I'm TOO pretty to work...

Options

Replies

• FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    She's probably just trying to become the next Samantha Brick.

I work with some truly beautiful women. Our workplace is largely female, and we build each other up, not make jealous and rude remarks because someone is beautiful. However, beautiful people (not just women) who act better than others based on their looks usually will get their looks picked apart. If you put something out there as the reason for your superiority, it's a guarantee others will try to bring you back down.

We also work with the public. If the beautiful women I can work with can make it work, dealing with lots of different people, I'm sure this woman can too.

But I really believe she just wants Samantha Brick's column in the Daily Mail. (I think that's where her column is anyway.)
  • gowrirao81
    gowrirao81 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Oh my! Another special snowflake we have here!
  • blah2989
    blah2989 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Get a modeling job, not too involved, make up, dress up, take pictures as you pose. If you cant get a modeling job, then I guess YOURE NOT THAT PRETTY!!! LOL!!!! But really, if that were my kid Id kick her *kitten* and cut her off.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    I think she means she is too lazy to work.

That's what I read.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    I think this was a troll post to see how many MFPers would come out to body shame this woman in the pics, call her old and comment on her boobs.

Ridiculous!

For the record, sexual harassment is real and I have seen boss' wives pressure boss' to fire certain female employees for wearing shorts too short, etc. This stuff does exist.

At the same time, the lady who was in charge of one of the law sections in the bar association I am a member of was drop dead gorgeous, a hard worker, and didn't appear to have to quit her profession because she happened to also be beautiful. So I think this particular woman (if it is even REAL) obviously just doesn't want to work. And why should she? Her family has inherited a bunch of money. I'm not sure I would keep slaving away the 9-5 if I didn't have to either. I wouldn't make up some dumb excuse, but I certainly wouldn't be pulling the hours I am.

I didn't take it as the OP making it to invite people to body shame. If that were the case, every single of the "this celebrity/fitness model/mode/plus size model, etc. is my ideal body type" threads would also be created with the intent to invite people to body shame. I think she was maybe just perplexed by how anyone would openly say they were too pretty to work.

Just FYI- I didn't really think that either. I was hoping it though for all the body shaming comments I saw in here.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I work 3 jobs. Does that mean I'm ugly?
  • Fithealthyforlife
    Fithealthyforlife Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    I was just watching Big Bang Theory, and this scene reminded me of "too pretty to work":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbNyDqMuK6A

It's not a GIF, but it's funny.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Look at all this attention given to her. I'm sure she will find someone to love her and pay her way. smh.
  • Fithealthyforlife
    Options
    Look at all this attention given to her. I'm sure she will find someone to love her and pay her way. smh.

Let me change the subject, then...

Who here thinks they're too pretty to work_OUT...?

• melb_alex
    melb_alex Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    For someone that had a "higher" education "‘They [other women] assumed because I was pretty, I was stupid, so didn’t take me seriously at first and, because of their own insecurities, were jealous of my looks" doesn't really scream 'articulate' at an alleged doctorate level. If i was in her position being subjected to the amount of scrutiny that she has, I would probably want to convey my point in a more comprehensive manner...

Every 'pretty' girl knows that people can have a predisposed perception about them, but this lady is not really doing herself any favours by being a complete narcassist. You can have an attractive girl that uses her looks as an advantage AND you can have an attractive girl that is aware of her looks but pursues life with her intelligence and expertise . The latter usually ends up the most successful as they possess the right mentality.

We can all judge her but at the end of the day she is getting her 15 minutes of fame; irrespective of the people that despise her. Don't let her win!

p.s TERRIBLE EYEBROWS!
  • melb_alex
    Options

Let me change the subject, then...

Who here thinks they're too pretty to work_OUT...?

i certainly don't look pretty when I work out :)

If you do go home :)
  • melb_alex
    Options
    Get a modeling job, not too involved, make up, dress up, take pictures as you pose. If you cant get a modeling job, then I guess YOURE NOT THAT PRETTY!!! LOL!!!! But really, if that were my kid Id kick her *kitten* and cut her off.

Thank you!

body shame

pffffft f off.
  • melb_alex
    Options
    I think this was a troll post to see how many MFPers would come out to body shame this woman in the pics, call her old and comment on her boobs.

Ridiculous!

For the record, sexual harassment is real and I have seen boss' wives pressure boss' to fire certain female employees for wearing shorts too short, etc. This stuff does exist.

At the same time, the lady who was in charge of one of the law sections in the bar association I am a member of was drop dead gorgeous, a hard worker, and didn't appear to have to quit her profession because she happened to also be beautiful. So I think this particular woman (if it is even REAL) obviously just doesn't want to work. And why should she? Her family has inherited a bunch of money. I'm not sure I would keep slaving away the 9-5 if I didn't have to either. I wouldn't make up some dumb excuse, but I certainly wouldn't be pulling the hours I am.

I think you're upset and ridiculous. No one said sexual harassment didn't exist. Get out of the chit chat forums if you can't handle it.

HAHAHAH I vote for you to piss off whoever wrote this! ^^

NOT OP ;)
  • toothpastechica
    toothpastechica Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    If my parents were as easily pushed over as hers seem to be, I'd be 'too pretty to work' too.

No kidding! Shes not even THAT pretty...shes alright, but not to the point that she couldn't keep a job for it.
  • melb_alex
    Options
    She's pretty, sure, but she looks older than 33. For someone spending that much moula on cloths, you'd think she'd get a proper fitting bra...O_o

I'm older than she is and I'd say I'm just as pretty and I am not having any issues working. There are also ladies here who are prettier than me and go fig that I don't hate their guts *rolls eyes*. As someone mentioned in the comments of the article, I have a feeling she quit working more than anything because it didn't mesh with her extravagant lifestyle and living off her parents is farrrr easier.

If she was harassed that much, where's her sugar daddy???

WAY prettier ;)
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Nobody is too pretty to work. NEXT.
  • Fithealthyforlife
    Options
    We're actually socially conditioned to find women with make-up more attractive. And sometimes people confuse the make-up-bolstered look with natural physical beauty. Natural physical beauty has a behavioral component--the facial expression--and isn't based just on the shape/size of features and how the skin looks. When women wear make-up, some of the natural cues are lost. I know that it took me a while to understand how a given woman can look incredibly different with and without well-done make-up. Not better or worse, just different...generally, looking "sexier" with make-up, older-looking with make-up, but younger-looking, more natural-looking, and more naturally beautiful without make-up or with minimal make-up...compared to a full-blown, multi-layer beauty-queen-style treatment make-up guise complete with a base layer, a liquid polymer layer, a plaster-of-paris layer, and a final spray-paint layer....
  • bettacheckyoself
    Options
    We're actually socially conditioned to find women with make-up more attractive. And sometimes people confuse the make-up-bolstered look with natural physical beauty. Natural physical beauty has a behavioral component--the facial expression--and isn't based just on the shape/size of features and how the skin looks. When women wear make-up, some of the natural cues are lost. I know that it took me a while to understand how a given woman can look incredibly different with and without well-done make-up. Not better or worse, just different...generally, looking "sexier" with make-up, older-looking with make-up, but younger-looking, more natural-looking, and more naturally beautiful without make-up or with minimal make-up...compared to a full-blown, multi-layer beauty-queen-style treatment make-up guise complete with a base layer, a liquid polymer layer, a plaster-of-paris layer, and a final spray-paint layer....

Sounds like a construction site...

I liked what you said earlier (a different post) about the vicious cycle of criticism ...so true, so true.
  • Stace5
    Stace5 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    The funny thing is i saw an article in more magazine of this EXACT woman maybe a year before saying that she will do whatever it takes to get ahead in the workplace, including backstabbing and spreading rumours and lies about her colleagues. So i think it's probably more likely she left her job because nobody liked her!!
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    I don't see it...She looks normal to me

It would be one thing if she was a supermodel while trying to get a normal job and people wouldn't stop hounding her, but she is kind of a "no-one". Maybe its her entitled attitude they don't like?