Bookworms

Options

Replies

• ejbronte
    ejbronte Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    And is that Jane Seymour as your profile picture? Are you a Tudorite? (I'm a Ricardian, but the Tudors are a fascinating bunch).
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Good eye! Its actually a portrait of Catherine of Aragon - I really should change that pic because I am actually much younger than she is. And I suppose I could be called a Tudorite - I am a big history fan, and that period of British history (from the Yorks and Lancasters throught to the Victorians) is just so rich.
  • lisciousg24
    lisciousg24 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    cross2bear wrote: »
    I'm in - I am a huge booklover, and will read just about anything. I love murder mysteries, have been through all the Agatha Christies, love the books set in Quebec by Louise Penny, tore through all the Harry Potter books, also read non fiction biographies and historical novels (the white Queen for example) - just about anything. Right now I am reading a Sherlock Holmes derivation (my all time favourite book character is Sherlock) and have at least 4 Elizabeth George books waiting in line. Also love the series by Alexander Mccall about Precious Ramotswe and her detective business -charming, easy on the head books. Also loved the

oops, cut myself off!! Meant to say I love the Janet Evanovich Series that started with One for the Money (but hated the movie that starred I think it was Katherine Heigl) I have read the Girl on the Train, and thought it was ok. I am pretty picky about what I read - I despise bodice busters (sorry Outlander fans!).

I love Janet Evanovich! And totally agree with you about the movie. The characters were no where near as hot or what you expected from having read the book.
  • mayoosh_primrose
    mayoosh_primrose Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    OMG Heyyy fellow book lovers!! I'm reading the I Am Number Four series by Pittacus Lore,Im on book 5! I just finished Me Before You by JoJo Moyes and loved it! But #1 on my top 3 favorite book series is The Hunger Games Trilogy

high five!!! I love I'm number Four and am waiting for "united as one" :love: :love: The hunger games is also a favourite of mine!
    Kindred spirit :lol::love:
  • mayoosh_primrose
    Options
    I'm in - I am a huge booklover, and will read just about anything. I love murder mysteries, have been through all the Agatha Christies, love the books set in Quebec by Louise Penny, tore through all the Harry Potter books, also read non fiction biographies and historical novels (the white Queen for example) - just about anything. Right now I am reading a Sherlock Holmes derivation (my all time favourite book character is Sherlock) and have at least 4 Elizabeth George books waiting in line. Also love the series by Alexander Mccall about Precious Ramotswe and her detective business -charming, easy on the head books. Also loved the

Agatha Christie, Penny Louise, Harry Potter...we should be friends right away :smiley: gonna check out the rest :wink: sounds good!

• mayoosh_primrose
    Options
    I'm currently reading the god delusion by Richard Dawkins and planning to go through a Stephen King novel after I finish. I have the Dark Tower series in mind, I just hope it's really good because a friend of mine will be trying King for the first time I don't want him to be put off. What do you all think? :smile:
  • maryrice702
    maryrice702 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have read everything written by Agatha Christie. I love historical novels about the Plantagenets. I love Faulkner, Flannery O'Conner and Carson McCullers. My latest obsession is Southern Gothic novels.
  • cross2bear
    Options

Agatha Christie, Penny Louise, Harry Potter...we should be friends right away :smiley: gonna check out the rest :wink: sounds good!

Then try Stephen Booth and Ian Rankin as well - I am also a bit obsessive about books - if i start one in a series, well then I absolutely have to have every one of them. And it is TORTURE I tell you to purge my books, but if I didnt I would be weaving a path through them to get to the front door. Cheers!!
  • cross2bear
    edited August 2016
    Options

oops, cut myself off!! Meant to say I love the Janet Evanovich Series that started with One for the Money (but hated the movie that starred I think it was Katherine Heigl) I have read the Girl on the Train, and thought it was ok. I am pretty picky about what I read - I despise bodice busters (sorry Outlander fans!).

I love Janet Evanovich! And totally agree with you about the movie. The characters were no where near as hot or what you expected from having read the book.

Absolutely right! Joe and especially Ranger need to be absolutely smoking - and the guys who played them in the movie (sorry guys) just were not. My whole family is hooked on this series and we often try to think who would be good in these roles, and we can never reach a consensus - what do you think? Who would be a good Ranger?
  • lisciousg24
    Options

Absolutely right! Joe and especially Ranger need to be absolutely smoking - and the guys who played them in the movie (sorry guys) just were not. My whole family is hooked on this series and we often try to think who would be good in these roles, and we can never reach a consensus - what do you think? Who would be a good Ranger?

Honestly, I'd say Terrence Howard after hitting the gym for a while. He's frkn hot!
    When I read the books, I'm always like "why isn't my life like this?" Sounds so exciting!
  • cross2bear
    Options
    Isnt he getting a bit, well.....ok, I'll say it - old for that role? I am trying to think of some great looking 30's something fella that I can fantasize about while I am reading the next book!! Now, dont get me wrong - Terrance Howard is a good looking man, but not quite right?
  • cross2bear
    Options
    Jimmy Smits earlier in his career would have been ideal to me, but again, a bit too much "experience" if you get my drift......
  • lisciousg24
    Options
    Yea maybe.
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    I'm currently reading the god delusion by Richard Dawkins and planning to go through a Stephen King novel after I finish. I have the Dark Tower series in mind, I just hope it's really good because a friend of mine will be trying King for the first time I don't want him to be put off. What do you all think? :smile:

i liked the beginning of the dark tower series, story-wise, i found the writing style to be a bit redundant. then things just got all the way silly around book 3 or 4 and i put it down, never picked it back up. i am looking forward to the series though, i can suffer through silliness for some idris elba.
  • petstorekitty
    petstorekitty Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I am. Although right now I spend most of my reading time reading for school. stupid dumb responsibilities.
  • denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options

The Dark Tower is my all time favorite series. I can't find anything to compare.

Currently reading Into the Darkest Corner by Elizabeth Haynes. I. Can't. Put. It. Down. It's a great, yet stressful read.
  • lisciousg24
    Options
    Currently reading Guilty Wives by James Patterson.
    Anyone read this book yet?
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options

The Dark Tower is my all time favorite series. I can't find anything to compare.

Currently reading Into the Darkest Corner by Elizabeth Haynes. I. Can't. Put. It. Down. It's a great, yet stressful read.

even Blaine? :wink:
  • denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Blaine is a pain