If every day were like today. You'd weigh X lbs in 5 weeks

Options
1235»

Replies

• DarkmarkStar
    DarkmarkStar Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Ok this will be my test. I will log in my food from today for the next 5 weeks.Making sure The If every day were like today... You'd weigh 170 lbs.. Who's with me? every day's food will be for 170 lbs in 5 weeks wish me luck.
  • ericatoday
    ericatoday Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    It shows you the 5 weeks because most people probably put 2 lbs per week so its showing you if everyday were like today youd be x amount if you lose 2lbs a week it would be 10lbs down. Thats just my guess. But if mine was accurate i would be below my goal by now
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    if it were true I would have lost the remainder of the weight by now. I havent. so yeah its not accurate. if you keep track you will see that day to day its usually different too. what it means that if you ate those same foods(macro amounts,etc) then you should weigh that amount. but I found if you vary even a little with food or exercise it will give you different numbers.
  • zalmann919
    zalmann919 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    all it does is take your calorie deficit, assume you will eat at that deficit everyday for 5 weeks. 3500 calorie is a pound, so if you eat at a 500 calorie deficit every 7 days you will lose a pound.. viola.. you will weigh 5 pounds less in 5 weeks. Easy calculation.

They probably say 5 weeks because it's give us an idea of where we will be next month if we continue to eat the way we did on this day. the effects our food choices will have on weight.

Of course it's only right if you are eating the correct number of calories to start with.

Don't forget to factor in exercise "calories." It's debatable how accurate these are to begin with, but in any case they will change your "net" calorie deficit. Not only do you have to eat the same number of calories, you have to exercise the same amount, too. So much for rest days...

The bottom line for me is that I consider the number entertainment, nothing more. I certainly won't change anything because of it. For that, I have my weekly weigh-in.