How to sync Samsung S Health (SHealth) to MFP (MyFitnessPal)

Options

Replies

• resq93
    resq93 Posts: 3 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Recently set up my gear, when looking in S health I have the ability to see the steps counted by my phone (s7) and the steps counted by my gear fit 2. Then there is a setting that says all steps, but this never matches either the total of the two or the difference between the two. A recent example is a total count of 3996, phone count of 2553 and a gear count of 2805.

The bigger issue is that it is the total count that is sent to other apps that are connected like withings and mfp.( is there any way to select the source of the step count that should be imported?)

Anyone have any ideas?
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    Anyone know how to fix this? Because apparently exercise can be a substitute for food now!

f496ylh5itao.png
    ci5wscmgid6e.jpg
  • maritsat
    maritsat Posts: 1 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    So I've tried everything here and MFP and S Health still won't talk. It's driving me batty. Any tips?cjjauzk6ec22.png
    nprz12cewmv1.png
  • joelartygreenwood
    joelartygreenwood Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I just got it to work, and it took some jumping through hoops, probably not all are necessary.

1. Clear data from S-Health, MyFitnessPal (Android App Settings)
    2. Log back into each
    3. Ensure under "Steps" it has S-Health checked
    4. Ensure under "Apps & Devices" it has S-Health connected
    5. In S-Health, Ensure under Settings->Data Permissions MyFitnessPal has access to everything
    6. Go to Home and pull down to refresh (or go into Diary to check Exercise)
    7. Kill both apps if it's not working and start them again
  • SylviazSpirit
    SylviazSpirit Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    So glad I found this! Thanks everyone for posting the help, suggestions, and success! It's working for me! :smile:
  • rits_jena
    rits_jena Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    @BigRican69 I'm also having the same issue! Nothing has fixed it so far! Can anyone help please? rziqzo5nx9ke.png
  • rits_jena
    rits_jena Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I cleared the data on SHealth, uninstalled and re installed mfp and now it is synced! Magic
  • MtnScramble
    MtnScramble Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    The data permissions in S Health was what I was missing. It is working the way I want it to now :) Enter food in MFP, use S Health for steps and workouts.

Thanks for creating and updating this thread. --- Joel
  • taliasattler1
    taliasattler1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    @resq93 - I am also seeing double steps. We're you able to figure out how to change this?
  • liampboyle1
    liampboyle1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    @rits_jena I was having the same issue until I uninstalled and reinstalled MFP on my S7 active (paired with a Gear S2).
  • khoilette
    khoilette Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thank you Joel your suggestion worked when I added all the datapermissions while adding SH to MFP in MFP instead of doing it after in SH. Thanks again
  • hayleyteasdale71
    hayleyteasdale71 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have 5 days worth of entries on Samsung health that I want to transfer to MFP as the food tracker is better, I have connected both apps, made sure the permissions are selected etc, restarted my phone, uninstalled and reinstalled MFP, checked that both apps are the latest version, but the apps still arent syncing and I get the same error as rits_jena above. Does anyone have any suggestions other than be manually adding everything to MFP?!
  • hayleyteasdale71
    hayleyteasdale71 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    UPDATE: MFP has allowed me to select Samsung Health as my steps tracker, and one days breakfast has transferred but thats all?
  • bweemes
    bweemes Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    There are known issues with S-Health (now Samsung Health) and MFP integration. Things get real wacky when S-Health send an exercise to MFP. Check out https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/
  • humphreythepug
    humphreythepug Posts: 1 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I wonder if anyone can help with my step log issue.

I have a gear S3 that is linked to MFP, steps import across to MFP and register calories used etc, however when I do some exercise it only logs the exercise calories in MFP not the exercise calories + daily steps calories.

For example I have 15980 steps recorded on my S3 for yesterday and I also did 500 odd calories of exercise, the steps are showing on MFP but with no calorie amount, however the exercise calorie amount is recorded on MFP.

I didn't have this issue when I had a Fitbit.

See below:
    orz7ewqm706a.png

• tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    Same thing happened to me, but now Shealth is only crediting steps, regardless of how they accumulate (hiking, walking, running) at a low pace caloric burn. It's confusing as anything.
  • forhimandme
    forhimandme Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    rits_jena wrote: »
    I cleared the data on SHealth, uninstalled and re installed mfp and now it is synced! Magic

Were you able to get your old data back at all? I have sooo much data in my SHealth saved I'd hate to lose it all but so far nothing else suggested has worked for me.

Also does anyone know how to get a Samsung Gear Fit 2 connected? It's not showing up as an option when I search for it in the 'Apps & Devices' section.
  • forhimandme
    forhimandme Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Update: I tried everything but it didn't work. Oddly though I was able to get my steps to show up under my status bar by opening my diary/daily log.

Sometimes I had to open the log (like I was going to log some food) then exit back out to the homepage and then my steps would update and show the accurate numbers :)
  • MsValerieAnne
    MsValerieAnne Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Thanks for these, I will try them. I'm curious though, do I HAVE to make S Health the steps counter? I have a fitbit that I use daily (and have for years). I have been pondering getting an S2 Watch (for a fit2 watch) but I like the fitbit too much at the moment. So, I ONLY want MFP items to transfer to S Health (mainly food). I can't seem to get it to read anything. So far my settings are the accounts are connected and I have S Health set up to READ all information for MFP. I have WRITE turned off as I don't want information from S Health transferred over. Is the only way it can read anything from MFP if I have S Health as the steps source?
  • cwagler73
    cwagler73 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    MsEbony wrote: »
    chrisb22 wrote: »
    Harmony9 & lydiab6 want settings are you using in MFP to get S-health to sync. I follow Harmony9 instructions for the s-health side but I don't know how to set-up the MFP side. In MFP, what is selected as your step device?

Chris in MFP app home the 3 lines on left > steps (pic of shoes) > change from default iphone to S health and then you will see a progress bar displaying your steps show underneath your daily stats banner.

thank you @MsEbony ....IT WORKED!!!! Thank you so much!!! You are the best!!