Minus 118lbs and 3 Medications (pics)

Options
ForMe2No
ForMe2No Posts: 235 Member
I’ve been lurking for over a year and have been so inspired and motivated and now I’m finally ready to share my story. Like many of you I have been on many different diets. Lost weight and gained it all back. Through this I realized what really needed to be done and knew that I know how to do it. The problem was getting my mind set. It’s a lifestyle change I needed not a diet. At times in the back of my mind I always contemplated surgery because I didn’t think I could do it on my own. But I could never quite bring myself to discuss surgery with the doctor.

Fast forward to April of 2015 I see a picture of me that was taken at an event and I was devastated and disgusted. Add that to seeing my doctor and her telling me that my A1C had gone up from 7 to 10 in just 3 months and she was increasing my diabetic medication. That was even more devastating. So I left the doctor’s office with a plan to try this weight loss thing one more time and this time do it the right way. Exercise and eat right at the same time and drink plenty of water and if I get results in a month then I will keep at it and I won’t think about surgery again. Deep in my heart I knew I could do it as I had already quit smoking (2years prior) and I had already drastically cut down on sodas and fried foods. I knew I had no choice but to do it as I had other health issues and things were only going to get worst and I was too young to die. And even though they are adults, I know my children still need me.

So I weighed myself and started tracking all my calories in MFP and synced it with my FitBit. My next doctor’s visit was in July 2015 and I was down 30lbs. The doctor decreased my diabetic medication and in September of 2015 my hypertension and cholesterol medication was decreased and my weight was down over 50lbs in just 5 months and I ended 2015 being 81lbs down in just a little over 8 months.

Saw my doctor in January of this year and was taken off all medication!

I’m so mad at myself for neglecting my health and my body for so long. I’m also very proud of myself for finally getting things under control. I feel better than I have in 20 years. When I started this journey I couldn’t walk up the stairs in my house without being out of breath and pain in my knees and stiffness in my back and other parts of my body no doubt undiagnosed arthritis. Now I’m running 5ks a couple times a week. My initial goal was to be 175lbs in a year. Well it took me an extra three weeks but I made it. I have set a new goal of 145lbs or maybe just a size 8. Depends on how I feel and what I look like.
And I thought I was going to keep this short and sweet. Some stats:
• Height 5’4
• SW 285.9lbs
• CW 167.1lbs
• UGW 145lbs or size 8
• Started mid April 2015
I know you want to get to the pictures. I included some of the foods I prepared at home. Maybe you’ve already scrolled to the pictures but if you are still reading I want to say thank you for reading my story and I hope it encourages or inspires you to create your own story or share. My entire journey from start til now has been documented on my Instagram account Aspire_2BFit. Did I mention how much fun it is to shop now and how good it feels to be able to cross my legs even if I shouldn’t.

nrrdlbrvou28.jpg
bqp4eu0o6xbh.jpg
ufr20vhjb3q0.jpg
enuizm99q1mq.jpg
bjlvwz7ddydc.jpg
m4mlcutsgrst.jpg
8zanfrzd49fz.jpg
hf4aqnfvurdm.jpg

Replies

• ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Way to go!!!
  • Beagle160
    Beagle160 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wow, you should be incredibly proud. Don't beat yourself for past mistakes, congratulate yourself on your achievements. Doing this requires incredible self discipline and determination. You go, girl!!
  • Hyperbum
    Hyperbum Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic and your story is inspiring. Along with the weight loss you seemed to have found the fountain of youth. Congratulations!
  • kuksabs
    kuksabs Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Looking amazing and congratulations!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! Nice work!!
  • spurby123
    spurby123 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You look incredible! Kudos to you! Thank you for sharing your inspirational story
  • TnZMom
    TnZMom Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Awesome how your smile is bigger in all the after shots
  • IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt
    IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring, great work! Thank you for sharing your success story. :)
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Outstanding!
  • ChaleGirl
    ChaleGirl Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Well done you look amazing! Your food looks super yummy too!
  • AlexAmelia85
    AlexAmelia85 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful story! Thanks for the inspiration!
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    I have nothing but praise for you!

1) I love the dress in the first "after" picture
    2) Your skin! Your skin is so smooth and perfect, in all the pictures! I envy it!
    3) that pizza looks delicious!

You deserve all the best, NICE WORK!!!
  • agawnursing
    agawnursing Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Amazing!
  • tishcourt54
    tishcourt54 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring story! Thanks!
  • sabkhan32
    sabkhan32 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Congrats so proud of you!! Your story keeps me motivated on my weightloss journey. I too have alot of weight to loss as well
  • ChristineE63
    ChristineE63 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Awesome story, you look amazing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!