Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Pancakes or Waffles?

Options
Carlos_421
Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
Pancakes are light, soft and delicious, readily soaking up syrup while maintaining a smooth surface perfect for butter spreading. They are also easily stacked which leads to better aesthetics and the ability to fit more on a plate.

Waffle are crisp, crunchy and delicious, complete with copious holding cells for superior syrup retention. They are also more readily available in frozen form, lending to the convenience of preparation in a toaster.

Where do you stand on this controversial issue?

*Yes, this thread is a parody.

Replies

• msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    TnknyZ1.gif

I'm with Donkey...
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    This is really a tough call. I don't have a waffle maker and the frozen ones have too much sodium, so I'll have to go with pancakes. My dad's waffles made with sprite are something special though!

Really, I just need a product to deliver me the copious amounts of mrs. butterworth's that i require. I've not quite gotten into the drinking it out of the bottle a la super troopers.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Both.

/endthread
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Waffles of course.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I'm torn.

When I want to spread on crunchy peanut butter.....waffles are best. Maple & PB on a nice crunchy waffle - yum!

But soft, pillowy, blueberry pancakes. Hmmm.....so many fruits. I guess I would have to go with pancakes if I had to choose.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    Waffles hold together better as you spread PB and Nutella on them.
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    Waffles - good for delivering cream, chocolate sauce & strawberries or fried chicken, bacon & maple syrup.

Pancakes - good for replacement coasters...
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Pancakes, no question. I was away for a (long) weekend staying at an inn in Vermont, and they had a choice between the two most mornings. I had pancakes every single one. (They were different types of pancakes -- cinnamon one day, blueberry the next, and almond the third.) I'm not really wild about the texture of waffles, I know this makes me a heretic. (I also don't find that the idea of nut butter on either is appealing at all. Maple syrup or go home.)

The one exception is with the dish chicken and waffles.
  • mespreeman
    mespreeman Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    _Waffle_ wrote: »
    Waffles of course.

You're entitled to your (wrong) opinion.

;)

• questionfear
    questionfear Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I was never a waffle person until we bought a wafflemaker. I waffle everything now.
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    Whatever you're making ;-)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    But, @Carlos_421, does it make a difference if they are Oreo waffles/pancakes?!? Serious issues that need answers, man!

9jg3tmf4dzvt.jpg
    sruip10u4oos.jpg
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Pancakes > Waffles

Also, edited to ask - why is French Toast not included in this debate? B/c then the answer would be French Toast > Pancakes > Waffles.

But really, biscuits and gravy or GTFO.
  • sparklyglitterbomb
    sparklyglitterbomb Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Pancakes > Waffles

But really, biscuits and gravy or GTFO.

yummmmmmmmyyyyyyyyyy

(also a waffle fan)
  • johnwelk
    johnwelk Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I make homemade apple cinnamon waffles.

PHE-NOM-IN-AL!
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Waffles. Pancakes just pee syrup all over my plate, and i'm too lazy to sponge it back up.
  • Char231023
    Char231023 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Waffles over pancakes every time

The way the melted butter and syrup puddles in every dent made by the waffle maker. The crisp crunchy texture is pure heaven on a plate.

Don't get me wrong pancakes have their place, but waffles are much better.
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    I love doing this:
    1-waffles-with-bacon-pigs-in-a-matress-007.jpg

But I also like doing this:
    MhYP6.jpg

If I absolutely HAD to choose: WAFFLES!