Zimmerman vs. Martin

Options

Replies

• UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen one racist post in this entire thread. The only reason there is a trial is because of racism though. I hope for your son's sake that he is smarter than Martin and would react like a human being and not an animal to attack someone for asking him why he was walking through a neighborhood in 90* weather with a hoodie at 2am.

Treyvon is the animal? hes not the one that instigated this entire thing. if GZ had just stayed in his car this never would have happened. if anyone is an animal its GZ.

Getting out of your car ins't a crime. Following someone walking at night as a neighborhood watch isn't a crime. Stopping someone and asking them questions isn't a crime. ATTACKING some is a crime. Selling drugs is a crime. Stealing jewelry is a crime. Do we need to continue?

Martin was not committing those crimes at the time of the incident. Stalking IS a crime, and being a volunteer neighborhood watch does not put one above the law. All neighborhood watches are instructed by police to report suspicious activity NOT engage or attempt to apprehend!!

when did he attempt to apprehend? His first encounter with Martin was being attacked.

No... it wasn't... because he had already called and reported a suspicious person. That was the extent of his civic duty as neighborhood watch. Everything that occurred after that occurred because he engaged the "suspicious person".
  • projectvanity
    Options
    Let's say that Trayvon was a drug dealing thug. At the end of the day George shot an unarmed child. And this was after he was told to stay inside his car by the 911 dispatcher.

When I was on vacation I watched some of the trial. The medical examiner said that George's injuries did not coincide with the story that he was telling. George said Trayvon jumped out of the bushes and attacked him, but there were no bushes in that area. On the phone call he made to his friend he said that a strange man was following him and that he was going to run, George ran after him. How is that self-defense?
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I, along with many other people, have reported this post to the admins to be removed or locked! It is getting way out of hand and should never have been posted!

Yea, opinions here aren't looked upon well. Just leave if you don't like it. Are the the MFP neighborhhod watch or something?

Nope, but evidently you are all a bunch of children who really don't know when enough is enough! This is turning into name calling and ridiculous accusations about people none of you even know! Grow up!!

Why don't you just leave the thread then it won't bother you as much.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    all the people siding with GZ would think the opposite if it was their kid who was killed.
  • RECowgill
    RECowgill Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Zimmerman is a murderer who killed an unarmed boy. His story completely falls apart when you look at it, or give it any scrutiny. I think you need to be pretty ideological to buy his version of events. I hope he goes away for a long time, people like him are dangerous to society.

So are people who don't examine evidence without emotion.

You must be talking about someone else? I've paid attention to the trial and facts in the case. Zimmerman stalked a boy, had malice and hate in his heart, and shot him. He had hardly any real wounds on his head (tiny scratches), and by his own admission the lumps of his head were just his natural skull shape. He trained 3 days a week in MMA fighting. That is very dedicated, very serious work. The 17 year old he killed had no fighting training, and was a skinny kid, with no gun.
  • Cathy_ann913
    Cathy_ann913 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    That sounds so sad to hate this world! We (all of us)can make the world the way we want it to be. I honestly believe that just one person can make a difference. Don't throw up your arms yet. Let's work together to make this "world" a better place. It starts with YOU!
  • moosegt35
    Options
    Zimmerman is a murderer who killed an unarmed boy. His story completely falls apart when you look at it, or give it any scrutiny. I think you need to be pretty ideological to buy his version of events. I hope he goes away for a long time, people like him are dangerous to society.

How exactly does his story fall apart? One more person who hasn't watched one second of the trial here ^^
  • onetwopotato
    onetwopotato Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Let's say that Trayvon was a drug dealing thug. At the end of the day George shot an unarmed child. And this was after he was told to stay inside his car by the 911 dispatcher.

When I was on vacation I watched some of the trial. The medical examiner said that George's injuries did not coincide with the story that he was telling. George said Trayvon jumped out of the bushes and attacked him, but there were no bushes in that area. On the phone call he made to his friend he said that a strange man was following him and that he was going to run, George ran him. How is that self-defense?
    You're obviously not watching the same trial...
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Not gonna lie, I'm actually kind of impressed at how civil this has stayed...
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options

So are people who don't examine evidence without emotion.

You must be talking about someone else? I've paid attention to the trial and facts in the case. Zimmerman stalked a boy, had malice and hate in his heart, and shot him. He had hardly any real wounds on his head (tiny scratches), and by his own admission the lumps of his head were just his natural skull shape. He trained 3 days a week in MMA fighting. That is very dedicated, very serious work. The 17 year old he killed had no fighting training, and was a skinny kid, with no gun.
    The bolded part: You know that, exactly HOW? Are you a psychic? Just wondering... Seems a bit like conjecture to me...
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    I, along with many other people, have reported this post to the admins to be removed or locked! It is getting way out of hand and should never have been posted!

Yea, opinions here aren't looked upon well. Just leave if you don't like it. Are the the MFP neighborhhod watch or something?

^^^ This
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I'm just fascinated by how many people are ignoring the fact that it was Martin who attacked Zimmerman while he was getting BACK in his car and the growing amount of evidence and testimonies from the police and reports that support Zimmerman's story. :noway:
    Facts are facts.

This! I have been watching/listening to this case since it started. Facts are facts and people need to KNOW the facts before they go overboard with there opinions. It can only make you look ignorant when you start spouting off things that are not true! Like GZ being told to "stand down" by an officer. Never happened. Was talking to a civilian and was told, 'You don't have to do that"

I must be the only one who hasn't heard GZ was getting back in his car. Like I said in another post, I haven't been following closely and only read bits and pieces here and there. The last thing I heard was that he followed TM, but that was some time ago.

Honestly though, why does it matter whether GZ was told "you don't have to do that" by the 911 operator or law enforcement? I understand it's not a direct order from a person of authority and all that but I just don't understand the rationale of saying it was just a civiian or it wasn't a cop or whatever... especially in a situation such as this (one that could escalate). 911 operators tell people what to do all the time in an effort to keep parties involved safe. They are trained to do so, so why is their "authority" or advice any less valid in this situation?
  • moosegt35
    Options

It won't lead to tighter gun laws. And look at the cities that have tighter gun laws, they are the murder capitals of the US. But it's ok, it's criminals killing people instead of someone defending themself against a criminal.

ok so Obama wont use this to tighten gun laws then...im glad you agree. :) (this surprises me)

he has already tried. It is making the gun companies richer and put THOUSANDS of more guns into the hands of law abiding citizens during the last few years, and last year especially.
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Zimmerman stalked a boy, had malice and hate in his heart, and shot him.

And you know this how? I never heard any evidence to support this...
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Not gonna lie, I'm actually kind of impressed at how civil this has stayed...

What thread are you reading? We've already had one person say they essentially hope Zimmerman's shot dead if not convicted, people called idiots and racists.
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options

When I was on vacation I watched some of the trial. The medical examiner said that George's injuries did not coincide with the story that he was telling. George said Trayvon jumped out of the bushes and attacked him, but there were no bushes in that area. On the phone call he made to his friend he said that a strange man was following him and that he was going to run, George ran him. How is that self-defense?
    You're obviously not watching the same trial...

THIS ^^^
  • moosegt35
    Options
    You can't chase someone down, then shoot when attacked and call it self-defense. He had no business following the kid. He was specifically told not to. He was trying to be a hero and it back-fired. He's guilty.

Actually, yes you can. What you can't do is attack someone for following you, especially neighborhhod watch, security, etc.

GZ never announced who he was. So yes, I would feel threatened by someone who was chasing me.

then attack them I guess. I hope you aren't legally kiled for it and only get charged for assualt.
  • SusanMcAvoy
    SusanMcAvoy Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Honestly, after Casey Anthony walked... I have lost all faith in the Florida justice system.

I have lost all faith in Florida too. I live in this state and it's an embarrassment. There are no morals, scruples, and oh the corruption is horrible. Zimmerman was told by the 911 operator not to follow Trayvon. He was a neighborhood watch and not a cop. He did his job by contacting 911. How can there be self defense when Trayvon didn't have a weapon? He was in the neighborhood because he was having a visitation with his father who lived in the neighborhood. He was on his way back home from buying skittles and some iced tea. There is no reason why he was shot to death.. none, nadda, I am so sick of this state. If my husband didn't have a good job down here I'd be gone. And as far as Casey Anthony, don't you just want to scream?
  • moosegt35
    Options
    I haven't seen one racist post in this entire thread. The only reason there is a trial is because of racism though. I hope for your son's sake that he is smarter than Martin and would react like a human being and not an animal to attack someone for asking him why he was walking through a neighborhood in 90* weather with a hoodie at 2am.

Treyvon is the animal? hes not the one that instigated this entire thing. if GZ had just stayed in his car this never would have happened. if anyone is an animal its GZ.

Getting out of your car ins't a crime. Following someone walking at night as a neighborhood watch isn't a crime. Stopping someone and asking them questions isn't a crime. ATTACKING some is a crime. Selling drugs is a crime. Stealing jewelry is a crime. Do we need to continue?

Martin was not committing those crimes at the time of the incident. Stalking IS a crime, and being a volunteer neighborhood watch does not put one above the law. All neighborhood watches are instructed by police to report suspicious activity NOT engage or attempt to apprehend!!

when did he attempt to apprehend? His first encounter with Martin was being attacked.

No... it wasn't... because he had already called and reported a suspicious person. That was the extent of his civic duty as neighborhood watch. Everything that occurred after that occurred because he engaged the "suspicious person".

He didn't engage anyone, he was getting back in his car when he was ATTACKED.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options

It won't lead to tighter gun laws. And look at the cities that have tighter gun laws, they are the murder capitals of the US. But it's ok, it's criminals killing people instead of someone defending themself against a criminal.

ok so Obama wont use this to tighten gun laws then...im glad you agree. :) (this surprises me)

he has already tried. It is making the gun companies richer and put THOUSANDS of more guns into the hands of law abiding citizens during the last few years, and last year especially.

i really should have opened a gun shop 5 years ago...