How to sync Samsung S Health (SHealth) to MFP (MyFitnessPal)

Options

Replies

• MikeRayHolmes
    MikeRayHolmes Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    What exactly did you guys select inside the MFP app? I see a choice called "samsung" not "S Health." This kind of concerns me as it also says "a dedicated tracker is likely more accurate." This means MFP is using the phone's step counter and not the one on the Gear Fit 2. Msebony and chrisb22, you see an option for S Health and are seeing the Gear's steps in MFP? Are you using an Android phone chrisb22?
  • Jax_Grim
    Jax_Grim Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    If you do not see S Health as an option then your MFP app may not have been updated yet. You can try going to Apps and Devices and search for it. I did not initially see it in the list for my device as I browsed but the search found it. If you can't find it, then your device may still be pending the newest MFP update.
  • chrisb22
    chrisb22 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi MikeRay, first you have to add S Health as an app. Go to the apps & devices in the menu. Find S Health in the list of apps. It was at the very bottom for me. Select it & then hit connect. Once you are connected then, S health will show up as an option when setting the source for the steps.
  • MsEbony
    MsEbony Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi MikeRay, I took a couple of screen shots. Dont forget to get the latest version of MFP. In MFP steps I selected S Health and yes the steps show in MFP. 9hq4co2bybhe.png
    6epdywts8vi7.png
  • yuliya1028
    yuliya1028 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    MsEbony wrote: »
    Hi MikeRay, I took a couple of screen shots. Dont forget to get the latest version of MFP. In MFP steps I selected S Health and yes the steps show in MFP. 9hq4co2bybhe.png
    6epdywts8vi7.png

Mine is selected but still not syncing steps
  • Shawn_in_OKC
    Shawn_in_OKC Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    yuliya1028 wrote: »
    MsEbony wrote: »
    6epdywts8vi7.png

Mine is selected but still not syncing steps

Sometimes if mine doesn't sync the steps I have to close both s health and mfp
  • BigRican69
    BigRican69 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have read thru some of these and I have followed the steps to add S Health to MFP I see its connected and S Health and MFP are talking the only thing not syncing is the Steps, I get an error message and Steps scrren just stays blank, here are a few screen shots:5zjh4rpvz1k2.jpg
    z4fjvb9wqpeh.png
    7ld8ttsiyee0.png
  • Rawr619
    Rawr619 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I have tried following these steps, and it says they are connected but they are not sharing information. If anyone has any advice that would be greatly appreciated.
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    You have to manually change settings on both apps. S health- go to Data Permission, select Mfp, then customize what you want synched.

I just figured this out yesterday. :)
  • luvsdbu
    luvsdbu Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    @ MikeRay, I could not find it either in the app selection so I just did a manual search for it and it popped up!

Remember to do the "Data Permissions"!!
  • luvsdbu
    luvsdbu Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Oh and thanks much MsEbony that was the step I was missing!! :-)
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    luvsdbu wrote: »
    @ MikeRay, I could not find it either in the app selection so I just did a manual search for it and it popped up!

Remember to do the "Data Permissions"!!

OMG THANKS FOR THAT GENERAL SEARCH INFO!
  • moots4me
    moots4me Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    @BigRican69 I am getting the same error message as you. Steps were syncing at first then stopped yesterday. Also, I walked at lunch today and then did a treadmill jog this evening. Both workouts show on S Health, but the first was deleted from MFP and replaced by 2nd workout.

I appreciate everyone sharing their tips here!
  • citylife4eva
    citylife4eva Posts: 9 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    :|
  • MomReborn
    MomReborn Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone for sharing these tips. I found the data permissions in S Health and activated the proper settings. I also found that a clearing the caches for both apps, closing the apps and a restart helped get everything "talking" as it should for my device, Samsung Galaxy Note 4. I've found the syncing pace between different APIs sometimes needs to have a fresh start to get things going.
  • highlightshadow
    highlightshadow Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    So happy i found this!!!!
    Was fighting with google fit until this. Awesome
  • rrodgers1973
    rrodgers1973 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have a gear fit 2 and Galaxy S5. Got all the data reading and writing from S Health to MFP except steps. I tried pairing the fit2 with MFP won't connect yet. Any Suggestions?
  • amkremsreiter10
    amkremsreiter10 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    @BigRican69 I am also having that error message when trying to pair myfitnesspal to s health. If someone could help that would be great.
  • rrodgers1973
    rrodgers1973 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Update on last, as of the following morning everything is crossing over between both S Health and MFP. Couldn't be happier!
  • pennyjwills
    pennyjwills Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I came across this discussion for the same reason. I love S Health as Endomondo isn't as good and I have a Gear S2 watch. Thank you! I set data permissions on both to Write All and set the MFP steps to S Health and now my steps and exercise come into MFP and my food goes into S Health :smiley: