I want thighs like wow and booty like POW!

Options
13»

Replies

• mlee981
    mlee981 Posts: 18 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    YOU GOTTA LIFT WEIGHTS.

Seriously, strength training is transforming my body into one of grace and strength and is adding to my curves and "tightening" them up so to speak, it's amazing what doing some freaking squats with a 10 kg dumbbell , push ups, leg extensions (some argue this isn't very good as it's an isolation movement but I like them just focus more on compound movements) , dead lifts and all that can do!

Highly recommend you lift weights, don't do blogilates - maybe for cardio or dance but not forming beautiful muscles and curves. You need to add weights and eat to grow.

I'm still a newbie and still wander around the gym not knowing what the hell I'm doing so I do recommend you get somebody to teach you like a trainer or a friend so you don't hurt yourself . I didn't, I just taught my self via watching like a creep at at others in the gym and Google - but yeah form is important so you don't get hurt . I'm still learning and I'm getting so much stronger.

• Fursian
    Fursian Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    I have a butt like cow. :'(

I did *lol*, Cheers :mrgreen:
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Nothing more to add except strong thread title. Made me click.

Made me click too. :)
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Best workouts to maintain and create curves?
    Aaaand go!

Genetics.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    http://www.strongcurves.com/

This is a progressive weightlifting program with a large focus on lower body.
    Yes, but it doesn't create curves. If a woman doesn't have a shape for a round butt, lifting weights in deficit isn't going to help create it.

I may be missing something but I don't see where the OP said she's eating in a deficit.

Genetics do put a limit on what kind of shape you can build but there's a lot of breathing room between giving up and accepting doing nothing and that limit. I don't have hourglass curves (not much of a waist indentation, no real curve out on my hips/thighs when seen from the front) but I have built up my butt and hamstrings and quads in a way that has made me more curvy. Granted, my hip/butt gains have all been out the back and I am no wider than I was to start but I certainly am more curvy. I wouldn't say I have thighs like wow or a booty like pow (lol) but they are much improved.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options

Mission accomplished! LOL!

Also, I love your brows and hair!

Ha, thank you.
  • TehLaughingDog
    TehLaughingDog Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Cherimoose wrote: »
    Squats, deadlifts & lunges, with heavy weight.

Any other questions? :+1:

This!
  • PandoraGreen721
    PandoraGreen721 Posts: 450 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

Same. B)

OP - Hope you get your booty like POW! <3
  • rileyes
    rileyes Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Brett Contreras whole glute thang came about because he was teased for being challenged in that region. Hard heavy work helped him make changes. That said, I recently visited a country where they squat a lot-- fishing, eating lunch, waiting for a bus... and butts were lacking -- even in the athletes (acrobats). So genetics. But you gotta believe hard work can help.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    I do Strong Curves too.
  • GemTheSavage
    GemTheSavage Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    pandora721 wrote: »

Same. B)

OP - Hope you get your booty like POW! <3

Yes!! Thank you so much!
  • KiyaK
    KiyaK Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Another yes for Strong Curves over here. Only 1 week from finishing my first round on the beginner program. Recommend getting the book as well.

Also, hip thrusts & glute brides are more effective for direct glute work. Squats are good, but they're actually quad dominant (as you'll see when you read the book)