Bookworms

Options

Replies

• JessicaJS23
    JessicaJS23 Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    pie_eyes wrote: »
    Anyone a VC Andrews fan? Those are what got me hooked. I used to read 2 or 3 books a week before I had kids

What's that

Her biggest seller was Flowers in The attic.. Her books were all kind of Dark/Gothic fiction. Someone else writes under the name now and they kinda went down hill but the books written by her were great.

Oh

You're so me, when are we hanging

I've been saying this for like a year now lol!! Just say when!

• pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,965 Member
    Options
    Anyone a VC Andrews fan? Those are what got me hooked. I used to read 2 or 3 books a week before I had kids

What's that

Her biggest seller was Flowers in The attic.. Her books were all kind of Dark/Gothic fiction. Someone else writes under the name now and they kinda went down hill but the books written by her were great.

Oh

You're so me, when are we hanging

I've been saying this for like a year now lol!! Just say when!

Ha tomorrow
  • Mike02209
    Mike02209 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend reading "Rasselas" by Samuel Johnson. Its quite short, but replete with devastatingly accurate insights into the mysteries of happiness. I have yet to find a single sentence that was not masterfully crafted. I read the book about once a year for the past 23 years.
  • lisciousg24
    lisciousg24 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Doesn't Stephen King just wrote as Richard Bachman sometimes?
    I swear I've been under that impression for like ever.
    In fact that's the only reason I've read some of Bachmans books.
  • maryrice702
    maryrice702 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Who posed for the Richard Bachman pic?
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,965 Member
    Options

if i recall correctly it was like his insurance agent or something like that

Lol
  • denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    Options

He looks a lot like James Caan in Misery.

• jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options

i know you didn't actually ask me - but i really liked the whole series so far, now if we could only get the next book before hbo blows it all to hell . . .

Thanks! Will give it another shot once I finish the Steinbeck book I'm reading :smiley: What are you currently reading? ;)

I just finished the goldfinch, which took me a while to get into, but i ended up really loving it. i'm reading an anthology of science fiction stories edited by Harlan Ellison right now, it's from the 60's and it's called "dangerous visions" there are some really good stories and some laughable ones, but overall i'm enjoying it.
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    another bookworm here. I started reading when I was 4. We were living above a library at that time. What more can you wish for?
    I read pretty much everything - crime, Jane Austen, survival stories, biographies, whatever my mood tells me to read. I currently re-read The Godfather.

Those who like something haunting - try "The Road" (you might know the movie with the same title).

i had to finish the road in one sitting because i was too scared to stop.
  • shrinkingtina
    shrinkingtina Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    OMG this thread has just pushed my book list over the edge. I'm in love.
  • mayoosh_primrose
    mayoosh_primrose Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I need to start reading again but don't know where to start
    Maybe you can pick something light to get you back on track. I'm currently reading Anne of the Green Gables, it's very light-hearted and funny :love:
  • maryrice702
    maryrice702 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am reading Devil in the White City. Very well written--read it before it gets turned into a movie.
  • shrinkingtina
    shrinkingtina Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Currently reading "Where'd you Go, Bernadette" and I'm waiting for it to pick up. Saw it on a list of books that will hook you in the first sentence.
  • lauracsanscartier
    lauracsanscartier Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Huge geeky book addict right here! Reading "Queen of the Night" by Alexander Chee at the moment, with a growing pile of "to-reads" on the nightstand. I'm also a huge lover of fanfiction, mostly "Star Trek: TNG" or "Doctor Who". I tend to alternate between paper books, the Kindle, and fanfic. Love to write as well. Hope to have chats with all y'all! :smile:
  • lenoresdream
    lenoresdream Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I love reading! I used to work at the public library!
    Lucky *_*

• lenoresdream
    lenoresdream Posts: 522 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Hey Bookworms. Check your Amazon accounts. The antitrust suit that Amazon lost to Apple means that you might have a credit in your Amazon account. I just got an email to check and I've got $15.23. lol. Same thing with Ticketmaster if you are concert goers. Some class action suit filed against them in 2003 just paid out like yesterday. You might have ticket vouchers in your account.
    I had a credit in my Barnes and Noble acct too! Something about a class action suit.

I donno, it helped me buy books lol!