Can't seem to lose weight

Options

Replies

• Acxa
    Acxa Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    aocix wrote: »
    how could i be over eating when
    07:30 breakfast- Oatmeal or porridge Sometimes i dont even finish the bowl which is never full from the begening
    10:30 snack- Banana smoothie or a fruit banana smoothie only has 2-3 bananas
    13:00 lunch- vegetables or a sandwich or Salad vegetables are good eitherway, which i put in a lunch box which is a normal lunch box
    15:00 Snack- a fruit or usually skip this snack
    18:00 Dinner- Pasta or steamed vegetables or fish or a sandwich i usually measure the pasta by cups which i only use a lil bit more than half of cup, and if i would be eating steamed vegetables it wouldn't gain too much weight from a plate of steamed vegetables, and steamed is digested faster than raw anyway

i do assume this is a normal amount for a person who works 8 hrs which includes constant lifting/ moving/walking in a fast pace

It's just maths and science really. Eat too much, we gain, eat just enough, we maintain, eat too little, we lose.

Your fruit smoothie for example, 1 banana can have 140 calories, 2-3 3-400 calories. That's a lot and that's before you even add in anything else like yoghurt, milk, other fruit.

Porridge? I have what would look like a small bowl, I use like an ice cream dish and it's only half full, that's a 250 calorie serving. I suspect you;re eating more than that. In just those two items you are clocking up nearly 700 calories. No lunch, no snack, no dinner even considered yet.

You need to work out accurately exactly how much you are consuming because right now you have no idea. Generally, people with weight to lose don't really know what a normal portion looks like (and I include myself in that statement).

i eat 200calories from the porridge im in a hurry so i only take maybe 10 small spoons of it and leave. the banana smoothie is probably the only thing that fills me up throught the day and i dont add any other fruits just banana and water
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    how could i be over eating when
    07:30 breakfast- Oatmeal or porridge Sometimes i dont even finish the bowl which is never full from the begening
    10:30 snack- Banana smoothie or a fruit banana smoothie only has 2-3 bananas
    13:00 lunch- vegetables or a sandwich or Salad vegetables are good eitherway, which i put in a lunch box which is a normal lunch box
    15:00 Snack- a fruit or usually skip this snack
    18:00 Dinner- Pasta or steamed vegetables or fish or a sandwich i usually measure the pasta by cups which i only use a lil bit more than half of cup, and if i would be eating steamed vegetables it wouldn't gain too much weight from a plate of steamed vegetables, and steamed is digested faster than raw anyway

i do assume this is a normal amount for a person who works 8 hrs which includes constant lifting/ moving/walking in a fast pace

It's just maths and science really. Eat too much, we gain, eat just enough, we maintain, eat too little, we lose.

Your fruit smoothie for example, 1 banana can have 140 calories, 2-3 3-400 calories. That's a lot and that's before you even add in anything else like yoghurt, milk, other fruit.

Porridge? I have what would look like a small bowl, I use like an ice cream dish and it's only half full, that's a 250 calorie serving. I suspect you;re eating more than that. In just those two items you are clocking up nearly 700 calories. No lunch, no snack, no dinner even considered yet.

You need to work out accurately exactly how much you are consuming because right now you have no idea. Generally, people with weight to lose don't really know what a normal portion looks like (and I include myself in that statement).

i eat 200calories from the porridge im in a hurry so i only take maybe 10 small spoons of it and leave. the banana smoothie is probably the only thing that fills me up throught the day and i dont add any other fruits just banana and water

OP how many calories does MFP give you to eat each day???

Do you exercise?

Forget what you think you logged today, let's see if we can figure out your calories + exercise (if you do) and make sure you are going to be eating enough when you start weighing your food..

I can presume you are going to get a food scale now...right? If not then .. not sure what to tell you..
  • Acxa
    Options
    As i have mentioned before i work 8hrs? i dont stop from moving, this feels like an 8hr workout. the only time i get to sit is when i get my lunch break
  • Acxa
    Options
    kquick316 wrote: »
    i just logged my usual day and its only 1k calories

But you logged without using a scale.

i can use eyes, its not too hard to guess
  • Acxa
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    As i have mentioned before i work 8hrs? i dont stop from moving, this feels like an 8hr workout. the only time i get to sit is when i get my lunch break

I have a highly active job as well (retail) where I don't stop moving. I lost weight with no problem. Why? Because I accurately weighed and logged my food (usually 1700-2200 calories).

i work in a factory, which includes more movement than retail.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    kquick316 wrote: »
    i just logged my usual day and its only 1k calories

But you logged without using a scale.

i can use eyes, its not too hard to guess

This mentality is why you are not loosing weight. And why you are on a calorie counting site using eyeball portions and strange ways to measure food is beyond me.

I am trying to get answers to help.. but the insistant method you use seems to be what you want us to confirm is the right way to do this.. its not.

I am going to try one more time to see if OP will provide the following:

How many calories MFP gave her to eat a day?

Do you exercise... forget the work stuff..this should be included in your activity level..

What is your activity level set to..??

• Acxa
    Options
    just to satisfy you all i will prove that i'm not over eating by measuring everything tomorrow
    http://i.imgur.com/QYrwxNO.png imagine this bowl, i have it half full with porridge or oats, and i never finish eating it that is not 600calories
  • Acxa
    Options
    just to satisfy you all i will take pictures and scale everything i eat tomorrow just to prove that im not over eating

http://i.imgur.com/QYrwxNO.png imagine this bowl, i have it half full with porridge or oats, and i never finish eating it