Options

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »
    It is but not the same of tune. It's to do with sound (she has an airy tone, she has a heavy tone) also tone refers to notes (tones, semi tones, etc this is simplified but this is not my music theory pal ;) )

so can I do that to my body?

Tune your body? Probably but it's just hippie science.

no, tone, I want to TONE...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh no you can't tone your body. No we back to basics.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I can apply sun less tanner to my body isn't that color toning?
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »

Yeah. I actually just do this instead of trying to lose fat. Just tan it. Looks better lol.
  • RoxieDawn
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »

Yeah. I actually just do this instead of trying to lose fat. Just tan it. Looks better lol.

Win Win!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    It is but not the same of tune. It's to do with sound (she has an airy tone, she has a heavy tone) also tone refers to notes (tones, semi tones, etc this is simplified but this is not my music theory pal ;) )

so can I do that to my body?

Tune your body? Probably but it's just hippie science.

no, tone, I want to TONE...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh no you can't tone your body. No we back to basics.

the internet disagrees with you ...
  • RoxieDawn
    Options
    Do I get a prize for saying that toning is something that your muscles do?
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Scary as it sounds, what you actually want to do is bulk - gain weight, hopefully a significant proportion of which will be muscle. Eat at a surplus, eat adequate protein (roughly 2x body weight in kgs) and lift heavy weights (predominantly compound exercises). That's the basics, the rest is all fine tuning
  • ndj1979
    Options
    gmallan wrote: »
    Scary as it sounds, what you actually want to do is bulk - gain weight, hopefully a significant proportion of which will be muscle. Eat at a surplus, eat adequate protein (roughly 2x body weight in kgs) and lift heavy weights (predominantly compound exercises). That's the basics, the rest is all fine tuning

sigh - you actually want more carbs during a bulk ...
  • cookielover_96
    cookielover_96 Posts: 177 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    TDEE and that crap doesn't work for me. I have a slow metabolism so if I were to eat and the recommended amount I would be overweight. It's best to just track on average your daily calorie intake then add a hundred more calories every couple of weeks. For macros I use and suggest 40C, 30P, 30F. Staying at least 120lbs should be fine for your height.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    TDEE and that crap doesn't work for me. I have a slow metabolism so if I were to eat and the recommended amount I would be overweight. It's best to just track on average your daily calorie intake then add a hundred more calories every couple of weeks. For macros I use and suggest 40C, 30P, 30F. Staying at least 120lbs should be fine for your height.

Um, it sounds like you are using TDEE - just not what an online estimator gave you.
  • BlondeTheHardWay
    BlondeTheHardWay Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I need to be much smaller all over but BIGGER in the shoulders! I need muscle in that area!!! Doing the Universal Gym down at physical therapy. I love that machine!!!
  • ndj1979
    Options

you mean math and science don't work for you ...

FYI - you don't have a slow metabolism..you just have a metabolism...
  • ndj1979
    Options
    I need to be much smaller all over but BIGGER in the shoulders! I need muscle in that area!!! Doing the Universal Gym down at physical therapy. I love that machine!!!

yea, you can't just spot increase one area...
  • cookielover_96
    Options

Okay okay, sorry if I'm not an expert on those terms. I'm saying the recommended daily calorie intake the calculator recommends, is a high number for me. FYI, I do have a slow metabolism.
  • ndj1979
    Options

Okay okay, sorry if I'm not an expert on those terms. I'm saying the recommended daily calorie intake the calculator recommends, is a high number for me. FYI, I do have a slow metabolism.

unless you have some medical condition that you have not referenced, your metabolism is not fast, slow, or dead, it is just what it is, which is a metabolism...

metabolism = metabolism
  • cookielover_96
    Options

unless you have some medical condition that you have not referenced, your metabolism is not fast, slow, or dead, it is just what it is, which is a metabolism...

metabolism = metabolism

Slow digestive system is different?

• singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Digestion and metabolism are different yes
  • cookielover_96
    Options

Weird how I always see those terms alternating with one another.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options

yea, you can't just spot increase one area...

Well you can spot increase muscle but the fat will be determined by genetics.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options

Weird how I always see those terms alternating with one another.

Unfortunately its a misconception. Metabolism is the process of utilizung absorbed energy in your cells. And digestion is the process of breaking down foods in the GI system..