Abs are made in the kitchen

Options
124»

Replies

• Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Jaelyn90 wrote: »
    I'm not saying asparagus and salt are magical things! Clearly I have abs in both pics. That's just what I changed/used to make it go from one to the other. The reduction of carbs plus diuretic plus elimination of water = more defined/visible abs! Jeeez!

Someone ask you how got your abs, you are the one who stated that it was from salt and asparagus. If you stated hey I got abs because you worked hard for them, it would be a different story.

Congrats on the abs!! :)
  • Jaelyn90
    Jaelyn90 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Serah87 wrote: »
    I'm not saying asparagus and salt are magical things! Clearly I have abs in both pics. That's just what I changed/used to make it go from one to the other. The reduction of carbs plus diuretic plus elimination of water = more defined/visible abs! Jeeez!

Someone ask you how got your abs, you are the one who stated that it was from salt and asparagus. If you stated hey I got abs because you worked hard for them, it would be a different story.

Congrats on the abs!! :)

No, I stated small diet tweets assisted in dropping 2.5 pounds and making my abs visible. Not that salt and asparagus magically give you abs

Thank you!
  • catsdogsh
    catsdogsh Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    People seriously if she changed salt and veggies and it helped so what? Obviously she was busting her *kitten* on top of that.
  • Jaelyn90
    Options
    catsdogsh wrote: »
    People seriously if she changed salt and veggies and it helped so what? Obviously she was busting her *kitten* on top of that.

Thank you!
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,203 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Care to share the difference? Cause its phenomenal.
    Added Himalayan salt to my pre workout and post workout meal. Also switched all veg to zucchini and asparagus

Actually, you did say it was due to salt and those two vegetables.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I call BS. Salt and veggies...? IMO, lighting and posing.

You look great all the same, a shame you think you have to eat clean with pink salt and certain veggies...
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    catsdogsh wrote: »

But it didn't. It's lighting and posing...
  • Jaelyn90
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Care to share the difference? Cause its phenomenal.
    Added Himalayan salt to my pre workout and post workout meal. Also switched all veg to zucchini and asparagus

Actually, you did say it was due to salt and those two vegetables.

That was the diet tweaks I made between those two pics. If you look at the first pic I clearly already have abs. That's all I did to make them more visible. And it's not like I went from eating pizza and pop tarts to suddenly salt and asparagus
  • VitaSh
    VitaSh Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    They are also made in the gym (because abs are very genetic too). I can diet down to very lean levels but if I don't do focused ab work they actually don't pop like that at all..I just get a very flat stomach. But I actually want a defined six pack so I have to work for that! Looking awesome btw
  • bobbyboombeck
    bobbyboombeck Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Great work! Keep at it as seeing results is the best motivator! Keep posting updates too.

As noted, try to take pics in the same place, same time of day, same day each week with the same lighting to eclipse the nay sayers ;)
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    fishshark wrote: »
    Wetcoaster wrote: »
    The problem is you might fool people into thinking Himalayan salt is something special.

I personally do think it has benefits. But that's just my opinion

while it may have nutritional benefites depending on who you ask.. it will do nothing for creating/reducing fat to show abs. If that was the case everyone would be munching on it like poprocks. You look the way you look due to hard work and dedictation to you fitness and diet. Regardless of lighting and difference in photos you clearly worked hard and no one is saying otherwise. HOWEVER it can be dangerous to post pictures of your insanly amazing abs and saunit was due to salt and some veggies. People who are desperate to get in shape/lose weight could get the wrong message and be eating a bottle of that salt a day.

I stated previously that I was on a strict diet for 5 months and that was simply the changes in my diet in the last two weeks between those pictures when preparing for a show, along with a minor carb decrease. By no means did I mean that Salk and green veggies give you abs lol

Do you have a theory on why the salt and veggies helped?

The salt helps with preventing fluid retention and asparagus is a natural diuretic. Combining the two I find makes my abs appear more. My workout routine remained the same. But again, it's not like I just added these two things in and that was it. I already had a strict diet

Sorry, I'm confused. I thought salt encouraged fluid retention, not prevented it?? Or does the asparagus counteract it?
    I do know it's a whole different set of rules in body building circles though.