Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Pancakes or Waffles?

Options

Replies

• Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Either without the syrup. At home I toast Eggo Low Fat and whole grain, I don't make wafflers or pancakes. If I am having breakfast in a restaurant, I will ask for wheat toast unless I can share the pancakes with somebody. I can't eat more than one.
  • tlflag1620
    tlflag1620 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I'm on team "eggs fried in copious amounts of butter with a side of bacon", personally. I can take or leave the breakfast breads.
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    I wasn't ever able to make good waffles at home, until we bought the:

Hello Kitty Waffle Iron.

No kidding. This thing has been with us ten years and still makes evenly cooked little cat head waffles, as well as bunny head waffles. It is, hands down, the best waffle maker we have ever owned.

The ONLY reason I prefer to make pancakes is that I can put all 4 iron skillets on the stove and cook them all faster. Waffles are one by one.

Waffles with strawberries and whipped cream, or crepes. Those are my favorites.

So, I'd rather make pancakes, but would rather eat waffles.
  • Char231023
    Char231023 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    robininfl wrote: »
    I wasn't ever able to make good waffles at home, until we bought the:

Hello Kitty Waffle Iron.

No kidding. This thing has been with us ten years and still makes evenly cooked little cat head waffles, as well as bunny head waffles. It is, hands down, the best waffle maker we have ever owned.

The ONLY reason I prefer to make pancakes is that I can put all 4 iron skillets on the stove and cook them all faster. Waffles are one by one.

Waffles with strawberries and whipped cream, or crepes. Those are my favorites.

So, I'd rather make pancakes, but would rather eat waffles.

I gave my sister a Snoopy one and she loves it.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Pancakes, if they're made with ricotta or cottage cheese or if the waffles in question are standard American thin & floppy wastes of time.

Waffles if they're Belgian. And crispy on the outside. Don't serve me a soft waffle, I'll send that sucker right back.

Oh, and both are so much better with blueberries or strawberries and stabilized whipped cream. Whipped cream on the side, please, so it doesn't melt from the heat.

Maple syrup is reserved for pork sausage. Nice, spicy, pork sausage.
  • CurlyCockney
    CurlyCockney Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I've only recently discovered that I can make pancakes in my toasted sandwich maker, and I've been eating them ever since! In the UK we only usually have pancakes once a year, on Shrove Tuesday (Pancake Day), so I feel quite rebellious eating them other days ;-)

These ones are blueberry pancakes, with maple syrup and Greek yoghurt (also known as triangles of heaven).

yate9hkin19y.jpg

• haviegirl
    haviegirl Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Pancakes pancakes pancakes. Homemade, thin, and tender. Spread with butter, then sprinkled with sugar. Rolled up and eaten by hand. Or possibly spread with butter, rolled up, then dipped in real maple syrup.

What was the question, again? Something about how pancakes are the best breakfast food ever, right?
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    But, @Carlos_421, does it make a difference if they are Oreo waffles/pancakes?!? Serious issues that need answers, man!

9jg3tmf4dzvt.jpg
    sruip10u4oos.jpg

All I know is that I need these in my life.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Liege waffles, hands down.

DSC_00981.jpg

Damn things have 800 calories or something though.
  • Carlos_421
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Also, edited to ask - why is French Toast not included in this debate? B/c then the answer would be French Toast > Pancakes > Waffles.

Because that question is: French Toast or Cinnamon Rolls?

And of course, all of these are just breakfast desserts for after eating the biscuits and gravy (and bacon and eggs and sausage).
  • Carlos_421
    Options
    I love doing this:
    1-waffles-with-bacon-pigs-in-a-matress-007.jpg

But I also like doing this:
    MhYP6.jpg

If I absolutely HAD to choose: WAFFLES!

Thank you for adding to my dirty bulking bucket list.
  • navyjen
    navyjen Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    My kids will eat waffles frozen right from the freezer. Eww no thanks.
  • JUiCY_KiSS
    JUiCY_KiSS Posts: 8,512 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I'm not a big fan of waffles of any kind,love pancakes but I'd rather just have one big pancake than a stack because that's just too much and they get soggy. I don't eat any of that stuff anymore though and couldn't even enjoy it when I chose it as a cheat meal.
  • micropreemiemum
    micropreemiemum Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    pancakes all the way, preferably the thin crepe ones we have in britain... Hate sweet waffles but love birds eye potato waffles :D
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    pancakes all the way, preferably the thin crepe ones we have in britain... Hate sweet waffles but love birds eye potato waffles :D

Oh yeah, crepes > pancakes, by far.

I mean...

Crepe_Sweet.jpg
  • SugarBabyGirl
    SugarBabyGirl Posts: 7,026 Member
    Options
    Whatever I'm not cooking is fine with me!
  • commanderval
    commanderval Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Both, as long as they're vegan!
  • your_pal_crusher
    your_pal_crusher Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Well, I guess I'm a weirdo, I prefer waffles.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Also, edited to ask - why is French Toast not included in this debate? B/c then the answer would be French Toast > Pancakes > Waffles.

Because that question is: French Toast or Cinnamon Rolls?

And of course, all of these are just breakfast desserts for after eating the biscuits and gravy (and bacon and eggs and sausage).

This is the debate section. You are not allowed to move the goalposts in here and bring in a completely separate debate topic.

ETA - I guess we aren't in the debate section? Didn't it start there?
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    pancakes...with a bit of cinnamon unless I'm making the waffles. I make delicious waffles