I'm TOO pretty to work...

Options

Replies

• Bethie_J
    Bethie_J Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I keep telling my boss that I'm too pretty to work. He keeps laughing while handing me stacks of spreadsheets....
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    It's probably the hawaiian dresses. They're just too sexy.
  • CarleyJo89
    CarleyJo89 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    She isn't that pretty and looks way older than 33 (Sorry for being a b***h but its true!)
  • ldnmaggie
    ldnmaggie Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    nothing special, maybe she wouldnt be so "pretty" if she took of her ten layers of makeup!!!!!!

her being so snobby makes her ugly!!
  • Shy_Yogi
    Shy_Yogi Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I actually had a student (I'm a college professor) drop out of college because she said she was "too pretty to attend class" and that the guys wouldn't leave her alone LOL. When I asked her why she didn't just attend online classes, she told me she was so pretty that her boyfriend was making her quit and online classes would mean that she had to "chat up" with the other guys.
  • bettacheckyoself
    Options
    I actually had a student (I'm a college professor) drop out of college because she said she was "too pretty to attend class" and that the guys wouldn't leave her alone LOL. When I asked her why she didn't just attend online classes, she told me she was so pretty that her boyfriend was making her quit and online classes would mean that she had to "chat up" with the other guys.

Where can I send my donations?
  • Lovdiamnd
    Lovdiamnd Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Me too!!! lol jk
  • ThisCanadian
    ThisCanadian Posts: 1,086 Member
    Options

I.... Actually feel a little bad for her if she was truthful. Bad about the controlling boyfriend, I mean. That doesn't sound like a healthy relationship.
  • _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    THREAD RECAP:

-she looks older than 33
    -bears similarities to Michael Jackson
    -she is pretty but not too pretty
    -she isn't that pretty
    -she is not attractive at all
    -she wears a lot of makeup
    -some people can relate to her on some days
    -a lot of people are prettier than her
    -eyebrows can be creepy
    -criticisms reinforce her delusional perceptions of herself (don't hate the playa, hate the game)

You forgot, "needs a better bra to put the girls back where they belong."
  • xDawnsgrace
    xDawnsgrace Posts: 436
    Options
    she seriously needs a bra.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    I think this was a troll post to see how many MFPers would come out to body shame this woman in the pics, call her old and comment on her boobs.

Ridiculous!

For the record, sexual harassment is real and I have seen boss' wives pressure boss' to fire certain female employees for wearing shorts too short, etc. This stuff does exist.

At the same time, the lady who was in charge of one of the law sections in the bar association I am a member of was drop dead gorgeous, a hard worker, and didn't appear to have to quit her profession because she happened to also be beautiful. So I think this particular woman (if it is even REAL) obviously just doesn't want to work. And why should she? Her family has inherited a bunch of money. I'm not sure I would keep slaving away the 9-5 if I didn't have to either. I wouldn't make up some dumb excuse, but I certainly wouldn't be pulling the hours I am.
  • CorvusCorax77
    Options
    THREAD RECAP:

-she looks older than 33
    -bears similarities to Michael Jackson
    -she is pretty but not too pretty
    -she isn't that pretty
    -she is not attractive at all
    -she wears a lot of makeup
    -some people can relate to her on some days
    -a lot of people are prettier than her
    -eyebrows can be creepy
    -criticisms reinforce her delusional perceptions of herself (don't hate the playa, hate the game)

You forgot, "needs a better bra to put the girls back where they belong."

in even more summary:

-IN to body shame random woman's pics.
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    If scarlett johansson can work then I'm sure she can too.
  • bettacheckyoself
    Options
    I think this was a troll post to see how many MFPers would come out to body shame this woman in the pics, call her old and comment on her boobs.

Ridiculous!

For the record, sexual harassment is real and I have seen boss' wives pressure boss' to fire certain female employees for wearing shorts too short, etc. This stuff does exist.

At the same time, the lady who was in charge of one of the law sections in the bar association I am a member of was drop dead gorgeous, a hard worker, and didn't appear to have to quit her profession because she happened to also be beautiful. So I think this particular woman (if it is even REAL) obviously just doesn't want to work. And why should she? Her family has inherited a bunch of money. I'm not sure I would keep slaving away the 9-5 if I didn't have to either. I wouldn't make up some dumb excuse, but I certainly wouldn't be pulling the hours I am.

I think you're upset and ridiculous. No one said sexual harassment didn't exist. Get out of the chit chat forums if you can't handle it.
  • CorvusCorax77
    Options

Ridiculous!

I think you're upset and ridiculous. No one said sexual harassment didn't exist. Get out of the chit chat forums if you can't handle it.

Ironic, because now I think you're upset and ridiculous. I didn't say no one said sexual harassment wasn't real. I was just saying that it is as it was relevant to the article you posted.

If you can't handle it, perhaps you should get out of chit-chat! You grumps mcgrumpy!

:laugh:
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options

Ridiculous!

I didn't take it as the OP making it to invite people to body shame. If that were the case, every single of the "this celebrity/fitness model/mode/plus size model, etc. is my ideal body type" threads would also be created with the intent to invite people to body shame. I think she was maybe just perplexed by how anyone would openly say they were too pretty to work.
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    In.

I jokingly say I get paid to sit there and look pretty at work... but I work my *kitten* off.
  • bettacheckyoself
    Options

Ridiculous!

Ironic, because now I think you're upset and ridiculous. I didn't say no one said sexual harassment wasn't real. I was just saying that it is as it was relevant to the article you posted.

If you can't handle it, perhaps you should get out of chit-chat! You grumps mcgrumpy!

:laugh:

"For the record, sexual harassment is real " ..."This stuff does exist." ......could have fooled me.

<<<< btw, this smile is always on 24/7

Thanks for your next bump/response!
  • bettacheckyoself
    Options

Ridiculous!

I didn't take it as the OP making it to invite people to body shame. If that were the case, every single of the "this celebrity/fitness model/mode/plus size model, etc. is my ideal body type" threads would also be created with the intent to invite people to body shame. I think she was maybe just perplexed by how anyone would openly say they were too pretty to work.

Yeah, a mix of that and I do actually believe people can be so mean that they make people want to quit their job. I had a situation at my workplace where someone didn't like me and they made it difficult for me to go into work everyday. I wouldn't say it was because I was pretty, but because they made snap judgments about me and was into gossip etc. Some people are just very negative, and they like to gossip at the workplace and they don't care if it hurts peoples feelings or makes them uncomfortable.

But more importantly, I now want to know how did you know I was a girl??? lols
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options

Ridiculous!

Yeah, a mix of that and I do actually believe people can be so mean that they make people want to quit their job. I had a situation at my workplace where someone didn't like me and they made it difficult for me to go into work everyday. I wouldn't say it was because I was pretty, but because they made snap judgments about me and was into gossip etc. Some people are just very negative, and they like to gossip at the workplace and they don't care if it hurts peoples feelings or makes them uncomfortable.

But more importantly, I now want to know how did you know I was a girl??? lols

because I'm a mind reader. :bigsmile: