Taylorgo90 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Wow!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    I notice a pretty big difference. You look awesome as always.
    Which lifting program are you using now?

I finished PHUL and have a DUP (Daily Undulating Periodization) program at the moment. Squat 3x per week, Bench 3x per week, Deadlift 2x per week-all in different sets/rep ranges, based on percentages of my 1rm. I add a day of lower and upper hypertrophy work as well.

Did you design your program? It sounds really similar to PH3 that I am following now. Congrats on your progress!

When I first started a DUP I just took a really basic template and programmed it myself. But now I have I have one designed specifically for me. I have only recently heard of the PH3. I'm kind of familiar with PHAT but haven't compared the two. Similar?

@arditarose I've never tried PHAT, but just by looking at the template, PH3 is much more focused on the big 3 lifts with programmed weight progression based on your 1RMs but it also includes hypertrophy work. PHAT looks more like a straight bodybuilding workout to me with no specific weight progression and a lot of accessory exercises. I don't think I could do PHAT since those workouts look long and I only have about 45 minutes to lift during my lunch break. I'm in my 3rd round of PH3 now and it's working really well for me.

Ah awesome. Sounds like I'd like it more than PHAT as well.
  • DeadliftsandDonuts
    DeadliftsandDonuts Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I notice a pretty big difference. You look awesome as always.
    Which lifting program are you using now?

I finished PHUL and have a DUP (Daily Undulating Periodization) program at the moment. Squat 3x per week, Bench 3x per week, Deadlift 2x per week-all in different sets/rep ranges, based on percentages of my 1rm. I add a day of lower and upper hypertrophy work as well.

Did you design your program? It sounds really similar to PH3 that I am following now. Congrats on your progress!

When I first started a DUP I just took a really basic template and programmed it myself. But now I have I have one designed specifically for me. I have only recently heard of the PH3. I'm kind of familiar with PHAT but haven't compared the two. Similar?

@arditarose I've never tried PHAT, but just by looking at the template, PH3 is much more focused on the big 3 lifts with programmed weight progression based on your 1RMs but it also includes hypertrophy work. PHAT looks more like a straight bodybuilding workout to me with no specific weight progression and a lot of accessory exercises. I don't think I could do PHAT since those workouts look long and I only have about 45 minutes to lift during my lunch break. I'm in my 3rd round of PH3 now and it's working really well for me.

Ah awesome. Sounds like I'd like it more than PHAT as well.

It's a great well rounded powerbuilding plan! If you decide to try out PH3, it works much better while bulking than cutting. I did my first round through it while bulking and I gained 10 lbs while adding 50 lbs to my squat, 30 lbs to my bench press and 45 lbs to my deadlift. I cut for the 2nd round and I lost 10 lbs, but still added 30 lbs to my squat, 20 lbs to my bench and 10 lbs to my deadlift. I've been just maintaining weight so far through round 3, but my strength is still increasing. I'm bumping up my calories for the rest of this cycle and the next to slowly move up to the top of my weight class as I'm considering my first powerlifting meet next year.
  • TravisJHunt
    TravisJHunt Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    You look amazing in all photos! Great work! Keep it up! A healthy lifestyle leads to a long life.
  • grapaj
    grapaj Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Arditarose - I am always amazed by how you can get cuttin'. I am really struggling to cut and this summer was a fail for me. But hey, atleast I kept lifting and so maybe this counts as a *bulk*? LOL! Inspirational, I love your posts :)