?
I'm too lazy to work out but i do have a 8hr job which includes a lot of movement

My usual food consumption in a day:
07:30 breakfast- Oatmeal or porridge
10:30 snack- Banana smoothie or a fruit
13:00 lunch- vegetables or a sandwich or Salad
15:00 Snack- a fruit or usually skip this snack
18:00 Dinner- Pasta or steamed vegetables or fish or a sandwich

Replies

• Acxa
    Options
    i dont use a food scale, i dont over eat, i eat a normal amount
  • Acxa
    Options
    how could i be over eating when
    07:30 breakfast- Oatmeal or porridge Sometimes i dont even finish the bowl which is never full from the begening
    10:30 snack- Banana smoothie or a fruit banana smoothie only has 2-3 bananas
    13:00 lunch- vegetables or a sandwich or Salad vegetables are good eitherway, which i put in a lunch box which is a normal lunch box
    15:00 Snack- a fruit or usually skip this snack
    18:00 Dinner- Pasta or steamed vegetables or fish or a sandwich i usually measure the pasta by cups which i only use a lil bit more than half of cup, and if i would be eating steamed vegetables it wouldn't gain too much weight from a plate of steamed vegetables, and steamed is digested faster than raw anyway

i do assume this is a normal amount for a person who works 8 hrs which includes constant lifting/ moving/walking in a fast pace
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    aocix wrote: »
    i dont use a food scale, i dont over eat, i eat a normal amount
    What's normal?
    Get the food scale. It's eye opening. You think you're eating a normal amount of, let's say, pasta. But when you eat the actual serving size of pasta, it's small. Especially when you weigh it rather than using a measuring cup.
    You said you're eating vegetables or a sandwich or a salad for lunch. These are 3 totally different things that could vary in calories fat and carbs by the hundreds.
    If you want to lose weight you have to eat less.
    How do you know you're doing that if you aren't measuring or counting or something.
    And you said you can't seem to lose weight, so maybe you should take the advice of the people here who are responding to you.
    Try it. It can't hurt. In fact, it could help.

• Acxa
    Options
    i would die if i ate less? im always so hungry
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    i would die if i ate less? im always so hungry

You can then consider eating back some exercise calories if you workout..

What is your MFP calories?

• Acxa
    Options
    i just logged my usual day and its only 1k calories
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    i just logged my usual day and its only 1k calories

logged usual day of what?