Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Pancakes or Waffles?

Options

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Pancakes.
  • nikkishea3
    nikkishea3 Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Waffles with peanut butter!!!

But sadly I'm "no carbing" it these days
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Also, edited to ask - why is French Toast not included in this debate? B/c then the answer would be French Toast > Pancakes > Waffles.

Because that question is: French Toast or Cinnamon Rolls?

And of course, all of these are just breakfast desserts for after eating the biscuits and gravy (and bacon and eggs and sausage).

This is the debate section. You are not allowed to move the goalposts in here and bring in a completely separate debate topic.

ETA - I guess we aren't in the debate section? Didn't it start there?

Hey, you're the one who brought in the French toast.

And talk about moving goal posts! "Debate" has now devolved into "random talking."
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Waffles, and none of those crappy made from a mix type, just good ol' fashioned from the 1940's Sunbeam recipe book complete with beat up egg whites folded in to the batter just before cooking. Of course, now that my kids are all gone I never make them. My go to now is home made buttermilk pancakes with huckleberries, lots of butter and pure maple syrup.
  • hittingitonemoretime
    hittingitonemoretime Posts: 7,615 Member
    Options
    Pancakes with a side of waffles.. or this..

pancake-waffle-breakfast-sliders.jpg
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Bought a waffle maker a little over a year ago. Been experimenting with savory waffles. Tried everything. Mac & Cheese waffles. Corn Waffles. Noodle waffles.

But the one my wife loves best is the Tater Tot, Jalapeno Popper, Bacon Waffle.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Pancakes with a side of waffles.. or this..

pancake-waffle-breakfast-sliders.jpg

I just don't do the sweet and savory mix. I do use kodiak power cakes as a base for breakfast 'sandwiches' but they are really not naturally sweet. I don't know why but the idea of a sweet waffles with egg and sausage just grosses me out.
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    Bought a waffle maker a little over a year ago. Been experimenting with savory waffles. Tried everything. Mac & Cheese waffles. Corn Waffles. Noodle waffles.

But the one my wife loves best is the Tater Tot, Jalapeno Popper, Bacon Waffle.

There's a place here that makes savory waffles and I admit that I'm going to have to go check it out at some point. Especially the mashed potato one with smoked salmon and scallions.
  • GreenGoddess22
    GreenGoddess22 Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    t1syooxzlgo7.jpeg

Pancakes!
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    Maximus wrote: »
    Are we discussing the size of a woman's bussoom?

what's a bussoom? Is that some sort of Texan thing?
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    KinkJarfld wrote: »
    Neither.

xh158tmgzkj9.jpg

Weinie pups are not for breakfast.
  • upoffthemat
    upoffthemat Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Only pancakes I eat anymore are sourdough pancakes. Thin and more crepe like. For the bread like breakfast it is waffles. Two different textures and flavors that I like in different circumstances.
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,476 Member
    Options
    No contest. Waffles win because you don't have to nap for 7 hours while you digest after eating.

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    makingmark wrote: »
    Only pancakes I eat anymore are sourdough pancakes. Thin and more crepe like. For the bread like breakfast it is waffles. Two different textures and flavors that I like in different circumstances.

@makingmark Do you ferment your own sourdough? Do you have a recipe? I luv sourdough anything <3
  • WeekendWarriorTX
    WeekendWarriorTX Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    waffles
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Waffles for the win!
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    Either as long as they are drenched with real Maple Syrup... :)
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Pancakes!