I'm TOO pretty to work...

Options

Replies

• IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    I have seen hotter women on MFP ipuffyheartco is an example

That was by far, one of the sweetest things I've read. Thank you kindly.
  • _speshk
    _speshk Posts: 19
    Options
    Maybe she wouldn't be as pretty if she didn't spend almost 2000 euros a month on being a waste of life.

I love you.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Meh, I've seen prettier.

but you've never eaten s'mores. ?
  • SkinnyMsFitness
    SkinnyMsFitness Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Yeah...lazy!! I've seen this before and there's definitely nothing pretty about her attitude. Her looks aren't even that impressive for that mentality. I think it's another pathetic excuse not to work.
    ...She said it, not me : http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2327173/The-woman-claims-pretty-job-Graduate-hounded-sex-pests-jealous-females.html

She is very pretty, more so in the video than in the pics.

I would like to express my sympathy to the very pretty people in this world.

Your thoughts, please. Be sure to read the readers comments below.

***REVISED: Updated the correct link
  • bettacheckyoself
    Options
    Is there such thing as TOO ugly to work?

I wonder how people would react to a girl who was TOO ugly to work... (who freeloads off her rich parents)
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    That is the worst excuse ever.

It might work for me, but jeez, who does she think she is?
  • Jennisin1
    Jennisin1 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I don't even think I am THAT pretty.... but I get comments all the time that I must be a bad mom from the women in my office (single working mom to a one and two year old). Because no single mom EVER was in great shape and had a great carrier and a personal life who also was a good mom.... its just too hard to comprehend.. therefore... I must be slacking at being a mom.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Does anyone see Michael Jackson in that video?

Michael-Jackson-38211-1-402.jpg

hahaha! Beat me to it. I saw this article/video over a month ago and my very first thought was "She resembles Michael Jackson!"
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I don't even think I am THAT pretty.... but I get comments all the time that I must be a bad mom from the women in my office (single working mom to a one and two year old). Because no single mom EVER was in great shape and had a great carrier and a personal life who also was a good mom.... its just too hard to comprehend.. therefore... I must be slacking at being a mom.

:noway:

That is sooooo ridiculous! What an incredibly hurtful thing to say!! I'm so sorry someone said that to you. :flowerforyou:
  • DragonSquatter
    DragonSquatter Posts: 957 Member
    Options

Wow, that is horrible. I hope you bit back at the women saying this to you to shut them up.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Maybe she should get a job working in the media or the fashion industry or something like that....its all about perspective. Since women are still very outnumbered in certain industries, I suspect its really not that hard to be the hottest chick in the science lab

If she worked among lots of attractive women, I'm sure she'd be pouting that she wasn't getting enough attention!!
  • southerndream24
    southerndream24 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    As someone who works in male-dominated industry, I'd like to ask this girl to take several seats. Your reasonings for not wanting to wok are embarrassing!

I am by no means claiming to be the prettiest girl in the world (so please don't attack me) , but I get called pretty a lot. I'm only saying that to give my statement a little framing. One thing men I've met say they admire about me is my intelligence and ability to work hard. I go to work and bust my butt just as hard as the next person. Do I find some dudes leering at me creepily in the corporate cafeteria? Yes. Do I feel that I'm hit on by senior men at my firm. HELL YES, but I'm not running around whining about it and using it as an excuse to not work.

Why? Because my career is about ME and I would never let the actions of men or jealous females derail all of my hard work. Grow up or just own up to the fact that you're lazy and want a rich man to take care of you.

Ok, rant over.
  • Jennisin1
    Jennisin1 Posts: 574 Member
    Options

Wow, that is horrible. I hope you bit back at the women saying this to you to shut them up.

Isn't worth it.. I just have become insular.. I come and go as I please because I am pretty high up in the company... and don't talk to anyone outside of my departmental circle.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    I think she means she is too lazy to work.
  • Fithealthyforlife
    Fithealthyforlife Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Can't you people see what is really going on here?

She is trying to "stir the pot", so to speak (actually, trying to tip it over and spill everything...on purpose, to see if we all lick it up). There are people who feel compelled to say certain things. It's a quirk of the brain. She admits that she has a behavioral/emotional processing disorder in the video. You have to read between the lines, but anyone educated in Pschology should be able to see it. people like her want to yell out controversial things and then see how people respond. You all have done exactly what she wants you to do. More often than not, the person does not actually mean everything literally; they are just testing society to see what we believe.

She is most likely not stupid. just disenchanted with society. She is caught in that catch-22 where she wants to look good, but "hates" the responses. (Secretly she loves them and is addicted.)

She is good-looking. But personally, I can only look at her for a few seconds before feeling upset, because she looks startlingly similar to a girl I once went out with, but who ended up having a little-to-be-desired personality.
  • TwinkieDong
    TwinkieDong Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    goes to show for the most part Men only have one choice in life do for themselves, Women have two choices do for themselves or have someone else do it for you.

yes, a choice. That doesn't mean we all take advantage like that. Some of us bust *kitten*, too. :wink:
    Plenty of men have someone do for them, too.

yes you are right, but that is the EXCEPTION. I am not bashing women at all, it is a good thing to have a choice.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    she looks like " the Nanny"'
    anyways that's ridiculous
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    goes to show for the most part Men only have one choice in life do for themselves, Women have two choices do for themselves or have someone else do it for you.

yes, a choice. That doesn't mean we all take advantage like that. Some of us bust *kitten*, too. :wink:
    Plenty of men have someone do for them, too.

yes you are right, but that is the EXCEPTION. I am not bashing women at all, it is a good thing to have a choice.
    On what do you base this statement?
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    As someone who works in male-dominated industry, I'd like to ask this girl to take several seats. Your reasonings for not wanting to wok are embarrassing!

I am by no means claiming to be the prettiest girl in the world (so please don't attack me) , but I get called pretty a lot. I'm only saying that to give my statement a little framing. One thing men I've met say they admire about me is my intelligence and ability to work hard. I go to work and bust my butt just as hard as the next person. Do I find some dudes leering at me creepily in the corporate cafeteria? Yes. Do I feel that I'm hit on by senior men at my firm. HELL YES, but I'm not running around whining about it and using it as an excuse to not work.

Why? Because my career is about ME and I would never let the actions of men or jealous females derail all of my hard work. Grow up or just own up to the fact that you're lazy and want a rich man to take care of you.

Ok, rant over.
    Based solely on your profile photo, you're prettier than the subject of this thread.
  • Fithealthyforlife
    Fithealthyforlife Posts: 866 Member
    Options

Ok, rant over.

"I am by no means claiming to be the prettiest girl in the world (so please don't attack me) , but I get called pretty a lot."

I like this, because I've met some women who feel the same way as you, and heard the exact same line before. As a result, I've made it a practice to never comment on a woman's looks, period...if I want to ever get to know her. Once you do that, you're just another scaly reptile in another person's eyes.